• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any chance Bard Mastery spells will work WITHOUT being removed once your hit?

Z

Zero Day

Try a Mystic Peacer with the following
120 Mystic
120 Focus
120 PEace
120 Music
120 Wrestling
120 Meditation

Run Both Masteries, and Heal with cleansing winds. You should be able to keep your guys alive against serious pushes if your group executes their fields/Aoe properly. You could also Run both Provo Masteries but then you'd be using cleansing winds as needed rather than spamming it heedlessly.

You can also do the above and swap out Mage/Eval for Myst and Wrestling, then swap out Peace for Discord.
Stick on a Mage weapon, and Despair/Tribulation/Flame strike in any gank till your mana runs out.

In all these cases you are still retaining all the capabilities of a Mage or Mystic which is where you will be pulling your damage output from.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you heal though by just using cleansing wind with say an archer chasing after you? (melee dexer I suppose invigorate is enough). I mean how do you get a cleansing wind off when your being focus targeted without having protection spell?

I do like the idea of spamming cleanse wind and using Invigorate to keep people up and I can see that actually working on the bridge or island in despise.. But what happens if someone gets by or your not in despise and say its open field where cleanse casts so slow so its so easily interupted unless u have protection up?

Would I just run then in that case (if I get focus fired in open field)? Cause going the mystic route i woudlnt have a combat skill or resist. Could that work? I mean it sounds interesting, I havent tried mystic with cleanse cause I was always worried the cleanse would be to slow and id get fizzled to often lol

EDIT: I was just thinking... Maybe I could drop the med down to 60 and put the other 60 into magery so I could USE protection? Would that work or would that be a waste u think ? (so that i could use protection to spam cleanse wind) I mean on the other hand if im on the island i wont need to be in protection cause ill be behind the guys pushing forward and need to heal as fast as possible.... For open field tho like yew gate i think maybe dropping meditation for RESIST would be better? Not sure though. I mean i dont know man god this is tough call...

120 resist for like fel yew moongate cause otherwise i think ull be para bait but then i dont know man.. im such a rambler... Ill have to try it when i get home (mystic 2x bard with meditation). That meditation and focus should give me enough maan to keep people up

What about this though, Necro, mystic, bard? Drop meditation and pickup Necromancy, go lich form for the mana and use a WISP?

Z

Zero Day

Thats what the 120 Wrestling is for. My bards run suits with 60 DCI, 120 wrestling 4/6 FC/FCR.
As a mystic I dont need to stop to heal since I have a healing stone. If its 1v1 I just disarm the dexer.
Typically I don't get hit that often and if my abilities get interrupted, I fall back to my survival skills.

If you are at full health and have invigorate running, the bonus to your max hp, act as a buffer so the damage you took which interrupted the hit drops you pretty close to what your max HP is naturally, so its almost as if you didnt get hit.

If you are running preservance then alot of that damage is just plain negated. (Especially in the case of hit spell effects)

If you are a disco bard then hit them with Tribulation, to lower their hit chance so you dont keep getting hit.

The FC4 is important because it makes the bard mastery abilities cast more like low circle mage spells.

Overall as the bard you are more of a supporting role so you can add a flame stirke/spell plague or whatever on targets your guys are already engaging, or be tossing them heals. If you are running out into the thick trying to dish out tonnes of damage and get kills, then a bard is not the best template choice for that playstyle.

Z

Zero Day

Carry a trapped box. Its a must.

Dont foget all your tools, Potions/Apples/Petals etc.
I haven't tried a bard template without meditation. But typically its a 2x Bard + Casting(2Skills) + Weapon Skill + Meditation
Magery being the exception because you can use a mageweapon to free up enough space to add resist or something else.