• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Any advice on gaining in Discordance would be welcome.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have created a Bard Mage template.

Music and Peace are a cake walk, I know how to do those.

What is the best path to follow to raise Disco and Prov (separately)?

I looked at the advance character token and whoa $30 US? I think not :)

BUT the suggested templates .... was rather revealing. Not in the distribution of skill points BUT in the distribution of the STATS.

I would also appreciate any comments on the suggested distribution of the STATS by OSI/EAMythic for Bards and/or Tamers.

Product Features

Advanced Character Templates:

Samurai:
A true Samurai warrior strives for perfection in combat, wisdom, honor, courage. These are the hallmarks of this venerable profession. Although anyone can build their Bushido skill, only when you master a wide variety of special abilities and weapon maneuvers such as Honorable Execution and Lightning Strike will you truly be worthy of the armor of the Samurai. (Must have Ultima Online: Samurai Empire to choose this template. If you do not have Samurai Empire, please CLICK HERE to purchase Ultima Online: Samurai Empire.)

* 85 Bushido
* 85 Swordsmanship
* 85 Parrying
* 70 Tactics
* 70 Focus
* 85 Strength, 85 Dexterity, 55 Intelligence

Ninja:
The discipline of Ninjitsu is not for the weak of body or mind. You must build dexterity. You must move silently. You must think and act quickly, because your very life depends on it. If you wish to deal death without being seen or heard, then the Ninja advanced character is for you. (Must have Ultima Online: Samurai Empire to choose this template. If you do not have Samurai Empire, please CLICK HERE to purchase Ultima Online: Samurai Empire.)

* 85 Ninjitsu
* 85 Hiding
* 85 Stealth
* 70 Fencing
* 70 Tactics

Necromancer:
Necromancers are masters of the dark arts, able to inflict pain, pestilence, cold, and vile curses against their hapless foes. They are leaders of the undead, with the power to animate corpses of creatures that have fallen in battle to serve their wicked ways. And with a simple utterance of an ancient spell, they can even transform themselves into some of these creatures, gaining both their powers and weaknesses. If it is a darker path you seek, embrace evil and become a Necromancer. (Must have Ultima Online: Age Of Shadows or a later expansion pack to choose this template.)

* 85 Necromancy
* 85 Spirit Speak
* 85 Resisting Spells
* 70 Fencing
* 70 Meditation
* 80 Strength, 70 Dexterity, 75 Intelligence

Paladin:
In a land threatened by evil necromancers, fearsome dragons, and malevolent beasts from the darkest depths of the world, few have the power to battle such creatures better than the paladin. Paladins are the most noble of all adventurers. The quintessential knight in shining armor, the paladin protects the land with both his sword and divine powers. Revered by most, they uphold law and order and assist those in need. Only a select few can take on such tasks, but the question remains…. can you? (Must have Ultima Online: Age Of Shadows a later expansion pack to choose this template.)

* 85 Chivalry
* 85 Resist Spells
* 85 Swordsmanship
* 70 Tactics
* 60 Focus
* Title set to trustworthy

Treasure Hunter:
The treasure hunter is a true adventurer, one who travels the world in search of buried chests of valuable treasure and oftentimes has to battle (or escape from!) formidable foes in order to claim such bounty. They are often found traveling with groups of other adventurers, but with magery, musicianship, and peacemaking as part of their repertoire of skills, they are able to tackle most obstacles on their own. If you're looking for challenge, companionship, fun and fortune, the treasure hunter is the character for you.

* 85 Lockpicking
* 85 Cartography
* 85 Peacemaking
* 70 Magery
* 70 Musicianship
* 100 Strength, 100 Intelligence, 25 Dexterity

Mage:
Mages are among the most powerful characters in the game. Their spells can not only damage attackers from a distance, but can be used for transportation and healing as well. Some mages are also able to resist magic when it is wielded against them. Mages using meditation to regenerate their fearsome power and the ability to inscribe skills to supplement their other skills will soon find themselves at the right end of the food chain.

* 85 Magery
* 85 Resist Spells
* 85 Evaluate Intelligence
* 70 Inscription
* 70 Meditation
* 80 Strength, 110 Intelligence, 35 Dexterity

Warrior:
If looking the enemy in the eye appeals to you, or if you prefer the safe solidity of an arrow over magic, the warrior is the character for you. With their weapons in hand, these characters can battle almost anywhere in the world of Britannia. Warriors are often valuable party members, whether on a boat, on land, or in the caverns beneath the earth, as their fighting skills and healing abilities hold the line against their opponents.

Note: You will have the choice to create a specialized advanced warrior. You can create a Swordsman, a Fencer, a Mace Fighter or an Archer, depending on what template you choose.

* 85 Swordsmanship or Fencing or Mace Fighting or Archery
* 85 Tactics
* 85 Anatomy
* 70 Healing
* 70 Resist Spells
* 110 Strength, 80 Dexterity, 25 Intelligence

Blacksmith:
Few characters can survive the world without the blacksmith behind them, giving support. Their ability to mine precious ore and shape it into weapons and armor keeps the warriors supplied (not to mention being a source of wealth!). Their knowledge of tailoring affords them the ability to craft leather armor as well, truly rounding out their armor crafting abilities. As tinkers, they keep the thieves of the world supplied with lock picks and the romantics of the world supplied with jewelry.

* 85 Blacksmithing
* 85 Mining
* 85 Tinkering
* 70 Tailoring
* 70 Magery
* 125 Strength, 25 Dexterity, 65 Intelligence

Bard:
The bard is an admirable adventurer, capable of creating generating wide swaths of death against many of the most formidable of opponents that exist in the dungeons, on the land, or on the sea. Armed with a mere instrument as a weapon, the bard can provoke powerful monsters into frenzied attack against other beings, or weaken them until they are little match for the warriors of his or her party. The ability to calm one or more opponents in the fury of battle can protect a bard—or those around a bard—from certain death, even in the absence of a bow or blade. Whether traveling alone or in a party, this character can well make his or her way almost anywhere in Britannia.

* 85 Provocation
* 85 Musicianship
* 85 Peacemaking
* 70 Discordance
* 70 Resist Spells
* 85 Strength, 55 Intelligence, 85 Dexterity

Tamer:
Tamers have command over many of the awesome beasts that wander the land-and over some of the monsters as well! Far from simply being a supplier of mounts to the other inhabitants of Britannia, tamers are combatants in their own right, particularly with magery to supplement the damage done by their mounts. Their ability to heal their pets and to know the characteristics of the creatures of the world round out the tamers' skills, making them powerful indeed.

* 85 Taming
* 85 Animal Lore
* 85 Veterinary
* 70 Magery
* 70 Meditation
* 80 Strength, 80 Intelligence, 55 Dexterity

P

packrat

Here is what I did.. I am not sure if its legal. I got mixed responses from players and GM's. One said it was illegal when I wanted to do provoking, then I asked again when I went to do it for dicord and the GM said it was legal. I built 8 stalls in my fel house and set up a macro to discord all of them, then I hid for 8 seconds and did the same thing again. I used different animals with different skill values. I also used a store bought instrument. when gains go slow i switched to an an instrument not related to that animal for the -10 chance at succeeding...
When I got close to 90 I went to the swoop area and got a dryad to discord me and i did pixies and a few other creatures in there.. I think I got to 92-93 doing that then i put minimal jewels on to do the dogs and went to work.. I think It took me less than a week to get discord up to 115.

Nyses

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Here is what I did.. I am not sure if its legal. I got mixed responses from players and GM's. One said it was illegal when I wanted to do provoking, then I asked again when I went to do it for dicord and the GM said it was legal. I built 8 stalls in my fel house and set up a macro to discord all of them, then I hid for 8 seconds and did the same thing again. I used different animals with different skill values. I also used a store bought instrument. when gains go slow i switched to an an instrument not related to that animal for the -10 chance at succeeding...
When I got close to 90 I went to the swoop area and got a dryad to discord me and i did pixies and a few other creatures in there.. I think I got to 92-93 doing that then i put minimal jewels on to do the dogs and went to work.. I think It took me less than a week to get discord up to 115.
Be careful of going the house/stall route. I received a 24 hour ban on Sonoma, from a GM that showed up and told my char it was illegal, left and imediatly banned the account of the home owner. I sent in my "feedback" to EA and of coarse nothing ever happened.

Hunter Moon

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is why I figure it can be both legal and illegal to use stalls.

When you try to provoke two animals, if you fail, the animal will turn on you and attack you. If they are in stalls, you have no chance of being attacked unless it is a spell caster (which no one uses anymore for provoke or discord training). Any kind of skill work that should entail the danger of attack which you bypass and nullify is considered illegal. This is why they changed taming so that you can not block a pet and still tame. The same with old tricks to work resist against high level monsters and take no direct damage. Again, same with working provoke on boats with dragons and not taking damage.

Now if you're discording animals such as cu sidhes, they are not aggressive and do not flag if you succeed or fail at discording them so having them in a pen does not shield you from the chance of attack and thus should be completely legal.

Of course each GM is different and there seem to be no hard and fast rules about much of UO so it is always at the GM's discretion to decide if something is legal or not... Makes it hard on us players but it is what it is....

Hunter Moon [HOT] Atlantic

Omnicron

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
THe only tip I have for you, is be prepared to spend a LONG time doing it. Buy alot of instraments and be prepared to spend a LONG time doing it.
I worked on cu's from 85 to 120, but be prepared to spend a LONG time doing it.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
*Shrug*

Right or wrong (as in legal nor not)

I have my Own Guild set up and all characters from both accounts are members.

I had my Tamer go tame a Drake and put it in one of my houses.

Both computers have a Logitech G15 keyboard.

I also went to the extent of turning every skill down except Music and Disco. I am kicking myself about letting Hideing reais top 53.9 before I turned it down and focus is at 35.n I should have had it turned down from the start.

I have the tamer say All Guard me every 5 minutes.

The Bard does the following

Clicks a ... stack of instruments,
Does the Disco thing
waits 12 seconds
does the hide thing (no fail being in the house)
waits 18 seconds

Go back to the Top and repeat.

It is excruciatingly slow.

It is kind of hard for me to see why they would view this as not legal because as far as I can tell I am not directly defeating any game mechanic.

A

Azazel of LA

Im 120 Discord and 120 Music and what I did was tamed and released animals on a boat and then hopped on a 2nd boat and just cycled through them. At one point I had 10 wild Cu on a boat and as I was discording I had friends working archery on them and we had a lil party.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
At one point I had 10 wild Cu on a boat and as I was discording I had friends working archery on them and we had a lil party.
As I was leaving last night, I think I saw you say Disco wouldnt work for helping my Cu gain in Healing.

When a tamed Cu is disco'd by a player is the Healing Skill exempt from the effect?

A

Azazel of LA

As I was leaving last night, I think I saw you say Disco wouldnt work for helping my Cu gain in Healing.

When a tamed Cu is disco'd by a player is the Healing Skill exempt from the effect?
I tried it and I never got it to work , I find the only way to get gains in the 90s on my Cu is to deadly poison it (Rotting Corpses) and let it cure itself. I got mine up to like 93 but its so slow IK dont even bother anymore.

EnigmaMaitreya

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you all don't mind, one piece of fine tuning advice.

My current thinking is to have Magery be my Offensive skill, the Offensive spells, the Summoned pets. Mostly because I am accustomed to the Offensive Stand alone Magery skill from my Tamer.

Can Archery be as effective or possibly more effective, stand alone (as in no room for any supporting/enhancing skills)?