• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anyone else Afraid to Ask for Help?

Nails Warstein

Royal Explorer & Grand Archaeologian Of Sosaria
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Since trying to get loyalty in Trinsic, I've had to click Help, Other, Other to report the coordinates of stuck angry rioters. Sometimes they get moved within 20 minutes, I get sent a message saying "This issue is being investigated". Other times I get a message about an hour later when away from keyboard, and they don't remove them. While the rest of the time I wait hours and hours with no response at all. I'm sincerely afraid I'm racking up negative marks against my account for repetitive help requests. Am I being paranoid, or legitimately concerned?

Why isn't there a better system in place for requesting help? 200 characters sometimes isn't enough. I'd like to see something more like this with some of my examples:

Option 1 - I can't find the answer I'm looking for on the website. (please email me the answer to my question at your earliest convenience)

Option 2 - I need help with the game mechanics (stuck angry protestors, stuck veteran reward, etc)

Option 3 - I want to explain a bug or exploit being used in the game (please don't ban me for helping)

Option 4 - 911 its an emergency, please put me ahead of the queue (my packhorse with everything I own is dead, my house is in danger of collapsing, I think I've been hacked/scammed, etc)

The last option would have consequences (such as banning) if its abused like being used too often crying wolf, false alarm, or harassing the GM unnecessarily.

Now I completely understand that a GM can only do so much, but improving customer service is paramount to any successful business. If you address player problems appropriately and effectively in a timely manner, you'll retain players.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Option 4 - 911 its an emergency, please put me ahead of the queue (my packhorse with everything I own is dead, my house is in danger of collapsing, I think I've been hacked/scammed, etc)
for option 4 here, you should not be paging for some of these things except for the house one, the packy dead is not a GM issue...collect the items off the horses body it's your issue for them being there. For being scammed...well...buyer beware, it's within the game rules and allowed so long as no actual exploits are used. For being hacked, there's nothing a GM can do, you'd need to call support. If you page for non-GM issues it wastes GM time and makes the already terrible wait times and horriffic customer support we get in game that much worse for everyone else with real ingame issues.

Barok

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When paging be as clear and concise as possible.

"Inaccessible Angry Rioter named "such-and-such" at this location. Please delete him/her."

I suspect English isn't the first/primary language of most of the GM's, so if your message isn't clear and to the point they may skip it if they don't understand it.