• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any chance Bard Mastery spells will work WITHOUT being removed once your hit?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying out a 4x bard template just to see how effective the mastery spells actually were. Needless to say, I gave up on the idea after I found out that they're only good if used on other people (or if your not the one being hit). With the high mana requirement for say despair and tribulation, or any of the others for that matter. Once you activate the mastery it periodically uses mana and that's fine but it sucks that the spell is removed as soon as you take damage or get hit. Even despair and tribulation are removed when you take damage and that affects another target, not the player.

Another problem is i've noticed that when you left click the bard mastery book you can't switch between masteries every 10 seconds, you cant even do it every 20 seconds... It had to of been about 5 minutes before I could switch to the other mastery to use.

A suggestion would be to also allow players to mix masteries... They should be able to use say Despair with Perserverence or Tribulation with Resilience. Especially if the person is spending 4x 120 skill points to become a full fledged bard and has the ability to use disco, peace, or provoke at any given time but not mix match the mastery spells? (doesn't maky any sense). Despair also needs to last longer cause from a pvp perspective, on a player with 120 resist it only ticks for about 3-4 times and it's gone, and against a player in all 70s it only does like 11-12 damage per tick as a 4x bard. Now that may sound like a lot of damage (33-48), but seeing as how despair falls off once you take damage it doesn't always even last that long. Not to mention the mana you burn through so quickly because it's so expensive just to re cast the spell.

On a 2x bard despair ticks for like 7 every 2 seconds, and yes the mana is the SAME (NOT LESS) then what a full fledged bard has to spend, and it falls off just the same when used...

In PvM despair damage seems to hit pretty hard. In PvP however the whole fact that these spells can be interupted, where as for example "PROTECTION" or "BLESS" (mage spells) can't get interupted. Those spells are cast and can benefit the caster but when taken damage they don't fall off like a bards mastery spells do when taking damage. It doesn't really make sense imo.

kelmo

Old and in the way
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Dread Lord
I am curious. Why do you believe this post is more relevant today that when you posted it last week and received zero responses?

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
coming from a moderator, peachy :)

Any CONSTRUCTIVE feedback regarding the thread, please feel free to post. Otherwise move on plz.

Phangs_of_Phage

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Its fine as is. Mage spells can get interupted/purged. I know your a spellweaving mystic that runs protection spamming spellplauge and pixies so you probably dont understand alot of the dynamics of the game. Its all about crowd management. And a mastery is just that. You shouldnt be able to use all the dif masteries at any time. Pick and choose carefully. Just like the focused aspect of casters in pvp. Cant be 40 sdi in weaving necro and magery.

Z

Zero Day

Responded to the interrupt issue in the Bard thread.

Masteries can be switched by book Every 10 Minutes. ( not seconds)

Bards can only use one mastery at a time. However each additional bard skill GM or greater reduces the upkeep cost by 1.
So a 4x GM bard would get a -2 upkeep cost to all his mastery abilities. (thats 2/3 upkeep cost for peace/provo and 8/10 for disco)

A 4x Legendary Bard's masteries are also about 20-30% more effective than a 2x Legendary bard.

Despair from a 2x Bard does a base of 36 Damage pre-resist every 2 seconds from a 4x it does 60. This can be reduced by the targets resist spells by up to 12 Pre-resist.
Despair can drop a targets strength by up to 22.

Tribulation from a 2x bard gives a 36% bonus damage tick, (reduced by up to 12% from target's resist spells) a 4x Bard geta a 50% bonus damage tick(pre magic resist spells).

Buffs like Bless,and protection can be purged and provide a narrow and specific funcional benefit.
Bard buffs are non-purgeable, provide stacking benefits and extend to the party.
Bard debufffs are non-purgeable, provide stacking debuff effects and are passive after initiation. (Fire and forget)

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its fine as is. Mage spells can get interupted/purged. I know your a spellweaving mystic that runs protection spamming spellplauge and pixies so you probably dont understand alot of the dynamics of the game. Its all about crowd management. And a mastery is just that. You shouldnt be able to use all the dif masteries at any time. Pick and choose carefully. Just like the focused aspect of casters in pvp. Cant be 40 sdi in weaving necro and magery.
holy **** how long did it take u to come up with all that? "spellweaving mystic protection spamming spell plague with pixies". I don't know where to begin, you are so far off from the truth. Do you really need me to post my template yet again on these forums? First of all I don't even HAVE mysticism, and dont even USE protection LOL.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What id like to see though Zero is some more versatility in UO then the normal everyday crap. Nobody I see ever runs bard masteries and it'd be an interesting concept to have in pvp. The spells though like you said benefit the party more then the actual bard themselves because they get interupted and removed so easily. Such a pitty to. Other then that another unused skill would be hearding. I know hearding obviously coudlnt be used but seriously, would like it to be used for SOMETHING. hearding monster NPCs may be over powred but damn acn u imagine someone hearding all the rat men, all the hell hounds onto the island in despise... Would make oen interesting and hell of a fight.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Herding can be very useful - try herding all the dragons in Destard to the entrance? or to the top of the slope to level 2? I've herded unicorns and kirin from left over Oaks spawn to Fire LL entrance and Delucia. Heck of a surprise for a red doing a champ spot circuit.

Z

Zero Day

I PvP on my bard. Its fun and frankly quite hilarious.
I think bard interrupts are necessary in PvP. However, what I'd like is if they had a chance to interrupt similar to PvM so that the interrupts weren't guaranteed.

I also think that Magic Resist vs the Disco masteries should only affect the chance to dispel the effects rather than lower the effects AND give a chance to dispel.

Those two things alone would really empower my bard to be much more offensive.
I do like the separation of masteries, but I think they need to add a few more abilities, so that peace/provo have offensive capabilities, and disco have some defensive capabilities.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Herding can be very useful - try herding all the dragons in Destard to the entrance? or to the top of the slope to level 2? I've herded unicorns and kirin from left over Oaks spawn to Fire LL entrance and Delucia. Heck of a surprise for a red doing a champ spot circuit.
yes but would be cool if the herded NPCs FOLLOWED you through gates, or even OUT of destard. Make it interesting! Herding to the entrance of the dungeon and then what... If they could FOLLOW you however through gates or the sparkles it would be cool. It would make things interesting.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
How do you do it though Zero? I assume you use 2x bard if you pvp on him rather then 4x. Do you use the invigorate, resilience or the despair tribulation route? Better yet whats your template lol? I can't imagine relying on despair and tribulation to really do most of the damage. As is on a 120 resist 70s toon which is pretty much everyone in fel anymore it only ticks for like 14 every 2 secs on a 4X Bard and wears off after like 3 times (gets resisted and wears off). It doesnt make any sense that this should even get RESISTED. If you TRY and apply it the first time to the target then I can understand "oh crap, it got resisted" but once its already APPLIED then the onyl way it should be removed is if 1. You run out of mana, or 2. You lose line of sight (person runs off screen). It should NOT be resisted once its already cast on the target, that makes no sense. It happened so now your going to resist it even though its already applied?

When people hit you with infectious strike and your dpd, that doesn't even have as high of a chance of RESISTING poison then DESPAIR does in pvp, and they are practically applied the same way. Infectious strike DPs your target and so its already applied, you wouldnt expect the target to resist it a few seconds later. Despair however, is resisted after having already applied it and thats what I dont understand.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
huh... hmm..... I just re-read your post petra... Can you actually heard say 20 dragons FROM destard to maybe third level despise or even YEW GATE (just for fun)?

Like, say your guilds doint a raid in despise... You have a hearder in the guild thats role is specifically to heard crap. hearding all of it into despise woudlnt only affect the enemy but itd be hard on ur guild as well but make things interesting as crap. Maybe even allowing people to heard monsters? Or creating a skill that does heard monster NPCs instead of JUST tameables?

EDIT: You know what... If they don't change the way bard mastery spells get interupted then by atleast allowing the spells to benefit party members if the bard is HID (or stealthing) would maybe make bards a more useful support class in say raids or group pvp situations.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. What you're suggesting leads to lots and lots of griefing. But I've herded left over Oaks and Rikktor spawn all over lost lands.
I never did it to grief though, I never left more than a couple in any spot. First time I took unicorns to Delucia I invited a friend to come see my surprise. 'Don't come on your red' I told him - he did anyway, came out of the tunnel and was immediately zapped by 2 unicorns, hasty retreat followed by an icq message 'hahahaha'.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Nope. What you're suggesting leads to lots and lots of griefing. But I've herded left over Oaks and Rikktor spawn all over lost lands.
I never did it to grief though, I never left more than a couple in any spot. First time I took unicorns to Delucia I invited a friend to come see my surprise. 'Don't come on your red' I told him - he did anyway, came out of the tunnel and was immediately zapped by 2 unicorns, hasty retreat followed by an icq message 'hahahaha'.
What do you think about this?

"If they don't change the way bard mastery spells get interupted then by atleast allowing the spells to benefit party members if the bard is HID (or stealthing) would maybe make bards a more useful support class in say raids or group pvp situations."

Z

Zero Day

Templates in bard forum.

But I run a 2x bard and a 3x bard. My 2x is Provo , my 3x is Peace/Disco

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You know what, here is another question to think about:

If a player is in PROTECTION (cant be interupted when casting spells) then shouldnt bard mastery spells never fall off? I mean resisted yeah but it woudln't make much sense to ever get the "Spell was interupted" affect if you were in PROTECTION would it?

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, tbh, if Zero Day can use bard masteries effectively in pvp without calling for changes, perhaps you just need to learn how to use them more effectively yourself?
Lots of people play this game. They can't all have the game tailored to suit their particular playstyle. The logical way to do things is to adapt your playstyle to work with what's available.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
well, tbh, if Zero Day can use bard masteries effectively in pvp without calling for changes, perhaps you just need to learn how to use them more effectively yourself?
Lots of people play this game. They can't all have the game tailored to suit their particular playstyle. The logical way to do things is to adapt your playstyle to work with what's available.
It's not to tailor to my playstyle... Its to add more VERSATILITY to this game. There are far to many wasted or UNUSED skills that you just don't see on the fel side. I'd like to see some diferent templates out there being used in PvP rather then the same thing every single day.

Take hearding for example... Its cool and all but other then luring things to an ENTRANCE what else is there to do with it? You cant lure them out of the entrance, you cant get them to follow you through a moongate. Really, whats the point of it? Add some spice for pete sake, make some of these unused skills more interesting!

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
It's not to tailor to my playstyle... Its to add more VERSATILITY to this game. There are far to many wasted or UNUSED skills that you just don't see on the fel side. I'd like to see some diferent templates out there being used in PvP rather then the same thing every single day.

Take hearding for example... Its cool and all but other then luring things to an ENTRANCE what else is there to do with it? You cant lure them out of the entrance, you cant get them to follow you through a moongate. Really, whats the point of it? Add some spice for pete sake, make some of these unused skills more interesting!
Not to fit your playstyle ehh?

Everything you have suggested in the last week (i know.. there are alot of suggestions, but pay attention) have been based in a biased way around YOUR playstyle, and how it should benefit you. You seem like a nice guy, but maybe you don't realize how all these random threads and polls are all things you are hoping will benefit YOUR gameplay, no matter what it means to anyone else.

"Hey lets buff pixies, since i play a 4/6 chiv weaver mage thing, that is only good for attacking people being ganked on foot"

"i wanna play a bard, please overpower them for me"

"i joined a faction guild, now stat loss sucks, im gunna make a poll to see if we can get it dropped... or wait, people are on to me, im gunna just leave this faction guild"

"drop the dex requirement for parry, i wanna overpower my parry mage with that cool new shield"

"make an all release command so when someone drags my pixies away i can release and get more"

Hell, you even mentioned the special toggle when casting. i love love loved tank mages, but these days, i think i could abuse the hell out of that, on several templates. Tank mages are still viable BTW if you know what youa re doing.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
so your acusing me of being biased again... Are you for real, or do u just like trolling to up your post counts? Doesn't even matter anymore, say what you want and i'll continue to post what I want.

This threads about bard masteries, not about cetric on a rampage again to acuse me of being biased. Take it or leave it, if u aint got anyting constructive then don't let the door hit ya on the way out. :violin:

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There is a reason why herding is limited in this way. Before proposing sweeping changes you should try to extrapolate what the possible results could be.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
so your acusing me of being biased again... Are you for real, or do u just like trolling to up your post counts? Doesn't even matter anymore, say what you want and i'll continue to post what I want.
You are correct... i am accusing you of it. we don't want anyone going and thinking you are saying these things for the greater good of uo, now do we?

Think... THINK.... about what you are suggesting... you think a bard song running, that will never get disrupted is a good thing? lolol, i know you like having a blue sit in a guard zone and run the dmg reduction one on his fellow blues, but still. Lol...

Bards can be a really good support char in the back line of a group in a raid, just gotta know how to work it.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
There is a reason why herding is limited in this way. Before proposing sweeping changes you should try to extrapolate what the possible results could be.
Correct! I've seen some really nasty things done with herding as it is, i can't imagine expanding on it

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Even if my suggestions were being biased which they most certainly are NOT... If they are good suggestions then why penalize the whole population of UO just because I can come up with some interesting and well thought up templates? Just because I play this "pixie spamming whatever mage" doesn't mean i'm cheating or anything. I have flaws with the template and apparently it's good otherwise so many people wouldn't be complaining about it. It's not my fault that I come up with these interesting template ideas while the rest of you seem to be dragging along with the same... old... borring... never... changing... crap. Don't hate please? Move along to your what is it? Pure wrestle scribe mage 1v1 (which by the way ended years ago) template.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I useed herding as an example... If you read the rest of what I said then you would know that there are plenty of UNUSED skills for whatever reason that should be shown some love, buff em or remove em, do somethin. I dont think you pvp petra, but if you do then you'd know that it's literally the same ol' templates day in and day out. Nothing new, nothing good, nothing brings jaw dropping attention to. It's quite old to be honest.

While introducing these publishes, how about introducing another skill or two. OR suggestion, and just a suggestion (dont rip my head off). Fix the issues with the current skills so they can actually be of some use in templates. With the game changing left and right (we wish) you'd think by now there were more versatile templates (vs say back in 2006). Necro mage, mystic mage... can we get some ****ing unique mages other then the same two basic mage templates?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Even if my suggestions were being biased which they most certainly are NOT... If they are good suggestions then why penalize the whole population of UO just because I can come up with some interesting and well thought up templates? Just because I play this "pixie spamming whatever mage" doesn't mean i'm cheating or anything. I have flaws with the template and apparently it's good otherwise so many people wouldn't be complaining about it. It's not my fault that I come up with these interesting template ideas while the rest of you seem to be dragging along with the same... old... borring... never... changing... crap. Don't hate please? Move along to your what is it? Pure wrestle scribe mage 1v1 (which by the way ended years ago) template.
I have some very diverse templates, ask anyone i play with, i change templates and suits more than most people i know. In saying that, i don't come to stratics saying "this thing i play, it needs a boost, but that template that just worked me over, nerf that" Please refer to my signature.

Let me list the templates i've played, or still have, in just the last month:

mystic/mage/med
mystic/mage/scribe
mystic/mage/weaving
scribe/poison/mage
scribe/heal/mage
scribe/alchy/mage
necro/nox/mage
weaving/necro/mage
thrower/mage
fencing/nox/mage
necro/archer/fencer
bushido/tamer/dexer
mystic/tamer/dexer
ninja/dexer
macing/thrower

and my personal favorite dummy char:
ninja/stealth/disco/track/detect/mage

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Correct! I've seen some really nasty things done with herding as it is, i can't imagine expanding on it
what have you seen exactly? A person in destard count how many dragons he lured to the entrance?:ohsnap: better watch out now, that sounds like some fun right there! whats next on the list, luring chickens inside a fenced in barn? Comon now, give people more options and freedom to explore different templates.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have some very diverse templates, ask anyone i play with, i change templates and suits more than most people i know. In saying that, i don't come to stratics saying "this thing i play, it needs a boost, but that template that just worked me over, nerf that" Please refer to my signature.

Let me list the templates i've played, or still have, in just the last month:

mystic/mage/med
mystic/mage/scribe
mystic/mage/weaving
scribe/poison/mage
scribe/heal/mage
scribe/alchy/mage
necro/nox/mage
weaving/necro/mage
thrower/mage
fencing/nox/mage
necro/archer/fencer
bushido/tamer/dexer
mystic/tamer/dexer
ninja/dexer
macing/thrower

and my personal favorite dummy char:
ninja/stealth/disco/track/detect/mage
ur templates are nothing new lol, and i'm laughing because you even listed the same templates I see eeveryday. Mystic mage med (ok need med right?), Mystic mage Scribe (ok nothing new, scribe), mystic mage weaving (spell plague pixies, ok wat else?), Scribe nox mage (old, typical), Scribe heal mage (old, typical), Weaving necro mage (pixies with corpse, nothing new), Thrower/mage (might as well be a tank, nothing new), fencing nox mage (tank mage, nothin new), necro archer fencer (ok seriously not new), bush tamer dexer (not new meh), mystic tamer dexer (seen this, not interesting), ninja/dexer (seriously? typical), macing/thrower (typical.)

Can we get some freakin new skills to cram into the list?

You may think that i'm being biased cedric because I mention a lot of skills that ive played with, not necessarily to make my characters more "overpowered then they may seem" but because i've given the templates a shot and they just lack the 'juice". So my suggestions are based on templates i've played with and found problems with.

For one bard masteries should NOT be INTERUPTED when a mage is in protection.

Bards should be able to use masteries when HIDDEN, or STEALTHED (this is why we don't see many bards in fel people, because the template is rather basic and dull... You get ganked your ****ed cause its such a restricted template)

Holy light, SDI should affect this (why doesnt it?)

Holy light probly should be like Wither and not be cast WHILE running (OP much?)

Holy light SHOULD drain some **** like WITHER (only fair right?)

give bushido, spellweaving, ninjitsu, chivalry more freakin spells! Have you seen their spellbooks? Like half of those are all half empty. Comon people be creative.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
what have you seen exactly? A person in destard count how many dragons he lured to the entrance?:ohsnap: better watch out now, that sounds like some fun right there! whats next on the list, luring chickens inside a fenced in barn? Comon now, give people more options and freedom to explore different templates.
This is where you put yourself in the "person with big game mechanics knowledge"'s shoes. And you say, hmm.... what would i do if herding was expanded. Yes, destard is the big elephant in the room, as i've seen 2 herders defend a harrower for 12+ hours in destard on multiple occasions. Now take that idea, and apply it everywhere else. work every champ spawn in t2a to 4th, and lure it all to one of the drop ins... that sounds fun right?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
ur templates are nothing new lol, and i'm laughing because you even listed the same templates I see eeveryday. Mystic mage med (ok need med right?), Mystic mage Scribe (ok nothing new, scribe), mystic mage weaving (spell plague pixies, ok wat else?), Scribe nox mage (old, typical), Scribe heal mage (old, typical), Weaving necro mage (pixies with corpse, nothing new), Thrower/mage (might as well be a tank, nothing new), fencing nox mage (tank mage, nothin new), necro archer fencer (ok seriously not new), bush tamer dexer (not new meh), mystic tamer dexer (seen this, not interesting), ninja/dexer (seriously? typical), macing/thrower (typical.)

Can we get some freakin new skills to cram into the list?
Did i say they were new concepts? No, what i said was i play a high variety of templates, not your "standard lets go duel scribe mage" or the guy who hasn't put mysticism down since it was released. Most templates are the way they are for group fights. No i dont spam pixies and spell plague, i have weaving for wind and thunderstorm.... not everything is based around gate fighting you know.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is where you put yourself in the "person with big game mechanics knowledge"'s shoes. And you say, hmm.... what would i do if herding was expanded. Yes, destard is the big elephant in the room, as i've seen 2 herders defend a harrower for 12+ hours in destard on multiple occasions. Now take that idea, and apply it everywhere else. work every champ spawn in t2a to 4th, and lure it all to one of the drop ins... that sounds fun right?
It's cute when you try to sound intelligent. :next:

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did i say they were new concepts? No, what i said was i play a high variety of templates, not your "standard lets go duel scribe mage" or the guy who hasn't put mysticism down since it was released. Most templates are the way they are for group fights. No i dont spam pixies and spell plague, i have weaving for wind and thunderstorm.... not everything is based around gate fighting you know.
I can understand that... But the templates you mentioned there you see every single day. How many templates have you seen that I run with? Now you will prolly say "not many because its a ****ty template" but really... You don't see many unique templates anymore because people are so restricted to what they can do. there aren't many mage templates out there to play (dexers im not so sure, i couldnt play one but back to the point). So many skills need revamped and spells needing to be ADDED.

O

Old Man of UO

It's cute when you try to sound intelligent. :next:
LOL... I just love it when someone trolls their own threads!

Maybe, just maybe... your suggestions didn't get a good response because they really aren't that great? But, I dunno... I've learned to adjust to the way bard masteries work. I really think Cetric and Petra Fyde were trying to explain why they didn't think your idea worked, but then you attacked them. Not a good way to get agreement.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Also, so that i'm not editing my post so it gets missed again... Gotta love how you don't reply to the suggestions I made like 4 posts above:

"For one bard masteries should NOT be INTERUPTED when a mage is in protection.

Bards should be able to use masteries when HIDDEN, or STEALTHED (this is why we don't see many bards in fel people, because the template is rather basic and dull... You get ganked your ****ed cause its such a restricted template)

Holy light probly should be like Wither and not be cast WHILE running (OP much?)

give bushido, spellweaving, ninjitsu, chivalry more freakin spells! Have you seen their spellbooks? Like half of those are all half empty. Comon people be creative. "

Now is that being biased? Not really, Holy light would be a nerf to my class if you made it so i coudlnt run while spamming it. Should holy light do more dmg to monsters with more SDI? Yes, because that's something that should have been happening since it first came out. All the skils there, bushido, ninjitsu and the others its pretty obvious those need more spells. Bushido I don't speak much for because I dont play templates much with it, I have but its not something I prefer to play with. Chivalry, they put a nail in the coffin by first trying to destroy chiv mages and that alone makes it look like they only want dexers using the skill. Again, give us soem damn freedom and let every class use chivalry (without being screwed by the FC/FCR debuff with high magery, mystic, ect).

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
LOL... I just love it when someone trolls their own threads!

Maybe, just maybe... your suggestions didn't get a good response because they really aren't that great? But, I dunno... I've learned to adjust to the way bard masteries work. I really think Cetric and Petra Fyde were trying to explain why they didn't think your idea worked, but then you attacked them. Not a good way to get agreement.
old man your ships done sailed, and the first mistake you made was by trying to speak for the majority of the players (even though you claimed you weren't). I've been explaining to cetric and petra why there needs to be changes and suggestions on what to change... Have they made ANY suggestions that would fix the problem at hand? No they havent. Have you made any alternative constructive suggestions? No you haven't. You sit there with your negative remarks thinking the **** will change and fix on it's own one day. It doesn't always work that way and hasn't apparently. And by criticizing everyones suggestions without making any of your own is pretty sorry imo. The variety of templates Cedric plays for instance aren't even "unique" anymore. They are overused and to practical.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Here' lets be constructive:

"For one bard masteries should NOT be INTERUPTED when a mage is in protection.

Having bard masteries breakable is a must, probably not game changing, but a must. This would mean you would have to purge them out of pro (on a mystic) to stop them, or kill the bard. If the bard is standing behind a wall of mystics in stone form, it won't be easy/doable. Right now, you can teleport someone behind the wall and hit the bard, breaking the spell. Seems fair right?

That just sounds horrible. Lets have a stealther sit somewhere with the hpr and dmg reduction buffs on his party... bad idea all around.

Agree with this one, dunno why it doesn't effect it, should have 15sdi cap, (30 or 40 would probably be overpowering with how fast it is) but could be tested at least

kind of agree there, probably fine right now, but if it had an sdi boost, would probably be bad.

drain what? Mana? wither doesn't drain mana wraith form does. Learn your game mechanics, or at the very least look stuff up before posting..sheesh

give bushido, spellweaving, ninjitsu, chivalry more freakin spells! Have you seen their spellbooks? Like half of those are all half empty. Comon people be creative. "

ehh.... i could sort of agree, but then again, these are all supplemental skills, would be neat to see some spell ideas that weren't overpowering/gimped.

O

Old Man of UO

Have you made any alternative constructive suggestions? No you haven't.
Leave things as they are, learn to work with bard masteries with their current limitations. That IS an alternative suggestion to yours, even if you don't like it.

p.s. You might want to clean up your language/edit your post/ a bit as you've violated the ROC with your previous post.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The variety of templates Cedric plays for instance aren't even "unique" anymore. They are overused and to practical.
Just gunna say this for my chars. the point of listing them was not to claim that i created something. It was to explain that i know the ins and outs of most templates. There are ALOT of one trick ponies out there. I give you credit for trying to be inventive with your template, as i am always trying to buff my templates with armor tweaks, skill bonus, etc. However, if that template had alot of utility and was less of a one trick pony, more people would play it. Your template is unique because no one cares to be a one trick pony, they like some utility... some more things to do. You want all these changes, yet your main template's only mvoe is to chain pixies and throw some holy lights? cmon man.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not to fit your playstyle ehh?

Everything you have suggested in the last week (i know.. there are alot of suggestions, but pay attention) have been based in a biased way around YOUR playstyle, and how it should benefit you. You seem like a nice guy, but maybe you don't realize how all these random threads and polls are all things you are hoping will benefit YOUR gameplay, no matter what it means to anyone else.

"Hey lets buff pixies, since i play a 4/6 chiv weaver mage thing, that is only good for attacking people being ganked on foot"

"i wanna play a bard, please overpower them for me"

"i joined a faction guild, now stat loss sucks, im gunna make a poll to see if we can get it dropped... or wait, people are on to me, im gunna just leave this faction guild"

"drop the dex requirement for parry, i wanna overpower my parry mage with that cool new shield"

"make an all release command so when someone drags my pixies away i can release and get more"

Hell, you even mentioned the special toggle when casting. i love love loved tank mages, but these days, i think i could abuse the hell out of that, on several templates. Tank mages are still viable BTW if you know what youa re doing.
I suppose the best thing to do is suggest changes to skils I don't know anything about? Is that what you would do cetric, just spout out random suggestions to skills that are "fine" the way they are? That's a great way to do things, "throw in the new guy that doesn't even know how to play UO to suggest how to revamp the skills". If you want goo constructive feedback on how to improve a skill in the game, I know i'd rather ask the guy that's been playing with the same skill(s).

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Leave things as they are, learn to work with bard masteries with their current limitations. That IS an alternative suggestion to yours, even if you don't like it.

p.s. You might want to clean up your language/edit your post/ a bit as you've violated the ROC with your previous post.
and how is that?

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using a bards skill while hidden? Now I know this is a fantasy game but playing an instrument whilst hidden sound a bit contradictory. Kind of like hunting with a bagpipe.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just gunna say this for my chars. the point of listing them was not to claim that i created something. It was to explain that i know the ins and outs of most templates. There are ALOT of one trick ponies out there. I give you credit for trying to be inventive with your template, as i am always trying to buff my templates with armor tweaks, skill bonus, etc. However, if that template had alot of utility and was less of a one trick pony, more people would play it. Your template is unique because no one cares to be a one trick pony, they like some utility... some more things to do. You want all these changes, yet your main template's only mvoe is to chain pixies and throw some holy lights? cmon man.

and yet again, no constructive feedback or even SUGGESTIONS that would improve the crap we already have. Could it possibly be that I play the template I have now because im tired of seeing the same **** every day? No way, could that be it! Bingo!!!! Try making a constructive post and suggest how to "repair" these unused skills rather then boasting about yourself by talking about how you've done this and done that and oh done this to. You need to understand that there is always room for improvement in this game. It's not perfect, regardless of what you may think. I am making suggestions that would allow people to explore new possibilities in their templates, intead of the same templates all the time.

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Using a bards skill while hidden? Now I know this is a fantasy game but playing an instrument whilst hidden sound a bit contradictory. Kind of like hunting with a bagpipe.
jesus your post there was the first post thats made me laugh in a loonnng gtime lol... Good job man addin some humor there lol.

THEN AGAIN...

Couldn't the same be said for a mage whos in protection with bard mastery spells up and STILL getting the "interupt" message? I know it may seem over powered but that sounds so crooked, why the hell would you get interupted when the whole point of using PROTECTIOn is to AVOID interuption?

Z

Zero Day

Bards are not mages. The mastery abilities ie "spell songs" are magic infused music. So there's an upkeep of magic as the bard continues playing and using those abilities. A bard in protection gets the same benefits as a mage, he won't get interrupted while initiating his spell. Upkeep is a completely different ballgame.

Having bards use their abilities while stealthed just means you have a bunch of PvPers running around with hidden bards keeping them constantly buffed. That has nothing to do with empowering bards, just empowering everyone else using bards.

I take my bards on raids, spawns, and gate PvP.
You can always park a bard somewhere as a buff bot, but -playing- a bard in PvP means you are making a conscious trade off. You are trading some of your damage output or combat effectiveness, to make your team more effective.
You may not dish out as much damage as a mystic mage, necro mage, scribe mage, tamer, dexer or any other damage dedicated template in a 1v1 fight. But you can actively out heal any other template. You can turn hard to kill targets into paper, and pretty much limit EVERY other templates combat effectiveness against your group.

Me and my bard are the most important member of every group fight my guild gets into. So I may not get all the points, but I'm the MVP that makes the game. And there's nowhere that says just because I am a bard I only have to use bard abilities.
Necro Bard
Mystic Bard
Mage Bard
Archer Bard
Tamer Bard

To name a few of the viable bard templates for PvP.

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Notice how i try to be constructive with your one list, and you ignore it and go to the one where i demean your template? lol

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Bards are not mages. The mastery abilities ie "spell songs" are magic infused music. So there's an upkeep of magic as the bard continues playing and using those abilities. A bard in protection gets the same benefits as a mage, he won't get interrupted while initiating his spell. Upkeep is a completely different ballgame.

Having bards use their abilities while stealthed just means you have a bunch of PvPers running around with hidden bards keeping them constantly buffed. That has nothing to do with empowering bards, just empowering everyone else using bards.

You can always park a bard somewhere as a buff bot, but -playing- a bard in PvP means you are making a conscious trade off. You are trading some of your damage output or combat effectiveness, to make your team more effective.
You may not dish out as much damage as a mystic mage, necro mage, scribe mage, tamer, dexer or any other damage dedicated template in a 1v1 fight. But you can actively out heal any other template. You can turn hard to kill targets into paper, and pretty much limit EVERY other templates combat effectiveness against your group.

Me and my bard are the most important member of every group fight my guild gets into. So I may not get all the points, but I'm the MVP that makes the game. And there's nowhere that says just because I am a bard I only have to use bard abilities.
Necro Bard
Mystic Bard
Mage Bard
Archer Bard
Tamer Bard

But in order to get the full benefit of the bard mastery spells you'd have to invest 480 skill points.. Is it even possible to be as valuable to your group being a 4x bard vs being a 2x?

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Necro Bard
Mystic Bard
Mage Bard
Archer Bard
Tamer Bard

You sir, get it. Props to you

Dan123The123Man

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
wonder if you could do mystic weaver bard, spam spell plague, use despair/tribulation with pixies. (another fel yew gate template).

Alternatively I guess one template ive never tried yet is this a 4x bard with 120 magery (use mage wep) and 120 med... I have tried 4x bard with 120 chiv and 120 med and no resist, no wep skill was really a bummer. I wonder how this template (4x bard, 120 mage, 120 med) would hold up using invigorate and inspire on teh island in despise.. Or from using the regeneration buffs so when ppl are pushing the island the regeneration (despite what ppl have on their suit) will regen through the poison damage. I need to try that... Maybe something can be done with the MAGE 4x bard. I still dont knwo about the CHIV 4x bard though cause no wep skill > 4/6 chiv i think...

Zero have u ever tried using 4x bard 120 mage 120 med when trying to hold the island in despise (where everyones already close to you)?

You figure if u got like 8 guys in ur party and ur invigorate at 4x (well mine did at 4x) was ticking for 20-22 dmg per 2 secs... On 8 people total thats like 160 health every 2 seconds being healed... But it sucks Invigorate isnt LIKE gift of renewal... it DOESNT heal OVER poison like gift of renewal does. thats a drag.

Z

Zero Day

Well a 4x Bard is like a Mage with Inscription. A bards mastery is effective with a 2x Bard. A 4xBard gets a bonus to that effectiveness much like a Mage with scribe gets an SDI bonus compared to a mage without scribe.
The scribe itself is not really adding any capabilities to magery, but rather enhancing the effect.
A 4x Bard represents the Max achievable level, not the minimum level required to be effective.

I did try a 4x bard and the 480 points, doesnt leave enough for healing, defense, offense, mana regeneration and all the other vital functions that characters need.
At 3x A bard can still go for 2 more 120s for damage/healing and 120 for mana regen or defense
At 2x A bard can still be a mage, necro,mystic with med and resist or weapon skill. Much like your 69.9 Casting skill templates that you posted elsewhere, you could probably stick a bard with 69.9 magery and 120 eval with med,resist, focus and a mage weapon and fireball spam with despair till your heart is content and interrupt the hell out of alot of casters.