• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any treasure maps in new lands?

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Was just wondering if the new lands spawned T-maps for locations. With unique items you can't get anywhere else in game. Or are they adding locations at a later date. Would be nice to do some Eodon maps.

Faeryl

2011 Winter Deco Contest 1st Place
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I've gotten one map off of the wild tigers, and it's for Ter Mur. I don't think Eodon has treasure locations.

Krinkle

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Would be fun if they did exist and the location was the middle of a village, or maybe an active Dragon Turtle spawn.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I have picked up dozens of maps off stuff in Eodon but they have all been Ter Mur maps and I agree Eodon maps would rock.

The Doctor

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I have picked up dozens of maps off stuff in Eodon but they have all been Ter Mur maps and I agree Eodon maps would rock.
I just hope they have plans for it at some point. Every other facet pretty much has their own maps. It would be nice if they included a special drop for area too.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Doesn't matter.

Treasure Hunting has been nerfed to high hell.

It's absolutely worthless right now spending your time treasure hunting.

I'm seriously pissed off about the state of Treasure Hunting, and very close to closing all my accounts despite the release of Time Of Legends.

I got choice words for @Bleak and @Kyronix regarding the state of treasure hunting....

:mad2:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Doesn't matter.

I'm seriously pissed off about the state of Treasure Hunting, and very close to closing all my accounts despite the release of Time Of Legends.

I got choice words for @Bleak and @Kyronix regarding the state of treasure hunting....

Depends on your point of view I guess. If your sole reason for playing is amassing a bank balance, yes it's worthless. If you actually enjoy digging the chest up, fighting the spawn and opening the chest thinking 'I wonder what's in this one', then it's still fun and I still enjoy it.
I don't play to make gold - my bank balance demonstrates that. I play to have fun.

The Valley of Eodon map is on the same facet05.dds file as Ter Mur, so that will be why the maps are Ter Mur.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Depends on your point of view I guess. If your sole reason for playing is amassing a bank balance, yes it's worthless. If you actually enjoy digging the chest up, fighting the spawn and opening the chest thinking 'I wonder what's in this one', then it's still fun and I still enjoy it.
I don't play to make gold - my bank balance demonstrates that. I play to have fun.

The Valley of Eodon map is on the same facet05.dds file as Ter Mur, so that will be why the maps are Ter Mur.
I enjoy the thrill of finding it and the joy of knowing that I read the map, found the spot and beat the guardians... but that elation is soon replaced by the realization that I just spent all that time digging and fighting for pittance more often than not.

Murdok

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Really? As I have stated in the treasure hunters forum THIS ISN'T THE FIRST TIME T MAPS GOT NERFED! Do yourself and everyone else a favor and stop complaining about it! Find something else to do or QUIT (complaining as well)! We all know maps are junk atm if you are trying to do them to make a living selling the stuff in the chest. Your weekly post isn't doing any good!

/end rant

Slayvite

Crazed Zealot
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That also means to any of you that were hoping, that Castles will never be added to Eodon :p

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Doesn't matter.

Are you *still* whining about this? Man, it's been months. Go outside and play. Come back when you think UO is fun.

But if all you can do is whine about how much you hate playing, then you aren't doing something right. Go bowling, play soccer, craft a beer, make a skydive, read the bible, eat a cookie, volunteer at Star of Hope, clean out your closet, or try to make your own pickle. But whining about a cartoon treasure hunt isn't time well spent.