• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any chance of getting a list of event rares that have been duped?

B

Bill420

I was curious if anyone could post a list of the event rares that have been duped, the main reason being i think alot of people would prefer to purchase rares which are known to be limited. I'm hesitant to buy those which have been duped incase someone is hoarding them. If you know of any event rares which have been duped and wouldn't mind posting that would be great!

S

Soam414

it'd be easier to post a list of those who haven't been duped
just about everything has been duped.

B

Bill420

lol, thats true, either would work. Whatever people would find to be easier!

Tomas_Bryce

Rares Collector Extraordinaire | Rares Fest Host
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

it'd be easier to post a list of those who haven't been duped
just about everything has been duped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Care to substantiate that claim?

S

Soam414

it's not a claim, it's common knowledge. and it's something that would be pretty hard to substantiate if your asking for a UO Rare Site Survey
but if you ask any knowledgeable collector they will tell you it'd be easier to make a list of things that were not duped then things that were.

I

imported_gwen_alcestis

Actually, I don't believe that is true... There are so many event items that nobody would ever care to dupe, cause they're simply not worth it. I don't think you can assume that because the items we all know best (cause they're usefull in combat or extremely pretty) have been duped, over 50% of all rares and event items has been. A fair amount of items has always been in the hands of non-cheaters one may hope?

Ryna

Sage
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which basically sums up to be: If it was worth enough money, it was duped.

The terrible thing about dupers is that they have the cash to offer far, far more than the item is worth to get what they want.

The things you know were safe are the on of a kind items from collectors who refused to sell (or even display). However, as these collectors quit and sell off their goods, there's always the chance of the items falling into the wrong hands.

Honestly, there's no way to tell what or what hasn't been duped. Use your best judgment, do some research, use the search engine to look at posts in the past to see if there's a trend.. that kinda thing and you'll probably be ok.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

it's not a claim, it's common knowledge. and it's something that would be pretty hard to substantiate if your asking for a UO Rare Site Survey
but if you ask any knowledgeable collector they will tell you it'd be easier to make a list of things that were not duped then things that were.

[/ QUOTE ]

I am a collector and I am fairly knowledgeable too. And I say your claim is false.

A lot of items have not been duped till now because
a) dupers did not know they existed;
b) dupers did not know who had them;
c) dupers could not get the owner to cooperate;
d) dupers did not care to dupe them.

Quite frankly, only a small percentage of event items have been duped, unlike server birth rares.

G

I think what we need to remember as well is that just b/c an item has been duped doesn't mean it's no longer considered rare. Yes something along the lines of a Good Samaritan Robe once existed in single digits, and now most likely exists in low double digits. Does it going from being 3-4 to 15 mean that its no longer rare? Yes the worth has decreased bc the quantity is no longer so low, but that doesnt change the fact that the quantity is still very limited.

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It is not a question of whether or not they are considered rare but if they were duped ever. I am saying (far) less than 50% of the items in the event items list by Manticore has been duped at any given time.

S

Soam414

yeah your probably right, a lot of the event items probably went unduped because they weren't worth duping.

B

Bill420

The main thing I was getting at, if we could all try to figure out which event rares have been duped and simply post them, people would have a list to refer to. Im not asking people to go do all the research, just if you have before and know an event rare has been duped post it. Any help would be appreciated!

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

yeah your probably right, a lot of the event items probably went unduped because they weren't worth duping.

[/ QUOTE ]

Sheesh, you seem to suffer from a heavy dose of cynicism, although justifiable given UO's history. Almost all event items are worth duping. However, even Manticore does not know where all the rares are. A normal duper is going to have exponentially less knowledge of their whereabouts. This is probably the biggest thing that guards lot of the rares, along with honest collectors. This also means that scores of nice and valuable event rares were never duped.

<blockquote><hr>

The main thing I was getting at, if we could all try to figure out which event rares have been duped and simply post them, people would have a list to refer to. Im not asking people to go do all the research, just if you have before and know an event rare has been duped post it. Any help would be appreciated!

[/ QUOTE ]

The forum, I believe, tends to frown on that practice as often it is a fine line between speculation and knowing for sure. Also, like Aspen said duping does not always hurt the value of the item by much.

M

mdacc#one

Tomas was being generous when he quoted less than 50% have been dupped. I would have stated less than 10% have been dupped. Just counting the event items alone there are almost 800 items. 10% makes it around 80 items (Event Items) and I think that's even generous. There are total of 200-300 server births items and over 300+ old seer items.

All the posters were correct in that duppers went after things that were worth dupping. But that doesn't make it less desirable. Necro shroud still commanding 150-200 mil. Vine Cords still selling 500 mil+.

There use to be a list of suspected dupped items that I've made and that was counting both event items, seer items and server births and total number was less than 80. Did I catch them all? Probably not, but was I close? Probably so. At it's peak, you could identify the items on the vendors they sold on. When the mass ban came you can bet 95% of these accounts were banned along wiht the items.

Now if you really must know which items these were the items I can think back on:
Royal Guard Survivial Knife - still selling at 300-350 mil
Necromancy Shroud - still worth 150-200 mil
Good Samartian Robe - still worth 100-125 mil
Shroud of Deceit - still selling at 150 mil
Vine cord Sandles - still selling at 700 mil
Shroud of ari - still selling at 500 mil +
Orc long bow - sold by Gencore at 38 mil
Dijini ring - still selling at 150 mil
Gargyole city weapons (Pacify, Quell, Subdue, Calm) - still selling at 100 mil each
Oblivian needle - still selling at 75 mil
Verticle large splat of blood - still selling at 75 mil
Shroud of Talkeesh - last sold at 450 mil
Oak Leaf Shroud - last sold at 300 mil
Wind Spirit - last sold at 500 mil
Gauntlets of anger - still selling at 100-125 mil
Keetle of caramel - still selling at 75-100 mil
Fang of Ractus - last sold at 50 mil
Glowing slime - still selling at 75-100 mil
sheet music
covered chair
open books
vases large and small
two story statues
marble tables
marble benches
sandstone tables
singing balls
three face statues
boulders at least 3-4 types
wall carvings
book of sabartus
plough both sides
playing cards (few forms)

Tomas_Bryce

Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

Tomas was being generous when he quoted less than 50% have been dupped. I would have stated less than 10% have been dupped.

[/ QUOTE ]

Oh, I agree with you completely. However, it was easier to prove my case by stating 50% heh.