• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any of the Dev team want to tell me......

G

Why I shouldn't quit UO after 9 years? The game has gotten too gimicky. You have to have an army to complete any of the quests. I play alone or with one or two other people. We don't spend our entire lives figuring out what is the best armor combination to fight a specific monster. We just want to have fun.

Over the years, UO has tried to become more like WoW. Why don't I just give in and go play WoW like all the folks I used to play UO with?

The final straw is Destard. It was the one place I could go play, by myself, and still have a reasonable chance to make some money and get some decent loot. Tamer/Bard didn't last 30 seconds. If you wanted to make dragons more difficult, okay, but when my Lengendary Bard with a slayer weapon misses barding a Drake to a Dragon, what is the sense? I died so fast I didn't even get to see what killed me. My Cu died about 5 seconds after that.

Thanks for all the fun, eh? Dev's keep interfering with the average player while not doing a thing to stop the scripters. Someone please tell me why I shouldn't leave!

G

<blockquote><hr>

Nope they cant. Sounds like you dont like it. So quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a big help. Enough of us quit, then what will you do?

G

<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Nope they cant. Sounds like you dont like it. So quit.

[/ QUOTE ]

You are a big help. Enough of us quit, then what will you do?

[/ QUOTE ]

Keep playing. I make adjustments. Change is good. Never made sense a dragon could be killed solo.

I hope they keep making changes. Im sure there are 100 ways for you to make gold and bard other monsters. Im sure other bards can give you tips.

But if you are really disguisted, WOW is an option. Youre paying your money to play. If it isnt fun, you tell EA by transfering you RL gold.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

The final straw is Destard. It was the one place I could go play, by myself, and still have a reasonable chance to make some money and get some decent loot.

[/ QUOTE ]

First - This game is not meant to be played solo. If you like solo - go play Diablo or something. Why pay a fee to play by yourself?

Second - Destard is as busy as I've ever seen it.

Third - There are TONS of places to go make money and loot? WTF do you need loot for? After 9 years don't you have all the armor you need? With the runic changes - nothing you find on dragons will be worth enhancing or any better than what you can craft with a bronze runic. I don't even LOOK at weapons/armor on critters anymore. If you need jewelry - go to doom, stay a room behind and loot the monsters when the corpses open up. There is godly stuff on those corpses. 3/1 jewels and everything else left behind.

The only drawback for destard is leather gathering. They just made it MUCH tougher to get barbed leather. I wish they would add a few more critters to give barb leather so you aren't forced to go to destard for it.

G

When I originally started playing this game, you could play in groups or by yourself. It has eveolved, and not for the better, into something completely different. The armor and weapons changes have been for the worse in my opinion. All the resists and such detract from the game in my opinion. I liked the simple invulnerability rating better, but that is neither here nor there.

If UO cannot provide a reasonable game play for the single player, as it used to, then you are forced to join in a guild and are subject to what the other members want to do. I tried that once and didn't like being ordered around.

Maybe it is time for me to go. No one seems to care that the ever changing world of UO is far from what brought me to the game in the first place. It is just sad that I would even be considering quitting after all these years. I was just hopiong someone would give me hope that EA hasn't just given up on the solo player.

G

the only think I see that may be a problem is it is hard to find groups.
If you are online at a time when your guildies or friends are nto then its hard to team up with someone. Most people already have their guild, or some friends, or they don't want help.

when I find myself solo, I just do bods or something. makes finding the uber suit much easier when you make it yourself.

G

<blockquote><hr>

When I originally started playing this game, you could play in groups or by yourself. It has eveolved, and not for the better, into something completely different. The armor and weapons changes have been for the worse in my opinion. All the resists and such detract from the game in my opinion. I liked the simple invulnerability rating better, but that is neither here nor there.

If UO cannot provide a reasonable game play for the single player, as it used to, then you are forced to join in a guild and are subject to what the other members want to do. I tried that once and didn't like being ordered around.

Maybe it is time for me to go. No one seems to care that the ever changing world of UO is far from what brought me to the game in the first place. It is just sad that I would even be considering quitting after all these years. I was just hopiong someone would give me hope that EA hasn't just given up on the solo player.

[/ QUOTE ]

I miss the old game too. But its a bit much to say they have given up on the solo player. I cant agree with that. I am solo. Id be more worried you cant find anything satisfying beyond barding in Destard. That tells me they game doesnt hold much for you.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Why I shouldn't quit UO after 9 years?
Someone please tell me why I shouldn't leave!

[/ QUOTE ]

That is a question one can only answer themselves.

I play solo most of the time. That is just my tendency. I have a few friends that I occasionally play with, if we both happen to want to do the same thing at the same time.

I like playing Online(UO) because of the possibilities and ever changing environments. Offline games update maybe once. The argument that some people use that 'UO is an online game and not for solo players' is irrelevant at best. Now if they want to argue that Online games are, for the most part, ever-changing and that if people can't deal with that change THEN a suggestion of playing an Offline game might be somewhat appropriate.

The choice to play or not is solely up to the player.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Keep playing. I make adjustments. Change is good. Never made sense a dragon could be killed solo.

[/ QUOTE ]Yeah, no kidding... and don't forget to let the OP know that soloing everything in WoW isn't possible either.

B

Babble

If you are bored at the moment quit for a bit.

Maybe it gets better some day and can capture you again?

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
<blockquote><hr>

[/ QUOTE ]

Then start your own guild?

I would never belong to a guild where I was 'ordered around'. My guild is a bunch of friends. We invite ppl in that we like to hang out with. The guild leader doesn't instruct anyone to do anything and we just get together in the evenings and do what we think is fun.

Guilds are what you want them to be. No need to join one you don't like.

Last I checked every shard had dozens. They aren't all run like military groups.

Just my .02.

G

Ive been playing this game for close to nine years now, and I havnt had to hunt a monster for gold in seven plus years. . .

I personally think it was great they made dragons harder. I mean in all fantasy based games/books dragons are some of the toughest creatures in existance.

The problem is, all the items and templates have got better over the years, and most of the legacy monsters became to easy to fight. Remember when Elder Gazers were tough? How about Deamons? Dragon sir? YOu see my point. Im sorry you can farm the "hardest" creature in the game and kill it in 10 seconds anymore....god forbid it take you 45 seconds to kill him.

G

I have to say, that while I interact with quite a lot of people in game one way or another, when hunting I'm usually alone. I have lots of places I can hunt happily alone, why are you restricting yourself to Destard?

G

WoW gives you the eye candy, but not much else it can offer that UO doesnt have or exceed in. You wont be playing WoW for 9+ years like people play UO. It gets old after about 2 years. So have your gold stashed, I'm sure youll be back.