• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Answers about Direct Damage and Quiver of Rage needed

T

tarugobr

hello everybody

i was looking for some informations about Direct Damage and also Quiver of Rage

as far as i understood, i read in uoguide that Quiver of Rage used to have Direct Damage property (the only iten who held that property). but past pub55 it was removed
and im wondering now if those Quivers of Rage obtained prior to pub55 are the same as before, or if they were all changed

are there diferent kinds of Quiver of Rage?

please, explain that to me guys

here are the links from where i obtained my infos
http://www.uoguide.com/Direct_Damage
http://www.uoguide.com/Quiver_of_Rage

thank you

T

tarugobr

the point is that Direct Damage is an 'strong' property that would make a sig.difference

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
it was removed and later the prepatch ones were changed as well, after the significant difference it made in pvp.

Signed -

Former abuser of the quiver of rage.

T

tarugobr

last week a guy just told me that he had a prepatched quiver for trade

so, zero chance of that being true, right?
maybe he was trying to scam

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Abosulutely impossible. UO is bug free top of the line coding quality game, running on state of art backbone systems.

I will say its not possible to have a prepatched quiver of rage.

AxiamInc

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I would have to agree that anything is possible regarding them having one of the old quivers.

Reason I say that, is because you can still to this day find 400 stone quivers out there. I ran into one not 2 days ago while I was looking around for some other things.

Who knows...

T

tarugobr

why exactly did they remove direct damage from those quivers?
were they so powerful?

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why exactly did they remove direct damage from those quivers?
were they so powerful?
quiver of rage had 10% invisible damage distribution which is later clearified by the DEVs that the 10% damage carries no element thus "direct damage"

It was removed because the 10% direct damage essentially giving too much damage. You are talking about 70+ moving shot from a double proc heavy crossbow... and this was before they nerfed concussion blow... concussion blow with a crossbow was able to easily 2 shot people if both spells procs.

so they are nerfed.