• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

[Discussion] Any Idea what this is?

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
All I can find is stuff about a book that is titled this way for a scam. So where does the non-scam item come from? Here is a pic of it:

Cigar Box.png

Odin of LS

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ha, I got taken for 100k 12-14 years ago for a book named "a wallet" the guy that scammed me told it it would hold gold with no weight! I was devastated. lol

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I cant get it to open...I figured if it was a book it would Open.

Last edited:

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have tried all kinds of different ways of opening this. All it says is " You cannot use this"

Princess Zora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Hi Jason :)
I remember Bugged Books many Years Ago.
The Bug had 2 possible effects which could occur.
You could open the Book and write Inside but it was stuck at a Random Page Number and Books you could get open the first Time , write inside but then they dont open again like yours.
But i dont remember if the bugged Book gave out a Message or if only nothing happened by clicking.
I cant say for sure if your Book is a Player renamed Bugged Book or an Original GM/Seer Book.
For the Name of the Book i would say its a scam Book too but the can't do it Message of the Book make me Wonder.

Jason-

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
I have tried all kinds of ways to get this damn thing to open....

So is the verdict that it is a bugged book that is also a scam book? If so...that is kind of neat.

Do I have some random bugged unique thing here? Or is it possible that there was an actual Cigar Box item from an event back then that a people tried to replicate by using the books to trick people? That seems like a logical possibility. That people saw a event item and tried to make fake ones to trick people. But it still doesn't explain why it says "You Cannot Use This"

Princess Zora

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
I would Say its a Bugged Unique Rare Thing because you cant make it anymore.
I think the creator did this for fun or for scam and used the Bugged Book to seal it that no one can open it again.
Since the bug is fixed its for me its a odd Rare Item with a nice message when you try to open it.
I send you a PM too for a Little Info ;)

Crazy White Boy

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have tried all kinds of ways to get this damn thing to open....

So is the verdict that it is a bugged book that is also a scam book? If so...that is kind of neat.

Do I have some random bugged unique thing here? Or is it possible that there was an actual Cigar Box item from an event back then that a people tried to replicate by using the books to trick people? That seems like a logical possibility. That people saw a event item and tried to make fake ones to trick people. But it still doesn't explain why it says "You Cannot Use This"
Copy (inscribe) the book and see what the new book says within?