• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any interest in a friendly challening PvM guild?

• Thread starter BadManiac
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
B

BadManiac

After doing the vamp form chiv/bushido dexxer, and a chiv bushido archer and all but one hit killing Shadow wyrms, and many other similar stories, UO is starting to feel a bit worn out.

I've been toying with this idea for some time, but work has kept me from having enough time to try it out until now.
What I wanted to do was create a guild, where runics and arties are stricly off limits. GM crafter gear and craftable arties only. Basically if it's craftable without a runic kit, it's permitted. This should prevent the ultra decked out invulnerable one-hit-kills-anything characters, and make the game more challenging and enjoyable again, without totally restriction ourselves to the most low end gear.

But is there any interest in such a guild? Does anyone want to try it out? Are there already such guilds around? Would anyone be interested in Co-GM'ing the guild and help run semi-regular events?

simonovsk

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You should try Siege for challenge, although I think most of the action there is pvp.

B

BadManiac

<blockquote><hr>

You should try Siege for challenge, although I think most of the action there is pvp.

[/ QUOTE ]No sorry, the siege ruleset is of no interest to me. This is for PvM only.
[edited to prevent thread derailing...]

I

imported_Risso

Have you checked out any of the RP guilds? The Guardsmen Militia I know (I'm a member) occasionally do dungeon runs, if you advance high enough in rank you are able to lead your own group/patrol, which if all goes well can lead to higher ranks and more power!

B

BadManiac

I used to be in the Knights of Virtue for 8 years
, I have been an avid RP'er for many moons, but if I turn up with crafted arties in a Core/Erpa guild, I'm likely to get kicked out rather quickly.
What I'm proposing is less RP and more straight PvM hunts for fun, allowing all the currently craftable equipment, not just GM gear. Something halfway between the pure GM only of RP guilds and full artied out.