• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Anvil of Artifacts or other UO Store items bugged?

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I picked up 2 of these Anvil of artifact items today. One from a vendor and the other from the UO store.

Neither of them will allow me to use them after placing them. Can't adjust the resists and click okay. Both are fully charged.

Wondering if anyone else has had issues with them or other store items for that matter? Figured it was worth the ask since I know there have been some recent issues with the store.

Or considering the fact that it is me here, and I could be doing something very very wrong.

Thanks

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too bad you can't copy to TC, I like the anvil but you have a uncommon chance to get the stats you want on one of the 10 or 15 pieces.

You have to click it in the right pattern to make the menu come up:

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Everything about these 2 works exactly like the one I finished off earlier today. Menu comes up just fine.

It's really strange actually. I type in the resists I want, click okay, and nothing happens. Just stays at the same menu screen.

(Tried different houses, facing it different directions, turned on/off...) I'm really at a stand still here. lol

R00

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Almost sounds like an unsanctioned client issue. No finger pointing, but on the off chance thats the case try a sanctioned client.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Page a GM. If you just used one you know the steps.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Also, I would like to see some of the positive result pieces.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Almost sounds like an unsanctioned client issue. No finger pointing, but on the off chance thats the case try a sanctioned client.
I could see that being an issue, but I am in the classic client. No fanciness here.

Talking with a GM now, hopefully it's something simple.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a cool item, shame it doesn't seem to work well. Does it expire after the 35 charges or can it be refilled?

skett

Babbling Loonie
Professional
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
expires but you can keep it as deco

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I thought it was 10 or 15 charges. 35 would give you a chance for at least 1 decent reforge.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
That's a cool item, shame it doesn't seem to work well. Does it expire after the 35 charges or can it be refilled?
They come with 18 charges, and yes you can keep it as deco. Cool sparks when you turn it on in deco mode.

GM got mine fixed by the way, thank goodness.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I was actually able to get keeper luck suit pieces within 20 tries with leather. So not bad.

Not so lucky with metal or wood.

Items with dex stats at max or near would take many more attempts.

GarthGrey

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Too bad you can't copy to TC, I like the anvil but you have a uncommon chance to get the stats you want on one of the 10 or 15 pieces.

You have to click it in the right pattern to make the menu come up:
Nice grammatical/spelling/whatever error on the official page.

Anvil of Artifacts allows you do control where those resists are applied – at a cost.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED

Anvil of Artifacts allows you do control where those resists are applied – at a cost.
I think that's why Mesanna stopped putting out the monthly Newsletter... it always had grammatical errors somewhere in it which tells me she doesn't proof read her work... kind of makes sense when you look at how she is running the show now (ie content is sporadic and more bugs are being introduced than fixed).

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She has never come across as the type A personality...not shocked at all that the game has gone in this direction.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

They say you should never proof read your own work, because you see what you expect to see instead of what's really there :(
Sorry for the typo, I'll fix it.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
They say you should never proof read your own work, because you see what you expect to see instead of what's really there :(
Sorry for the typo, I'll fix it.
Yup. You know what you wanted to say so your brain reads it the way you wanted it.

Also those example of completely misspelled and wrong words, but you read them correctly.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Also those example of completely misspelled and wrong words, but you read them correctly.
I might give the benefit of doubt if someone mistypes the incorrect word like a "do-do list"; personally I do catch this type of thing when I re-read my stuff 9/10 times but I get that it happens.... but for actual misspelling of words?? It's 2023 and almost every single word typing software has spellcheck... hell even the UO Forums has spell check; she could type them in there and look for anything with a red line under it.

Perfect example was that I missed an "s" in misspelling in the sentence above (which maybe could be overlooked) but as soon as I moved to the next work I saw there was a red line under it and knew I had messed up the word. Like I said, the "overlooked" pass can only go so far before it turns into incompetence.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Incompetence I say!
Spell check and auto correct have actually turned me into quite a lazy typist / speller. I used to be cognizant of how I was typing words and slowly typing out words I wasn't sure about but now I just type whatever gets me close. I think this might be what Bonnie does too...but just doesn't care enough to actually go back and right click / fix the misspelled words. "Hmm... "wildifre has a red line under it for some reason.... f*** it Jerry Springer is coming back on from commercial."

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You're going to keep on slagging Mesanna for my typo? Mesanna didn't type that page!

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
You're going to keep on slagging Mesanna for my typo? Mesanna didn't type that page!
People love this game, you should understand, and they feel as though the leadership has dropped the ball when it comes to management.

Yes, this spelling issue might have been outside of her doing but the buck isn't expected to stop at Petra. You can opt to take the blame, long time members of this particular website can fondly recall the absurd moderation we had back in the day when the game still had traction but that was then and this is now.

I'm sorry but Messana has done a near useless job and the sentiment seems agree here. People are allowed to have high expectations when it comes to those in positions of power, this is no different.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
These posters ? LOL You and Petra are so Elite....the rest of us aren't worthy.
Did you continue to blame the wrong person after finding out who wrote it?
if so, then yes.

Are you implying Mesanna is good at her job ?
Can anyone here show is what game they have been running for more than 10 years?

She's a hell of a lot better than anonymous cry baby posters would be.

Anon McDougle

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Did you continue to blame the wrong person after finding out who wrote it?
if so, then yes.

Can anyone here show is what game they have been running for more than 10 years?

She's a hell of a lot better than anonymous cry baby posters would be.
By your reasoning since none of us have been president we should let someone incapable do it?

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
She has had a decade to reduce bleeding and pilfer the best ideas from free servers yet we have recycled events and shard bound items.

It's almost comical, she wasted resources to replicate this exact forum in a attempt to shield herself from negative commentary and some praise her anyways. The closest comparison I can think of her effectiveness is a bank manager taking 90% of your returns, for some people this is good enough I guess.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
@Petra Fyde - You are in charge of writing the Newsletter? If so, why haven't you written one with details of what is going on since Jan? Why is a monthly newsletter now quarterly? Are you also in charge of posting on the UO website notes from Mesanna about updates (those also have errors)? If so, why aren't you giving us those more frequently?

Fact of the matter is that she's proven to be incompetent beyond just grammatical errors; but if that's the hill you want to die on that's fine. It still doesn't explain why NL has been delayed by years or why we haven't seen much more than a couple of clips of it. It also doesn't explain the high number of bugs the game has that are never addressed, even when explicitly explained.

I think it's funny that Pawain, also someone with exactly zero SDLC management like Mesanna clearly shows, thinks other people speaking on it couldn't do the job simply because they don't have her job. That's the most idiotic argument I've ever heard. You remind me of the old guy at work who thinks because I sent him a link to a website that I'm in the IT department. Your argument is like telling someone who has their CDL and drives for a living that they couldn't drive better than you because they've never driven YOUR car (which must be a clown car). Anyone with an ounce of project management, or even leadership skills, could do the job that Mesanna has done at a minimum...but I'd be willing to be they would do much better. The only thing she's done on her watch is NOT have the game shut down but from everything I've seen over the last couple years we probably aren't far off from that. Even then you would probably defend Mesanna and say it's not her fault... it's everyone else's fault for being so negative. *queues clown music*

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am only a player, and consequently only have access to the player wiki. No other part of the main site.

Keven2002

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I am only a player, and consequently only have access to the player wiki. No other part of the main site.
I understand you write the wiki (thank you for that) but I'm referring specifically the Newsletter and publish notes etc. Those are chock full of grammatical errors which I believe are solely on Mesanna (ie my "slagging" is justified). So what I've said is supported by facts... somehow I doubt that Pawain will acknowledge any wrong doing of Mesanna even though I am speaking straight facts. Funny how some people pick and choose what they acknowledge.

Picus of Napa

Certifiable
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Of course, it’s hard to blame users for not returning when Meta’s own VP of Metaverse had to beg his own employees to spend more time in Horizon Worlds, saying in an internal memo, “For many of us, we don’t spend that much time in Horizon and our dogfooding dashboards show this pretty clearly. Why is that? Why don’t we love the product we’ve built so much that we use it all the time? The simple truth is, if we don’t love it, how can we expect our users to love it?”

This was in a article about the hilarious failure of the metaverse which I thought had interesting parallels to this conversation.

@Petra Fyde I truly ❤ you for all the effort and time, I honestly think the game wouldn't be here without your drive. You would have been a far better lead.