• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else annoyed with UOAssist?

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's forget that it never gets updated and that there's advertising on the update/welcome screen despite the fact that we have to pay for it.

Let's forget for a minute that this guy is probably sipping the pina coladas on a sandy beach somewhere.

What really pisses me off about UOAssist is when I use the NextTarget feature of the legacy targeting system in the 2D client UOAssist's last target does not notice this.

Anyone else who would like to point out other UOAssist annoyances should use this thread.

I can't understand why EA doesn't just create their own Windows GUI for the 2D client. KR is finished, everyone has settled into the client they want. Obviously you've decided you're going to support the 2D client.

That means addressing UOAssist, the elephant in the room.

D

DHMagicMan_1

I played WAY BACK in the dark ages before Tram and I've quit and returned many times. Each time I reactivate my account I pay for UO again (and the monthly fees) and each time I never have to pay for UO Assist again.

While I can appreciate that you wish for more frequent updates, think about whether 1... maybe he's not being allowed to add stuff since or 2... maybe new registrations are down to a serious trickle and it's just not worth it to keep working on.

Granted, if we all paid $2 / month for each UOA key that we keep active then he'd have income and incentive to keep things updated and his customers happy. :)

Nylan

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Compare the few minor annoyances of UOA to UO's idea of a macro system and the fact that you only had to pay once for UOA I don't think I would or will complain too much.

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well that is my point. Why doesn't EA just make their own Windows GUI setup for the 2D client?

"Tug" is lucky he has made so much money off UO. Anyone could write that program.

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Anyone else annoyed at Drinkbeerallday's constant complaining and nagging?

First,if you had taken any time to read what you paid for you would have noticed this little blurb...

If you don't guarantee UOAssist will be changed when OSI changes the data stream why should I buy UOAssist? -- If you read most software license agreements you'll find they almost always make no guarantee that it will function as desired and without bugs... I want people to understand that if OSI makes certain changes I may not be able to compensate for them and therefore will not guarantee anything. If I made/make any statements that even hint at a guarantee that I'd at least make an effort towards correcting UOAssist those statements might be used in court against Tugsoft so I won't make such statements. I realize a guarantee of any type would be nice and reassure potential customers but I try not to make promises I might not be able to keep. I could just not point out, because it is in the license agreement, that things may break but I want people to understand the possible outcomes. I'll say this again, almost every software license agreement I've read makes statements that pretty much mean if the software doesn't work they have no commitment to fix it.
Honestly your lucky he took the time to write a program to make it easier for players to build skills and do monotonous actions over and over.

Please. quit trying to find a reason to pancake about something everyday.:sleep2:

Kaj

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's forget that it never gets updated and that there's advertising on the update/welcome screen despite the fact that we have to pay for it.

Let's forget for a minute that this guy is probably sipping the pina coladas on a sandy beach somewhere.

What really pisses me off about UOAssist is when I use the NextTarget feature of the legacy targeting system in the 2D client UOAssist's last target does not notice this.

Anyone else who would like to point out other UOAssist annoyances should use this thread.

I can't understand why EA doesn't just create their own Windows GUI for the 2D client. KR is finished, everyone has settled into the client they want. Obviously you've decided you're going to support the 2D client.

That means addressing UOAssist, the elephant in the room.
Aside from the fact that UOA cost just a few bucks, I think I once read an interview with the guy that made UOA where he stated that he is limited to what EA allows him to. He had some very nice new features but EA told him no.
Which might explain the fact that UOA hasn't had any real new features for over 8 years or so.

L

Lord Kynd

First,if you had taken any time to read what you paid for you would have noticed this little blurb...

Honestly your lucky he took the time to write a program to make it easier for players to build skills and do monotonous actions over and over.

Please. quit trying to find a reason to pancake about something everyday.:sleep2:
for real.

TheScoundrelRico

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I suppose if this really bothered you, you could use that neat little "ignore user" button...or something that might take a tad bit more control. Just don't read or reply to their posts?

Just sayin...la

L

Lord Drakelord

I suppose if this really bothered you, you could use that neat little "ignore user" button...or something that might take a tad bit more control. Just don't read or reply to their posts?

Just sayin...la
where that "ignore user" button? On the old forum there was such a thing, but I sure don't see it here. As for UOA, we have it on all our accounts, LOVE IT.

Maplestone

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
where that "ignore user" button? On the old forum there was such a thing, but I sure don't see it here. As for UOA, we have it on all our accounts, LOVE IT.
On the menu bar up top, go to "User CP" then "Edit Ignore List".

(I'm usually against shunning people, it feels wrong. But I have to admit that I've broken down and added a few names to make U.Hall readable)

direct link: http://vboards.stratics.com/profile.php?do=ignorelist

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

LOL LUCKY? there is a much better FREE program available for use but it is of course, against the rules. we are stuck with crappy old UOAssist

and please, keep posting and trolling in my threads, it bumps them to the top. thanks.

Lord Sir Scott

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA destroyed A lot Aspects Of UO IMO...
Worst Thing Ever to happen to UO was the concept of "Lets use other programs to play UO too"

drinkbeerallday

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UOA destroyed A lot Aspects Of UO IMO...
Worst Thing Ever to happen to UO was the concept of "Lets use other programs to play UO too"
i use it for the dress macro, the mouse wheel targeting, potion macros, mount/dismount etc..

i don't see how that destroys UO

Lucy of Kenton

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i have some far off memory that tug said ea werent allowing him to update it so he quit it. cant blame the guy really. think of the private individuals that gave stuf to uo, tug gone, zof(auction) gone. replaced by kr macros which are ok if u like yer char being bigger than the door the go thru.
auction replaced by??? an etheral void with dancing broccoli.
drinkbeerallday? hey im off to virginia soon i hope and thats what im gonna do :)

W

Wilde1

you gotta be kidding me... i paid a measly 15 bucks 8 years ago, have quit twice for lengthy periods, and the program still can tell that I paid and still works... name one other proggy on your puter you can say that about?

indispensable program that I can't imagine playing without and I appreciate that it still functions.

G

galefan2004

Well that is my point. Why doesn't EA just make their own Windows GUI setup for the 2D client?

"Tug" is lucky he has made so much money off UO. Anyone could write that program.
Have you seen what EA programmers come up with? If they made something like UOAssist it would probably have a hidden spyware program so that they could scan your computer and the first time that thing malfunctioned it would probably eat your computer.

G

galefan2004

Well I have to admit that after I saw this post by this poster the first thought to my mind was what the hell is he complaining about now.

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

UOA isn't even an issue for me... never used it, never cared to pay for what was at one time no different than another cheat program (other than you paid for UOA and the other one was free).

Besides, aside from a few of the more esoteric features in UOA, I'd say that what I'm using does just as well if not better (and is getting better every week).

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i use it for the dress macro, the mouse wheel targeting, potion macros, mount/dismount etc..

i don't see how that destroys UO
Its become a crutch for too many people and a stepping stone for other 3rd party cheat programs such as you mention.