• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Tailoring] Any ideas how to make MR3 and 5 HCI studded pieces?

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
HCI 5 will be easy one. Use a spined runic, select Powerful > Grand > Inspired > Slaughter. 4 charges per try so you can get 11 attempts out of each runic. Now, if you wanted MR3 and 5HCI, you would need to burn 2 more charges each attempt and specify from 3 choices which could all end up placing MR on the armor. I would go with Mystic since Arcane and Invigorating both have "Armor Only" mod chances which you do not want here. Note that if you try and up the power with Structural, Fundamental (or both), then you can not select Slaughter.

I just made a studded gorget, with MR3 and HCI 4 just for kicks. The only time I have gotten HCI 5 was when trying for only the HCI. If you can live with HCI 5 and MR2, that would be much easier since you can imbue the MR2, but that is not what you asked.

Good Luck.
-Loren. a.k.a. Armani

Tuan

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Probably be a lot easier to do with a plate gorgot and use a copper hammer...

Arcades

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Thanks for the tests Loren. I bought a pair of leather sleeves with "Arcane and Slaughter" that had 5HCI, 3 MR and 15 kinetic. Figured I would try to make the bone/studded equivalent (for the 55 LMC). After burning a few hundred charges on TC I came to the conclusion its either extremely rare to get both max mods using a spined kit or those sleeves were pre-patch. Ah well...guess ill go MR3 and 4 HCI. But thanks for the efforts.