• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any News on Europa EM replacements

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Months have gone by since this post was made. What have we heard?.

Surprise! Surprise! With their normal efficient way of keeping their paying customers informed ---------- NOTHING.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Borbarad said at the last event that a new EM was being trained.
And that is not disgraceful? - After months of absolute silence on the matter, if you HAPPENED to go to an event, you MIGHT have heard something second-hand. Which is of course deniable and in no way official. Training for the post of EM is obviously comparable to that of a brain surgeon the time this has, and is, taking.

Odin of Europa

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
And that is not disgraceful? - After months of absolute silence on the matter, if you HAPPENED to go to an event, you MIGHT have heard something second-hand. Which is of course deniable and in no way official. Training for the post of EM is obviously comparable to that of a brain surgeon the time this has, and is, taking.
Communication could be better. A post here would be good - but I doubt that was ever going to happen :(

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Communication could be better. A post here would be good - but I doubt that was ever going to happen :(

Exactly. However there is an official EM forum which we are constantly being advised to call back frequently too, I don't know why cos not a lot happens. Any official information could be posted there. All in all, its just representative of the term Customer Service as far as EA is concerned being a contradiction in terms.

drewster513

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH you should have posted it on the Ask the devs forum may have got a reply there well more chance of a reply there

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
TBH I don't see why I or anyone else should have to post about it anywhere!. Keeping Your customers informed is part of any normal company's operations. We pay for a service and if that is not being supplied we should be told why not and when we might expect that service to be resumed.
Other shards have EMs and when we do not for an extended period of time we are being shortchanged. Our EMS left, fine, these things happen and in the short term one lives with it. When it drags on for months without any information at all, it demonstrates a distinct lack of interest in customer relations on the part of the offending company. I know none of this is new and is not dissimilar to p*****g in the wind, but it grates.

Last edited:

Leto

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
While I agree EA/Mythic should make more of an effort to keep their customers informed; if you want to get things done you have to email Mesanna personally.

Europa has been without their own EM for quite a while now. It was early June when Adris left? So that's about 5 months. Training a new EM is a matter of weeks, not months. I think Mesanna is having trouble finding somebody for the job. So, if any of you think you have what it takes; now is the time to speak up ;)

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I did myself apply for EM, i run small events for Europa do what i can as i don't have the powers of a EM of course and don't have the Rewards a lot of people want, but i have been told by a lot that they Enjoy my events also been told by a lot to apply for EM, but Mesanna seems to think different, and Leto i agree training a EM does not take 5 months, if she is struggling to find a EM i said i would be happy to do it but if she wants to struggle then i guess that's what she wants, Europa needs a EM very soon, people are getting tired of not having there own EM it has been 5months now yes as you said and Europa is Suffering? i know they have a stand in EM, he is very good understands and talks to us about things and runs events, But it is not the same as a EM for Europa, If Mesanna Does read these forums then maybe she will know how much people want there own EM and maybe she needs to find someone asap, Yes i understand that Mesanna doesn't just want Anyone as EM but i have been on Europa for 8 years now, never done anything to upset anyone and always do whats write, i think that's good enough, am i right? but as i say, Europa needs there own EM and SOON! - This was one of my events - http://stratics.com/community/threa...halloween-event-thursday-31st-7pm-gmt.306816/

Last edited:

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So, if any of you think you have what it takes; now is the time to speak up ;)
I applied, and I know at least 3 other people with even better qualifications that did also. None of us heard anything back.

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
I applied, and I know at least 3 other people with even better qualifications that did also. None of us heard anything back.
tbh i dont think she wants anyone from our shard, tbh i think she needs to read these and see people actually want to do something for Europa, but as Leto said, i dont think she has anyone still :/

Morgana of Monglow

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
The NON answer since months is more than clear to me : They don't care about Europa.
They HAD time for invasions. They HAVE time to craft another mount ( Tiger ) and so .
They can't find the time to sort the EM for us, as there are some persons who can EASILY do the job, as they know better Europa and its history than Devs and suchs ? And we all know, Europa CAN have an EM who play on our shard.
It's way easy...you have to use your resources to keep those players to...play. This IF you wanna keep the shard online and to not let players to migrate to another one.
Oh right, does any Governor received what She/He asked ? Yes, also Moonglow has the Governor Office. But I asked for a southern dock. I, still, I don't know why Moonglow don't have it, if it's not possible to place it etc (technical stuff) . I don't know because...nobody told me. And i believe, nobody also told rest of Town Governors about the stuff they asked.

After 15 years of love for this game i'm bored and annoyed.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I don't think people should jump to conclusions. Any number of things could have happened to delay this, as an example - a lack of applicants, a scheduling difficulty with the time difference, illness, or any other cause of unavailability of the candidate (assuming there is one).

It is wrong to blame without information.

I see that too often. Someone's internet goes off line, through no fault of their own and suddenly they're branded a scammer because they failed to complete a trade.

Invasions are made by the engineers and designers. They don't run the EM program
Tigers are made by the artists and the engineers. They don't run the EM program.

Frodo-Europa

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
Petra i understand what your saying of course, but i don't see how hard it is to accept a application for a EM? there has been a few applicants and no one even has a reply? it doesn't hurt just to send a email to say.. Sorry you didn't get EM this time, but maybe next time" the doesn't take a lot just a few emailed maybe 10mins of her day just to say sorry we didn't make it, but yet again we are ignored, and she has time to sort Atlantic and everything for there? But Europa is out the books, i really don't think they care about it as Morgana said, Europa has been without a EM for 5months now, that isn't fair on the players of Europa, i am trying to do things to keep people active and to keep them happy, but i can only do so much... 8years of playing this game and im fed up, if Atlantic lost a EM it would be replaced in a hour.... im sorry to say but Mesanna has to train a EM and Mesanna has to say whether she wants tigers and all that, im not blaming Mesanna at all, she is a lovely woman and i have nothing against her, she is a smart and kind lady, always reply's to me when i ask her something, But i just get upset where Europa has to suffer when there are applicants that have tried to do it, maybe she has a EM? but 5months to find/train one? i applied when EM Adris left which was 5months ago, have heard nothing since.. But who knows, nothing us players can do but keep on and on i guess, we have no power over this situation..

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I really hate to say anything bad bout mesanna and end up throwing her under the proverbial bus as she has been kind and such but...isn't 5 months and no word a bit much? Makes me wonder if Emile and adris knew something we didn't..maybe Mesanna and the devs have given up on Europa? Food for thought

Mesanna

UO Producer | Dark OverLady
VIP
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not given up but it takes time to train someone. As I am sure everyone knows everyone trains at a different rate. Your EM is already ready to be introduced to Europa, he is getting reading to do his shadow event and after that is completed we can get him started on his own shard.

Aragorn

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
funny when I trained a new person to scrub toilets and mop floors it didn't take 5 months...oh u mean the EM being trained erm never mind :gee:

Last edited:

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At last there is light at the end of the tunnel. Thank you for posting Mesanna, as ever, it is the not knowing which irritates and a little information goes a long long way. I hope you are getting more than one salary you seem to be doing more than one job.