• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any changes to Travesty for tamers?

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Had been away for a little while and decided to do a Trav yesterday. Had to keep spamming all kill to pets even though I had the initial true Travesty health bar pulled up and had pets 'all follow' on it.

That did not used to be an issue, especially when casting Wildfire to kill off her mirrors. I vaguely remember them talking about possibly making changes to her in order to combat the 'carpet trick' but can't seem to find any info on any changes made to her in the last year and a half or so.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It happens. They added a lot of abilities to her so she may decide to use some more than others.

Its usually not very often but you do have to send pets back on her.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Nah, no peacing, I learned the hard way a long time ago not to take a bard in there lol.. all are mage/sw/tamers. But on that run I was trying carpet trick so she had not changed into anything other than herself. Since that run I just gave up on the carpet deal, ran around letting her change, pets stayed targeted on her.. I guess they have it to where somehow the pets quit attacking after the tamer is invised for X amount of time or something.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
She also seems to like tracking onto the tamer who has comsume running occasionally. Was a nice feature. Made the fight interesting.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She also seems to like tracking onto the tamer who has comsume running occasionally. Was a nice feature. Made the fight interesting.
I don't know if that's really what they do, but other peerless seem to do that also. We have a player that leaves it on all the time and that's who dies first.

PlayerSkillFTW

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
For Travesty, i like to use my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © in a group. I sick my 120 Disco+CB Triton on her while having him Guard me (which keeps him on her when Death Ray ticks), and i wait for her to transform into me in Wraith Form. I then start channeling Death Ray on her with a Undead Slayer spellbook equipped, which doubles the damage. So long as i initiate the Death Ray while she's in Wraith Form, it'll continue dealing double damage, even when she transforms into someone else. My Triton will keep her Discoed (only real way to Disco her is with a pet, since a Disco player is a huge no-no at Travesty) and under Conductive Blast, so the other Mages tend to use Chain Lightning to destroy her Mirror Images and damage her.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
I don't know if that's really what they do, but other peerless seem to do that also. We have a player that leaves it on all the time and that's who dies first.
The way I was running it I had the char that was running consume on the tank pet set as far away as possible but still work (this character varied depending on which pet Trav had switched aggro to). Then had the two 'healers' one or two steps in front of him so gheal, wildfire for mirrors, could reach in case it was needed. Trav would bypass the two closer (and casting) characters to go directly to which ever one was running the consume.

If not intended it is a heck of coincidence, that's for sure.

For Travesty, i like to use my Death Ray Tamer/Mage © in a group. I sick my 120 Disco+CB Triton on her while having him Guard me (which keeps him on her when Death Ray ticks), and i wait for her to transform into me in Wraith Form. I then start channeling Death Ray on her with a Undead Slayer spellbook equipped, which doubles the damage. So long as i initiate the Death Ray while she's in Wraith Form, it'll continue dealing double damage, even when she transforms into someone else. My Triton will keep her Discoed (only real way to Disco her is with a pet, since a Disco player is a huge no-no at Travesty) and under Conductive Blast, so the other Mages tend to use Chain Lightning to destroy her Mirror Images and damage her.
Sounds like an effective strategy.. but these day I play 'lazy man's UO' when it comes to peerless. I try to get in and out with the least amount of movement possible lol. Kind of have to seeing as how I am typically running all three accounts at one time.

Kylie Kinslayer

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Awards
Have done more testing on this.

It seems to combat the 'carpet trick' they instituted a deal where pets only attack once or twice until someone triggers Trav's change deal. Once Trav changes into someone else the pets attack freely from that point on without having to constantly being told to.