• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any good taming places other than Savage village

• Thread starter LiberatingLuT
  • Start date
  • Watchers 1
L

LiberatingLuT

Any good taming places other than Savage village? I'm at 101 animal taming. I notice that that the savage village area isn't as good anymore, after I time the ridgebacks sometimes before I am able to release them, a savage will attack them and it makes me lose the savage paint.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What's your taming skill without jewelry? You might be able to get by with taming something else, e.g., gamans, polar bears, snow leapords, or white wolves, while not wearing any jewelry. Also, taming ki-rins or unicorns and turning them in to the zoo might work for you. Or you can tame a ki-rin or unicorn, release it, tame the next one that spawns and use it to kill the one you released and keep the spawn going plus gather horned leather and gold. (You don't lose karma killing a ki-rin or unicorn that you've tamed and released.)

L

LiberatingLuT

Without jewelry my taming is 101, lore is 100. I'm hoping there is a similar spot like the savage village, so I can tame them, kill them and they respawn quickly.

A

Amgedpha

Have to tried the pond area instead? It's nearby the Savage Village, just north of it I think. There are more ridgebacks there, but also dire wolves and a few stray savages, which shouldn't be a big problem.

It's kind of weird how you lose the paint. I never had that problem before--then again, the last time I really trained there was years ago. Those ridgebacks aren't guarding you, are they? *shrugs* I guess something changed.

L

LiberatingLuT

Yeah, I trained there a long time ago and I never had this problem. So they definitely changed something.

I'll try the pond area.

Thanks.

Hinotori

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
After last patch, pet's turn green (if guilded) and flag as under your control upon taming. Before when they stayed blue and not flagged as controlled, you could just tame them and let the savages kill them.

Not sure why they changed it or if it was unintentional.

B

big_aug

I'm at 103 natural taming and 110 lore. I wear jewelery that takes me to 115tame/115 lore, and I've been getting decent gains on cu's. I've been wanting a black or white one, so I just tame them and then kill them off on each other or a paragon. I usually get a couple gains each time I go.

U

uoBuoY

I'm 106.8 Taming and I don't wear jewels.

I get regular gains from the bull pen in North (I think) Jhelom. There are 3 Bulls in there that almost insta-spawn.

Another good area is the Kitsuny Woods (Homare-jima) along the path through the houses. Dozens of Gaman spawn and there's nothing that will attack you as long as you don't wander into the forests.

For me, both of these locations are ideal for taming because:
1 - I can recall in
2 - Creatures always available
3 - Next tame is less than a screen away (don't waste time searching)
4 - No aggressive creatures (more time focussed on taming)
5 - You get more leather than you can use!

Here's something fun to try at the Kitsuny Woods to break the boredom! I ride a Mare so I tame 3 Gaman. Then have them attack a Tsuki Wolf or a Bake Kitsuni. Crazy Vet gains! Some gold but mostly relief from Taming Tedium.

This is a great Taming Training calculator: http://www.tamingarchive.com/main/whattotame.php

ZippyTwitch

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Try Unicorns. They are good up to 115 atleast. After to tame them you can either turn them into the zoo for points or kill them. You wont lose karma from killing one if it was tamed then released. Only lose karma if you kill it before its ever tamed.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I trained there a long time ago and I never had this problem. So they definitely changed something.

I'll try the pond area.

Thanks.
Unless it is a recent change, I took my second tamer to his current cap on the Ridgbacks around the ponds. I take a killer with me though, a CU is just fine, but a Bake was just as good and a Nightmare is just as good. Most of the time (as in 90%) I never saw anything aggressive near the pond and never ran out of Ridgebacks. I just tamed, released and had the Killer kill them.