• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any News Of EA stopping the special Players?

B

Bent

I,m going to try to say this without getting banned but I have a real question I feel EA has an obligation to answer.

Are they ever going to do anything about the rampant cheaters in UO now?

I have not seen 1 piece of info saying they have even looked into it since they nerfed the punkbuster idea over a year ago.

Yet I still am expected to pay the same price as creative people who dont play by the same ruleset as I do.Yet if I try to copy them I run the risk of being banned ?I really don't understand this?

If no one is being banned please let us all know so we can do the same as every other pvper in fel now .It is very unfair to be expected to pay to watch others cheat and you page a gm and nothing is done to said person you see them the next day doing exact same thing .

If I dont see a official answer form a EA rep regarding this issue I will close my last account I have open in 1 month im tired of EA doing nothing about this huge problem.

If EA wants more people to play the answer is simple ban all cheaters you will lose for a month but I guarantee old players will come back in piles if u FIX UO stop adding deco!!!!!!

HD2300

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I,m going to try to say this without getting banned but I have a real question I feel EA has an obligation to answer.

I have not seen 1 piece of info saying they have even looked into it since they nerfed the punkbuster idea over a year ago.

Yet I still am expected to pay the same price as creative people who dont play by the same ruleset as I do.Yet if I try to copy them I run the risk of being banned ?I really don't understand this?

If no one is being banned please let us all know so we can do the same as every other pvper in fel now .It is very unfair to be expected to pay to watch others cheat and you page a gm and nothing is done to said person you see them the next day doing exact same thing .

If I dont see a official answer form a EA rep regarding this issue I will close my last account I have open in 1 month im tired of EA doing nothing about this huge problem.

If EA wants more people to play the answer is simple ban all cheaters you will lose for a month but I guarantee old players will come back in piles if u FIX UO stop adding deco!!!!!!
It was not profitable to implement punkbuster or even a free alternative, so it wasnt implemented.

M

mr.blackmage

there's just as much scripting going on in trammel. It will always be done until they either ban for it (highly effective, only takes ACTIVE monitoring for it to be a major deterrent to everyone) or prvent people from doing it. This game requires so much repetition and mouse clicks, that really the best option would be to not require as many.

B

Bent

Well the post has been up for a while and no answer from anyone at EA big surprise.

So EA has absolutely no plans to ever fix UO and just allow the special people to play UO however they feel fit.

Is it even legal for EA to allow these type of unmonitored people to allow them to play a game we pay to play when EA knows full well we are not all playing on a level field? (is it fair to have known hackers playing with us and EA knowing this and doing nothing?)

If it is legal it is definately not a good business practice for everyone to pay the same price yet not be able to play the same game due to helpers the morally challenged use.

I cant believe EA would let the best game ever made go down hill this far it must be the end soon cus EA sure dont seem to want to do whats right for UO.

Oh well guess last account closing soon and no you do not get my stuff all goes in a garbage can no beggars please.

D

DuttyD

It would be interesting to know how many people even work for EA in the UO dept.
I quit playing 9 months ago to try out WoW and WAR. I don't know why I came back to UO, because when I play those games I feel like the playing field is well rounded. In WAR there is a curse client witch is very similar to what the scripters use, except its legal.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
QFTW

As for Bent:
Did you really expect someone from EA to answer your question here on the forums? :hahaha:
It seems you didn't learn from all the other threads with people whining about EA/Mythic not stopping scripters and cheaters as effectively as you would desire.

B

Bent

This is a question for Viper then,do you think that EA should do something about the problems?

If so why do you come on here and talk down to me instead of actually doing something about it.

And if not it's because you are probably one that I complain about.

If everyone made it clear that with out any fixing of the UO issues at present we are not happy and will quit if they do nothing about it.Then EA will have to start baning people.

What EA doesnt understand is the handfull of cheaters who won't be able to cope with real UO will be replaced by tons of old players who quit cus of the special people in the first place.By actually banning people they will gain more paying players after they lose the few.Just don't start banning outright give them a week or so to turn off the programs and give each one warning.If you are caught a second time bye bye.

I just find it very hard to believe a company such as EA allows known hackers to play their game and worst of all run the risk of hacking us good people because they were not removed by EA.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well the post has been up for a while and no answer from anyone at EA big surprise.

So EA has absolutely no plans to ever fix UO and just allow the special people to play UO however they feel fit.

Is it even legal for EA to allow these type of unmonitored people to allow them to play a game we pay to play when EA knows full well we are not all playing on a level field? (is it fair to have known hackers playing with us and EA knowing this and doing nothing?)

If it is legal it is definately not a good business practice for everyone to pay the same price yet not be able to play the same game due to helpers the morally challenged use.

I cant believe EA would let the best game ever made go down hill this far it must be the end soon cus EA sure dont seem to want to do whats right for UO.

Oh well guess last account closing soon and no you do not get my stuff all goes in a garbage can no beggars please.
Can I have your stuff?

The Craftsman

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
No. They will never do anything about it. Sure every now and then they bang their drum and ban a few of the major cheats but theyre back soon enough.

Reason they dont eradicate the cheats? ... they cant afford to. UO's subscription base continues to spiral downwards and if they were to eradicate the cheaters, scripers and dupers then they wouldnt have enough paying players left to have a viable game and its bye bye UO. Quite simply the cheats are still in the game because EA is happy to have them (or to be more accurate, their cash).

Instead of complaining about the cheaters you should be thanking them. Without them you wouldnt have a game to play. Get used to it.

MisPrinTed LiEs

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Give me your stuff and dont let the door hit ya where the good lord split ya

ColterDC

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just do what most of the honest players have already done..... QUIT.

The day is coming when all the UO population will consist of is a bunch of unattended bots and a few speedhackers killing each other.

:postcount: