• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any recommended pets for Rising Tide / High Seas / Osiredon / Leviathan ?

Flight01

Visitor
Any recommended pets for boat content please ?

I have zero experience but I read Stygian Drakes are useful as they teleport to enemy ships ? Is this basic Magery which other pets will copy or is it something to do with their Magery Mastery ?

As an aside I'm reading up on the Abyss to go try find Stygian Drakes and I'm reading about a Shadow Dweller which you can't target. Will regular pets be able to kill this mob or will it need an AE pet such as Phoenix or similar ? Am I right to presume lots of fire based mobs in Abyss and no cold damage mobs to help decide which pet to go exploring there with ?

All advice v much appreciated.

Last edited:

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Any recommended pets for boat content please ?

I have zero experience but I read Stygian Drakes are useful as they teleport to enemy ships ? Is this basic Magery which other pets will copy or is it something to do with their Magery Mastery ?

As an aside I'm reading up on the Abyss to go try find Stygian Drakes and I'm reading about a Shadow Dweller which you can't target. Will regular pets be able to kill this mob or will it need an AE pet such as Phoenix or similar ? Am I right to presume lots of fire based mobs in Abyss and no cold damage mobs to help decide which pet to go exploring there with ?

All advice v much appreciated.
Any pet with Magery Mastery will teleport i use mares or kirin

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For bosses like Osiredon the Scalis Enforcer, Corgul the Soulbinder, Charybdis, or the Leviathan, a 120 Chiv+AI Cu Sidhe or Triton works well for dishing out damage, while being able to tank the damage.
As for Orc Ships, Magery Mastery or Necromage pets will Teleport to their targets frequently. I usually just use a Thrower with an Orc Slayer Soul Glaive to 1 shot the Orcs with AI though. You definitely don't want a pet with Disarm though for the Dread Pirates, otherwise the Dread Pirate becomes a lot harder to kill when Disarmed (their Wrest skill is far higher than their Archery skill).

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Pirates and Beacons. A beetle to Carry the goodies in. An AI/Chiv pet kills dread pirates faster.

For Scalis I made a Triton that can be used for many things.
He can be poisoned.
1701308160166.png 1701308255613.png

For Corgul I made a Triton to Match his Damage.
That's the only encounter this pet would be good for.
1701308440343.png 1701308365444.png
1701308418339.png