• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Blacksmithing] Any worth to 120?

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
My smith is within 1 point of hitting 115 cap on Blacksmithing. Is there any really good reason to go to 120 if I can get the scroll? I mean is there better base resist or mods between 115 and 120? He's got GM in Arms Lore.

Sir Osis of Liver

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
No.. It just makes making some of the harder weapons/armor easier. It also adds on the chance to enhance w/o using a tool.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Sir Osis missed one other feature of going to 120.

If you are going to do BODs, you'll want 120 skill, and not just for filling exceptional plate BODs.

Under 110 skill, BODs break down as follows:
50% Weapon BODs
25% Iron Armor BODs
25% Colored Armor BODs

At 110.0 to 119.9 Skill, BODs break down as follows:
50% Weapon BODs
15% Iron Armor BODs
35% Colored Armor BODs

At 120 skill, BODs break down as follows:
50% Weapon BODs
5% Iron Armor BODs
45% Colored Armor BODs

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Thanks! That answers my question. Now ... to see if I have the LBODs for a 120! I have plenty of ingots except valorite. <shrug>