• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another superdragon fix thread.

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious as to how many threads we have had about this and still no fix. The dreadmares are bad but the dragons are just stupid. Tamers dismounting and running in ostard form with a dragon hitting you for 40 dmg and bleed attack...its sad that all this was added yet such a simple FIX is being refused to be implemented.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just curious as to how many threads we have had about this and still no fix. The dreadmares are bad but the dragons are just stupid. Tamers dismounting and running in ostard form with a dragon hitting you for 40 dmg and bleed attack...its sad that all this was added yet such a simple FIX is being refused to be implemented.
Isn't it obvious by now that the Devs don't see the greater dragon as an issue...they seem to like to have the tamer template to be overpowered.

EDA_GL

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just make the dragon do 50% damage to any player character (correct id tag needed)

Make animal form take two control slots!!!! ZING!:gun:

It Lives

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
They said they are working on a fix already.

Maybe if you complain enough they may make them even stronger:p

5% Luck

I just dont get it are you running on foot? When I pvp with my tamer these guys run circles around my dragons. You must realy not be good at running!

Opps tree

opps another player

opps rock

opps house

How much do you run into things to have a dragon out run you?

Think of the dragons and a defensive position instead of an offensive one. It will be easier to handle it. Because truly if you geting dragon whacked youve got some serous lag issues or you just dont run.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I wish the devs would follow up on their numerous mentions that greaters and or tamers were going to get balanced and give us a firm idea of what will happen and when. How long have greaters been out? How long ago did Jeremy mention that a fix would be coming? It's been long enough, the fix should have been published by now.

My concern is now that the sole guy who is charged with balancing things in UO had this on his to-do list along with all the other items, including the new arties and we'll never see a fix this side of Christmas. Which for an issue as sore as this one, is rediculous.

Wenchy

B

BartofCats

This wouldn't be an issue if there was proper PVP rules that limited damage from anything dragons included, while in a PVP fight. Untill that happens, and it probably wont cause they will use the "old code" as an issue Instead of rewriting it in a proper way that does work. Who knows.. maybe in this lifetime there will be a proper code in place for that.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i think the part that sucks the most is when i get killed by the dragon the system takes 600 gold out for insurance instead of the 300 pvp insurance gold..

now if the system doesnt know im not attacking a tame pet, then how can it limit the dmg it does to me..

M

Messiah

I believe that if you give your pet the all kill command and attack a player your pet should automatically die. If i wanted to PvM, i'd go to Tram, not fel yew gate.

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
If you go to Yew gate expecting to find PvP I think you're a tad optomistic...

Wenchy

Dragkiris

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Its easy enough to get away from the dragon but alot you will get hit once from it if your trying to kill the tamer (thats about 40 damage) then whatever spell the tamer had up or he shoots you with his bow (another 20-30 dmg) and then the almighty firebreath from 4 screens away for 70 damage.

A

Altec

I just dont get it are you running on foot? When I pvp with my tamer these guys run circles around my dragons. You must realy not be good at running!

Opps tree

opps another player

opps rock

opps house

How much do you run into things to have a dragon out run you?

Think of the dragons and a defensive position instead of an offensive one. It will be easier to handle it. Because truly if you geting dragon whacked youve got some serous lag issues or you just dont run.
A bola dismounts you 100% of the time. The dragon can fireball you and cast on you from like 4 screens away apperently you just don't how to fight with a dragon.

T

Turdnugget

Messiah, do you realize how many people the 'All kill' attack on a player' would effect as far as champ spawners go? How fair is that, if a tamer is doing a champ spawn with friends, and they get raided, he/she CANNOT use their weapon because they will insta die from sicking their pet on someone raiding their spawn? I guess you don't do champ spawns since you only PvM in Trammel though.

I used to enjoy PvP for the fun factor, and fighting against classy people. Nowadays I could care less how I kill someone because lately it's just trash talk, speeder, UOMedic. PvP isn't as fun as it used to be. I don't care about getting someone's insurance money. I kill people on my tamer to **** them off because they are arseholes.

So once/if they fix the superdragon, are you gonna start complaining about other pet combos?

Dragkiris, do you realize that a tamer can outrun their own pet and leave it in the dust in animal form or on a mount? If you ran far enough, the only way their pet could stay up to speed is if they were to use a pet-ball, and that can be interrupted.

A

Arch Magus

Para fields seem to screw up dragons and their owners.

Badly, for the most part.

E

ElRay

Legos don't have hair.

Get a clue.
then you must be mentally challenged as well as blind, as your sig has a blonde haired lego man in in it. I'll donate some change to you so you can "buy" a clue

K

Kiminality

I think his point was that it's not hair, it's plastic.

But, seriously, Moose...
What?

Aran

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Sorry Kimi, you'll have to get Fae's permission before you can jump on me.