• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any guilds doing champ spawns?

R

rollend

I have resently returned to the game after over a 3 year break. I am amazed the lack of activity in the champ spawn area in fell, expecally with the new pink scrolls out. I have seen a few small groups of reds 2-3 at a time but no guilds with a good # of people doing spawns. Does this even exist anymore? I am easy pickens down there seeing I rolled a new toon to take to fell and my skills/armor/keyboard isnt totally set up yet but even as weak as I am I have been able to farm quite a # of pink scrolls. Are there any guilds blue or red that are active in the champ spawns? I always loved doing them and would love to get back into them on a steady basis.

D

DetrickSky

I am gone after about 3 years, and there really is little activity on this shard at champ spawns. People I talk to say that the population comes and goes here. A small group of friends might start doing some champ spawns.

R

rollend

anyone not want to talk out in the open here fell free to ICQ me @ 565-412-305.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am gone after about 3 years, and there really is little activity on this shard at champ spawns. People I talk to say that the population comes and goes here. A small group of friends might start doing some champ spawns.
I can assure you that many spawns are done.

As you are very well aware, Champ Spawns on our shard have always been a highly competitive thing. Once upon a time, that competition expressed itself on a grand, epic levels, as would-be dominant red guilds fought it out among each other, and smaller guilds fought it out with them on occasion.

That has changed, however. These days the fighting is on a much smaller scale. Think street gangs fighting each other for a few blocks, as opposed to massive competing Camorra families fighting it out for control of entire cities. And now, as then, non-red guilds are occasionally seen fighting for a piece of the pie as well.

Also, a revival of Faction activity has caused the actual political control of Felucca to be more important. Controlling cities is the only way to get Faction Artifacts and the consumable items available to Faction players. These items are, of course, of use in other aspects of the game as well, thus making an incentive for folks who don't actually care about political control of Felucca to have a stake in it and fight for it anyway.

If anything, champ spawn activity is up from 6 months to 1 year ago, due to the pink scrolls and the Champ Spawn Artifacts. Is it what it was when UOF, TC, and the Grand Alliance would have massive 3-way fights? No it wasn't. Whether or not those days are worth missing is a matter for opinion, and debate.

And hey, rollend, original poster....are you the guy that's in the same guild I am?

-Galen's player

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
And every once in a while, an old timer pokes his head in to see if any memories of the Grand Alliance remain.

After all those years of fighting, I never did get that +20 Swords scroll I sought.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And every once in a while, an old timer pokes his head in to see if any memories of the Grand Alliance remain.

After all those years of fighting, I never did get that +20 Swords scroll I sought.
I forget things now and again, but I try my best not to.

The good and the bad.....Galen and I try to remember both equally.

You didn't have to get the scroll from a spawn you know. 'Could have bought one with the money from some of the other things we did.

Playing again?

-Galen's player

Dizzy

Lore Master
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
Not really playing, maybe a dozen hours in the last year.

I never got one of the coveted 20's to sell for max millions, so I never gained enough money to buy one, either. C'est la vie. Eventually I gave up, occasionally hope to stumble upon one laying on the floor of a bank.

I didn't play enough to participate in the spring cleanup, so I still have all sorts of bells and 6th year presents and stuff. I don't play enough to run a vendor, and I suspect they're not worth much, anyway. Some stuff, like the mini-house deed for a castle, is worth more, but it's hard to sell.

I'd love an online auction, where you could drop your stuff off at an auction house for a week to see if it sold. Then you'd know for sure if it was worthless enough to throw away.