• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

ANother Spring Cleaning Event? Anyone up for it?

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When was the last one? 2008?

We should have this every 2-3 years....helps clean-up some stuff, creates some excitement, introduce some cool fishing/pirate stuff as rewards maybe?

The last one we had worked out great. Exchange stuff for tickets of varying value.

Anyone else like to see this?

Alvinho

Great Lakes Forever!
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When was the last one? 2008?

We should have this every 2-3 years....helps clean-up some stuff, creates some excitement, introduce some cool fishing/pirate stuff as rewards maybe?

The last one we had worked out great. Exchange stuff for tickets of varying value.

Anyone else like to see this?
I sure have alot of the soul gems for them not to have a use............

B

Beer_Cayse

any takers we'll have Spring Cleaning before the video?

Omnius

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I sure have alot of the soul gems for them not to have a use............
soul gems are magic arrows. they hit like magic arrow and they are actually useful if the owner knows what they're doing.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Yes

Have tokuno minor and majors, well loads of crap to donate! castle full to get shot of

so YES PLS!

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Spring cleaning would be a good idea... not going to bet on it, though.

B

BeefSupreme

Yeah, I really miss special events like this.. Do it whenever you want, as much or as little as you want. It adds a bit of excitement to the game.

I liken it to Dave & Busters. You know you just have to get thousands of tickets, even when the 'prizes' you can claim with them are almost worthless, but the whole process is fun as hell.

Derium of ls

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Yeah, I really miss special events like this.. Do it whenever you want, as much or as little as you want. It adds a bit of excitement to the game.

I liken it to Dave & Busters. You know you just have to get thousands of tickets, even when the 'prizes' you can claim with them are almost worthless, but the whole process is fun as hell.

hey, clean up Brit gave some awesome items, a few that were way too useful ;)

S

Sevin0oo0

No, I already trashed most of mine, not much left anymore. I got a reindeer raised by Wilki, might trade that in, Not

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The Spring Cleaning or some program that is equivalant should always be in effect. Not just once every two years...

For the past few years I was saving my artifacts at hopes of anther spring clean up but I just don't do it anymore. After filling up my houses with tons of worthless artifacts that I will never use and have no purpose I pretty much said to hell with it and just cleaned it out and gave it all away.

Sure I'd like something for my trouble or when I receive an artifact that it actually has some value, Being able to donate it towards something that may later on end up being worthwhile but having a house full of useless/worthless items sit around for a few years just makes absolustely no sense.

Basically I'm tired of running out of storage. I'm tired of having a house of worthless artifacts. I'm tired waiting for the Devs to do a Spring Clean Up.

A Spring Clean Up needs to be incorporated as a permanent part of UO.:yell:

K

Kim Li of LS

Im up for another spring cleanup, certainly tok minors...it took me over 600 drops to to get a mempo in ToT3...and i still have most of them.

B

Bill Gates OSD

The mystery deepens... can't tell if that's a "yes", a "no", or a "maybe"... :)
The answer is that it is none of the above. It is a standard issue, non-answer (TM)(R) that is, in reality, a thinly veiled attempt to retain interest in the game as they scramble to make "the video" that was promised months ago that is supposed to answer the question as to whether or not they will waste their already way too thinly spread resources to code a classic shard to satisfy the few who are begging for one. Savvy? :mf_prop:

old gypsy

Grand Poobah
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
The answer is that it is none of the above. It is a standard issue, non-answer (TM)(R) that is, in reality, a thinly veiled attempt to retain interest in the game as they scramble to make "the video" that was promised months ago that is supposed to answer the question as to whether or not they will waste their already way too thinly spread resources to code a classic shard to satisfy the few who are begging for one. Savvy? :mf_prop:
Ah, well... as some say, "Hope springs eternal". In any case, We should find out soon. :)

Apetul

Rares Fest Host | LS April 2011
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ohhh cant wait for the next spring cleaning event !!

G

georgemarvin2001

I vote yes. I remember the first spring cleaning. I had a phoenix gorget, a phoenix leggings, a black dye tub, and an item bless deed. All really useful stuff back then. I used the item bless deed on a supremely accurate katana of vanquishing, which AOS turned into junk. Not that it had been all that valuable before; I only used it in emergencies, because it would have worn out in a matter of weeks if I had used it every day.
I just traded houses and left about 2,000 pieces of valuable junk I had collected over the years for the new owner of my old house. I had so many gold checks, rares and really nice armor and weapons in the bank that I just had no place to store them while I was moving.
Still, a spring cleaning event would be great. It would get rid of a ton of server clutter and give us something fun to do.
I agree that something like the spring cleaning event should be an ongoing thing, either every spring or just a permanent way to get rid of all the stuff we don't need. Ever since AOS, when monster loot was randomized and the number of items for most of them changed from either zero or one item in a set range, to anywhere from 3 to 30 items, and insurance and pof guaranteed that the stuff we use never wears out, it's accumulated way too fast.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Spring clean..... Ooo I'd like that.

phantus

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
EA Exec A: We didn't as many high seas boosters and we expected.
EA Exec B: I have an idea! A spring cleaning program that uses the worthless baits and books from the high seas booster for points.
EA Exec A: That's a great idea. Let's talk about it while we consider how many hundreds of employees we will be laying off before the next quarter end.

In all fairness, why not. They have been fun in the past.

B

Beer_Cayse

Cal's video on the game and things to come ... it was supposed to be released end of year, then mid-January, then end January.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Cal's video on the game and things to come ... it was supposed to be released end of year, then mid-January, then end January.
Oi.... again with the video.... Ack.....

*pukes* Now you have done it. so very sick of hearing about the freaking video..

I hope like heck it comes out soon so I can get back to discussing things that matter.:rant2:

Hell's Ironworks

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Spring cleaning , traders ... I would also like to know if i should hold on to my blue crystallized essences. I read like a year ago that they would come in handy ¨soon¨ ... Or did i miss the event involving them?

Oh and please let me trade in my smugglers spirits i have enough to keep all of atlantic drunk for hours and apart the rarer 3 bottles stuck togheter they are worthless. Kind of sad that they made them drop so often .

C

canary

Oi.... again with the video.... Ack.....

*pukes* Now you have done it. so very sick of hearing about the freaking video..
Well, if it had been released on time and not avoided like the plague you probably wouldn't see too many posts asking about it. I mean, Cal's statements regarding things like the classic shard decision are only going on three months late. :thumbup1:

Cetric

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
would love to see this, but one request. If you would.. please include old veteran rewards... i have more statues, robes/cloaks, and dye tubs than i know what to do with.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Honestly, going to have to say no to another pixel crack spring clean.

I'd prefer they work on actual ongoing content, finish the systems that need it, put out the arenas they ran bait & switch on the returnees from last year, finish SA, and fix HS content. Not to mention bringing the Bane mess to a close and rebuilding Magincia.

Then they can work on some pointless turn in for pixel crack.

E

Evlar

Honestly, going to have to say no to another pixel crack spring clean.

I'd prefer they work on actual ongoing content, finish the systems that need it, put out the arenas they ran bait & switch on the returnees from last year, finish SA, and fix HS content. Not to mention bringing the Bane mess to a close and rebuilding Magincia.

Then they can work on some pointless turn in for pixel crack.
The phrase "quality not quantity" springs to mind. Forgive the pun there. ;)

One thing that turned me off UO as is, was yet more pixel crack item additions, which invariably rendered what had gone previously, useless.

Adding more lame future-junk items gets old too fast. Especially if half of them and the systems that go with them, are rushed out and don't work properly.

Get the game working properly - and keep it working properly, before even entertaining the idea of adding yet more junk. If half the stuff out there worked properly and had some point to it, that would arguably retain more players than adding more pixel crack.

Just my opinion...

L

longshanks

im definately in for another turn in.

put in more animated rewards too, or a bed you can actually lie down in.

ohmyGED

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You are talking about a Spring Cleaning Event?

What the heck do you think the rebuilding of Maginica is going to be.....

DUH!

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
I personally enjoy new items. It gives me new goals and items to achieve. I would be very excited if there was a Spring Cleaning!

-OBSIDIAN-

J

jaashua

By the way, the thought that we might be having a Spring Cleanup Event is preventing me from throwing anything away.

soze

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
By the way, the thought that we might be having a Spring Cleanup Event is preventing me from throwing anything away.
Agree

I'm preventing myself from discarding anything that might carry value