• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any pictures from town hall/ Number of attendees?

G

I hope they didn't travel down to Florida just to tell 20 people nothing.

G

I'd say they've been averaging under about 50 folks per meeting. I think the last big one I knew of/attended was the Washington DC where there was over 100.

In any case I like that they make the tour, I think it good PR for those of us that still play. There may not always be great information or answers, but there is information to be gleaned about those that are working on the game.

G

I hate to burst your bubble but maybe one went over 50. The last one in california got less than 20.

G

<blockquote><hr>

I hate to burst your bubble but maybe one went over 50. The last one in california got less than 20.

[/ QUOTE ]

Ummm, what bubble?
I said averaging <u>under 50</u>. I was at DC, I know how many folks were there, I was in NYC last year there was about 25 -30.
I used 50 because I wasn't sure if any got close, and I'm fairly certain not many got over.

Reading comprehension is your friend.

G

Now Se'an, you ought to know better. This is UBawl...MYUO never saw it so bad

<blockquote><hr>

I was at DC

[/ QUOTE ]

You were drunk guy, right? C'mon, admit it!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Now Se'an, you ought to know better. This is UBawl...MYUO never saw it so bad

<blockquote><hr>

I was at DC

[/ QUOTE ]

[/ QUOTE ]

Nay, too long of a drive, now the NYC meetup was a different story. I blame it all on WAKA!

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sean was with me at the NYC meet up as part of the Siege Perilous group. We weren't drinking but we were the loudest group there.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The drinking part was later in the year at the Waka meet up.

G

<blockquote><hr>

The drinking part was later in the year at the Waka meet up.

[/ QUOTE ]

"NEWBIE! NEWBIE! NEWBIE!"

G

Actually we hit ESPN sports ZOne and then some bar on 8th Ave walking to Javits. I think we met you on the walk there right?

G

<blockquote><hr>

Actually we hit ESPN sports ZOne and then some bar on 8th Ave walking to Javits. I think we met you on the walk there right?

[/ QUOTE ]

How could you remember? Didn't you leave your cookies behind the bar?

Man, I gotta party in New York...

K

Kurgan

Do I need to wear 3D glasses to look at that picture, or get really drunk so it comes into focus...

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> Spree, are those the bunnies they handed out?
I so want to see a bunny..... </font>

G

<blockquote><hr>

Reading comprehension is your friend.

[/ QUOTE ]
I luv you for that line alone.

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I didnt go to this one but i have a Shirt from the NY meet up last year. It still is on the back seat of my truck.

Cogniac

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]Ahh, Drunk Guy. And his sidekick, One Pixel Woman. Good times, good times.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Any pictures from town hall/ Number of attendees?
So far ... no

I hope they didn't travel down to Florida just to tell 20 people nothing.
&amp; no pictures ...
right?

The specific townhall in question ... WAS NOT scheduled as a "revelation" event
Though I certainly would be interested in any linkable info to the contrary ...

Hopefully ... when they "do" a townhall nearby me ... It'll be just them and a few of my neighbors(players local to area) ...

OH! the times and events are already PLANNED on this end ...
{<font color=red>warning</font color=red> due to the presence of "p"s in rapid sequence, IN the Following Parened Text: ... Not to be Read Out loud ... possible percussive "p" pronouncements MIGHT result in projectile production ... <font color=red>warning</font color=red> }

(proper prior planning in anticipation of a possible opportunity)

a "good time" will be had by all in attendence ...

might even share some tidbits ... depends ....

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<font color="purple"> too many p's, Fayled... I'm now cleaning off my my monitor </font>

F

Fayled Dhreams

<blockquote><hr>

<font color="purple"> too many p's, Fayled... I'm now cleaning off my my monitor </font>

[/ QUOTE ]
ERK ! sorry sorry sorry SO sorry DevilsOwn ....
your right ...
I should have noted a warning ...
fixed !! ...
again ...
sorry ...

Lord_Puffy

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i see it fine, but i got my beer goggles on and every fatty looks thin!

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
But that is a picture of Yasuo and Sho. You must really have a bad set of beer googles.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Columbus last year was well over 50, as well. There were nearly as many people standing along the walls as there were sitting down, with half the tables having all seats occupied (the ones with empty seats were from the wall-flowers being able to see better from standing position than from those tables.

Jeremy (if you read this MondaY), do you keep track of how many shirts were passed out each TH, and any shortfalls that might have occurred? That's a decent way of estimating attendence, and will typically low-ball the numbers because some people refuse shirts.

Vallend

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think you are right about Columbus. Each of the lower tables may of sat 8 to 10 and all 5 were filled. The second section had 4 to a table along with the third with 4 at a table again. Plus all those hugging the walls. My guess would be Columbus had 60-90 people??
I know I had a nice time in Columbus. I was sad to see they weren't coming back this year again.

Oriana

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was at the California meeting. There were a solid 30 people there.We had some come and go but it was a fair showing.

G

There really should be one in Canada...we'd give out complimentary beavers and toques.

G

WOW!!!! 30 people in the most populated state in the nation. As Darth Vader would say "Impressive".

G

<blockquote><hr>

There really should be one in Canada...we'd give out complimentary beavers and toques.

[/ QUOTE ]

Voluptuous talking about handing out beavers, there is just something about this.....hmmm I think I need to step away from the computer....seriously.

I need an ale!!

G

<blockquote><hr>

WOW!!!! 30 people in the most populated state in the nation. As Darth Vader would say "Impressive".

[/ QUOTE ]

Ahhh and all from a guy that signed up less than a week ago. I smell troll.

Z

Z. V.

I drank a little too much(ok me and two others drank ALOT-1/4 of the table were empty bottles and ****tail glasses) in Columbus...wish it was near me again it was a time! Especially the afterparty, sorry about all the wine at the itailian place Jeremy and Draconi, but we were there on business!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Sean was with me at the NYC meet up as part of the Siege Perilous group. We weren't drinking but we were the loudest group there.

[/ QUOTE ]

i went to the town hall in NY last year too, i remember a lot of noise coming from the siege group lol i won closed beta access to KR and got an ankh key chain

G

Ya, i did a double-think when I typed it...but the other option was polar bears.

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

They need to come to Fort Smith, Arkansas, we will give them a real redneck welcome!

G

Its also one of the top three largest states (continental). I know you dont give a flip about facts though all you have been doing this entire thread is trying to validate why EA/the Devs and UO in general is dieing and how horrible it is now.

G

i didnt go because i didnt want to hear the false promises they been spewing about fixing SP for the past 5 years... talk is cheap... stop wasting time and fix what the players requested..

I

imported_Sarphus

Just because people don't go to a townhall doesn't mean people don't care about or play UO.

I've cared about UO since its release and only ever went to one townhall.

I've never attended a HoC chat that I can remember...

C

Cear Dallben Zog

I just got back from Jacksonville. I'll make a write up when I get the chance. Regardless of who showed up (16-20) It ws friggin awesome. Few people the better, I got to ask tons of questions and talk to the staff more. Probably the greatest moment of my life. UO's future looks good.

Seriously tho I know you all have pics Post em! what about you wispering rose?

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

I just got back from Jacksonville. I'll make a write up when I get the chance. Regardless of who showed up (16-20) It ws friggin awesome. Few people the better, I got to ask tons of questions and talk to the staff more. Probably the greatest moment of my life. UO's future looks good.

Seriously tho I know you all have pics Post em! what about you wispering rose?

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> thank you! and please include bunny pic!!
</font>

L

legs

i took pics...... about 800 of them, but only six were there when i got home. could that be a UO bug that caused them to disappear? or did i have the lens on the camera? oh well.... i will post as soon as i figure out how.....

and the meeting was great..... i went prepared to be somewhat disillusioned because of what has happened to UO in the last year... instead, i found it very encouraging and exciting, and the only promises i remember hearing were that they would look at two items ... i asked if there was possibly a bug somewhere in the random wood program, because the rare woods are nigh impossible to find; and i can't seem to get my blue beetle to carry me and 1600 stones. they promised to check into both items.

lots of questions, lots of time with the UO reps. It was great that it was not crowded. I suggested the SE town meeting be held in Orlando next time. Fighting the Bike Week traffic on 95 by Daytona was somewhat like being ported into Khaldun...

(I forgot to ask why we got purple and pink rabbits so far ahead of easter..... )

G

You people are amazing. I guess If a shark was eating your leg you'd be happy he had a good meal.

I

imported_Cyrah

ha! Well in all fairness no one has said yet what made them so happy. Not really. Maybe they will soon.

G

"Probably the greatest moment of my life."

Please tell me you are just kidding.

G

<blockquote><hr>

You people are amazing. I guess If a shark was eating your leg you'd be happy he had a good meal.

[/ QUOTE ]

Funny I don't see any sharks or actually a downside.
I see an upside. I see a game I've been playing for 10 years STILL being profitable enough for the suits to invest in it.
They invest by going around and talking to those that want to come and speak to them
They invest by moving the team so they are all in one house. And development continues.
They invest by still hiring new designers.

So where's the downside for those like me. I hate leveling. I love freedom of choice.

Are there game issues, sure every game has them.
Enough to make me moan and cry that the sky is falling. No
Enough to make me depressed and miserable. No

It's a game, it entertains me, it supposed to make for a relaxing playtime.

The only time I can see a downside is when I go to log in and there are no servers

Oh well, that ends my weekly visit to UHall. Been fun!

G

I enjoy playing UO, even with bugs and all. The small monthly access fee I pay for my two accounts is well worth it. I get to enjoy a game on my schedule, as much or as little as I chose, with plenty of fun things to do. It's really a pretty inexpensive form of entertainment.

If you aren't having fun, then why would you be paying to play anyway?

F

Fayled Dhreams

heh! yeah ... I know whatcha mean ...

mmmm

maybe its cause his (op's) hopes WERE dashed?

I hope they didn't travel down to Florida just to tell 20 people nothing. (this thread)
They told about 20 people nothing new. (another)

awwww ...

better luck next time ...

Keep hope alive

G

<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

<font color="purple"> Mmmm.... crunchy. </font>

G

*RTLFC*

News item (no photos, but a link to WRRAD's audio recordings of the town hall available on UOForums... for those that missed the live broadcast).

L

legs

Mike -- you need to spend more time in dungeons killing stuff.... work off some of the hostility..

I

imported_Lord Kynd

was there pic's of the last chicago townhall ?
speaking of chicago, can it be possiable to move the townhall meeting away from there since they just raised there sales tax's again and are now highest in nation. ??
try detroit maybe