• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any change in BOD turn-ins?

• Thread starter imported_Mark Trail
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
I

imported_Mark Trail

At one point there was talk of getting +10% chance at exceptional at GM tailor, 25% at elder, 40% at legendary. Right now we have only the 10% at GM. Looks like no change for exceptional made it into this publish the way I read the patch notes. Only the smith bods got a better chance for colored.

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Tailors really don't NEED an improved chance.

I did some math a year or two ago, that showed that about 1 in 9 small Tailor BODs (by type, not by drop chance) go toward a Barbed kit large. Compare that to SIX Smith BODs out of about 1700 (roughly 1 in 300), and that's BEFORE factoring in the individual color chances

A. 1 Large Valorite BOD its 6 smalls, with a less than 1% chance of that color dropping, plus four roughly 50/50 chances for it being a weapon BOD, then a non-combinable armor BOD, then some other type of combinable armor, then normal instead of exceptional - or about 1 chance in 1600 to 2000 to actually GET a single BOD for the Val hammer, depending on the actual "weight" given to Valorite BODs in the randomization process.

B. Tailors have 96 armor BOD larges - of those EIGHTEEN produce Barbed kits, starting with TWO spined leather larges, SIX horned larges, and 10 Barbed larges - that's a 3/16 chance for the large, if a large armor BOD selected. The smalls have a similar ratio, of 106 out of 528 tailor armor smalls. The only thing keeping Barbed kits worth more than 2 million gold, is that you have a 50% chance of getting the 60 (soon to be 78, when the colored footwear larges start occuring again) cloth or footwear larges, or their 216 corresponding smalls (counting the colored footwear).

No wonder the smiths have bitched so much over the years - 2 of the Barbed kit Larges are about as common as Shadow Plate Large BODs (which yield at best a 120 PS), and six more are about as common as Bronze Plate Large BODs (which give a Gold Hammer, roughly equivalent to a Horned RSK).

I average 1 small to fit a BRSK Large every 20 tailor BODs, and a large BOD for one about every 250-300. I've gotten ZERO Valorite Hammer BODs (small or large) in 5 years of playing, doing 3 times as many smith BODs as tailor. In fact, I've gotten THREE Valorite BODs of any type in 5 years, 2 being non-combinables, and the 3rd being a Ex 20 RINGMAIL LBOD that has an ASH+30 as a reward.

They should have never had more than 3 or 4 colored metal types; the increased chance for the smiths is at best an attempt at a balance pass, and it will still fall WAY short.

G

I don't have problems with the smalls, but sheesh the last maybe 200-300 bods I've turned in the best large I've gotten was a spined runic (2 total). I don't expect to get large barbed all the time, but the occasional horned or CBD large would be nice. At least with the large foorwear bods being added theres two more larges for CBD's and another large for horned runics.

Rey~

G

I did about 150 tailor bod's yesterday and got my first barbed kit. This is the first time I've even done tailor bod's. I recently came into a bunch from an IDOC so now I have a good base to work with.