• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another training question.

Merth

Journeyman
So my cu is about to finish last round of training and i followed the slot 3 to 4 guide. I dont have the ability to solo champs or the funds yet to buy scrolls. How should I allocate points until I can get scrolls? And which order should i purchase scrolls as I get funds?

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
First, note that the point cost of applying a higher scroll after using a 105 or 110 actually subtracts the cost of previously applied scrolls. If a 120 requires 200 points, a 105 PS will require 50 points or a 110 PS 100 points - and you can subtract those points from what you need to later add the 120. So if you can get a lower scroll, go ahead and use it - but save the points needed for the difference between the scroll you used and the 115 or 120 you eventually hope to get. The low end scrolls can often be found free or dirt cheap on most shards, especially if you have any friends that spawn.

The annoying thing about saving points is that you'll keep getting the 100% training thing pop up as long as all points aren't spent.

Order of PS isn't all that important, though the difficulty in training some skills might make you want to get those first. Healing, Disco, and casting skills are probably hardest (and some have issues where gains stop without using disco on the pet). Wrestling and Resisting Spells are in the middle. Anatomy, Tactics, Focus, and Med are the easiest to gain.

Pawain

I Hate Skilling
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
If you followed the guide:

1. Max the base damage.
2. Choose AI
3. Choose Chiv
4. Add scrolls until you are done adding them. Return and then ask again.

Pull the training window to the corner of the screen so it is out of the way.

Khaelor

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
for scroll order, magics(chiv/discord) I would apply first, followed by wrestling (determines the hit/miss of your pet and your pets chance to be hit/missed) I would try to get a lower tactics scroll early on too, 105 or 110, because should your pet die, it's damage will suffer for being under 100 tactics. A 105 scroll would give you a buffer. Tactics and anatomy, in regards to damage, do not add a lot for the cost of the higher scrolls.