• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another script?

Status
Not open for further replies.
C

Connor_Graham

I wasn't the one that brought up what they claimed. You did. You seem to believe them. I don't.
You're the one that's questioning it. It would only seem logical that the person that is doing the questioning actually ask the people that provided the facts the question. It's not all that hard a concept to understand.

I know because I actually talk to people that know for sure what accounts they use and how long they have used them.
Ah, so you admittedly associate with long term scripters? I guess we see which side of the fence you're standing on.

Another person that thinks disagreement equals 'shooting the messenger'.. My mistake. You are right! Every single scripter in the world is using fake cards and EA bans them instantly which is why we have no scripter problem!! Yes, that's it.
Please quote where I said every scripter uses them. I'm betting you won't be able to.

Argue? Yes, that is pointless. Discuss? I am all for it. But people like you clearly aren't. You just want confirmation and support of your views. So, have at it.
I stated a fact, not an opinion. Please try not to confuse the two. You're the one arguing it as if it was nothing more than my personal opinion.

Exactly. But for some reason you think only you can have an opinion about those facts. Right?
I didn't state an opinion of the fact, you did. I did nothing more than quote what they've already told us.

It is up to me, correct. And I did express my opinion about what I thought of those 'claims'. Nothing wrong with that.
I didn't say there was. What is wrong is you arguing with a statement of fact with someone that didn't make the statement to begin with. I merely repeated it. You're the one that disbelieves them, so once again, why don't you go and ask them since you seem to think they're a bunch of liars and are giving us false information?

D

D'Amavir

You're the one that's questioning it. It would only seem logical that the person that is doing the questioning actually ask the people that provided the facts the question. It's not all that hard a concept to understand.
The point was that YOU brought up the comment as if YOU believed it. But when someone else said they didn't believe it, you got upset.

Ah, so you admittedly associate with long term scripters? I guess we see which side of the fence you're standing on.
Now you are resorting to what you claim other people do to you. Cops are educated about gang activity so obviously they associate with gang members and support them. Come on now, be a little smarter than that. Especially if you are going to whine about people making baseless accusations about you.

Please quote where I said every scripter uses them. I'm betting you won't be able to.
EA/Mythic has already told us that most of the scripter and duper accounts are being paid for with stolen and/or fake credit cards, so no, they aren't making anything from them.
I merely pointed out that the majority of that minority don't pay for their accounts at all according to EA/Mythic
The only thing we do know for certain is that EA/Mythic told us most of the scripter/duper accounts are being (or not being in this case) paid for with stolen or fake credit cards.
I merely pointed out that EA's claim isn't accurate because they don't know how 'most' of the scripter accounts are being paid for. Because if they KNEW that they would be able to ban MOST of the scripter accounts. And, since they haven't banned MOST of the scripter accounts, my opinion on their claim is different than yours.

I stated a fact, not an opinion. Please try not to confuse the two. You're the one arguing it as if it was nothing more than my personal opinion.

I didn't state an opinion of the fact, you did. I did nothing more than quote what they've already told us.
I stated an opinion based on YOUR opinion that what EA said was fact. Is it your opinion, then, that what they said is not fact? So, what is the actual fact?

I didn't say there was. What is wrong is you arguing with a statement of fact with someone that didn't make the statement to begin with. I merely repeated it. You're the one that disbelieves them, so once again, why don't you go and ask them since you seem to think they're a bunch of liars and are giving us false information?
And again, I gave my OPINION about YOUR OPINION of what they said. I never said that they didn't say that. I simply said that I don't believe that is it true. You clearly do believe it is true. And, unlike you, I can accept that you have a different OPINION of mine. But don't try to label something as fact when its clearly not.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
One thing I can think of that would help EA to "discover" scripters is to have some sort of mechanism in place that would "monitor" any account that is logged on more than 10 hours a day... Especially if they are logging 15+ hours a day everyday... then those accounts should be ones that get a "personal" visit not from a GM but from an anonymous account perhaps a DEV member. If they are then observed scripting then that DEV member could not only perma ban the account but delete all it's holdings.

Most scripters run on autobot 24/7.... Even the ones in 3rd world countries that are "manned" 24/7 by sweatshop like tactics... These are the ones that need to be monitored.... if there was some way they could monitor hours logged in... that would certainly be a smart step.

Secondly they should have some sort of monitor in place for chest weight... where "x" amount of weight into a secure container gets a GM visit... And "X" could be randomized... so that scripters can not "discover" exactly what weight triggers a visit... Those who aren't scripting but have chests over "X" weight would be obvious... The offender might get some pop up at log in saying they "must" page a GM and explain the chest in question or something... Though I suppose there would be ways around that....

They could also have a trigger at bank boxes for anyone moving a large amount of commodity deeds... There are a hundred and one ways to put in triggers that would certainly catch a majority of scripters red handed...

They could also make some sort of trigger for the number of say Valorite Hammers that are on someones account.... anything over 3 should trigger... Since it would "extraordinarily" far fetched for ANYONE to get the bods to fill 3 valorite hammer deeds EVER... Infact the creation of ANY valorite hammers in game should trigger something and anyones account flagging more than one in a years time should get a serious look.....

D

D'Amavir

One thing I can think of that would help EA to "discover" scripters is to have some sort of mechanism in place that would "monitor" any account that is logged on more than 10 hours a day... Especially if they are logging 15+ hours a day everyday... then those accounts should be ones that get a "personal" visit not from a GM but from an anonymous account perhaps a DEV member. If they are then observed scripting then that DEV member could not only perma ban the account but delete all it's holdings.
I could definitely see the benefit in that. It won't stop everything but at least it would get more scripters on EA's radar.

Secondly they should have some sort of monitor in place for chest weight... where "x" amount of weight into a secure container gets a GM visit... And "X" could be randomized... so that scripters can not "discover" exactly what weight triggers a visit... Those who aren't scripting but have chests over "X" weight would be obvious... The offender might get some pop up at log in saying they "must" page a GM and explain the chest in question or something... Though I suppose there would be ways around that....
A good idea but, like you said, there are ways around it. With commodity deed boxes scripters could just add in a 'make commodity deed' section. Between tracking container weight and adding something to track how many commodity deeds someone makes in their chest, I am not sure how much work we are looking at for the devs.

They could also make some sort of trigger for the number of say Valorite Hammers that are on someones account.... anything over 3 should trigger... Since it would "extraordinarily" far fetched for ANYONE to get the bods to fill 3 valorite hammer deeds EVER... Infact the creation of ANY valorite hammers in game should trigger something and anyones account flagging more than one in a years time should get a serious look.....
Agreed there. BoD's that grant val hammers should actually just grant a deed for said hammer. Then that deed would have to be filled with a GM. Since the hammers are supposed to be extremely rare, its not like GM's would be tied up a lot doing the turn ins.

C

Connor_Graham

I merely pointed out that EA's claim isn't accurate because they don't know how 'most' of the scripter accounts are being paid for. Because if they KNEW that they would be able to ban MOST of the scripter accounts.
How would you know if they aren't banning accounts on a daily basis as soon as they find out the method of payment is from a stolen or fake credit card?

Answer- You don't.

How would you know if the same people whose scripter accounts just got banned didn't just turn right around and create yet another account with yet another stolen or fake credit card?

Answer- You don't. If you do, then you're as guilty as the people using the stolen credit cards.

Just the fact that you claim to "know" how "most" of the scripters are paying for their accounts, and know who they are as well, points to you being as guilty as Bill Clinton. If you'd done what you should have, then those scripters would have had their accounts banned a long time ago, since you would have turned them in. Not doing so makes you just as guilty as they are.

Since this "fact" has now been determined by your own admission, any further discussion is a waste of time since all you're doing is bandying semantics to make it seem that you actually know what you're talking about.

D

D'Amavir

How would you know if they aren't banning accounts on a daily basis as soon as they find out the method of payment is from a stolen or fake credit card?

Answer- You don't.
Who said that they aren't banning people that used fake cards? Surely not me. I said that MOST scripters, despite what EA claims and you support, aren't.

How would you know if the same people whose scripter accounts just got banned didn't just turn right around and create yet another account with yet another stolen or fake credit card?

Answer- You don't. If you do, then you're as guilty as the people using the stolen credit cards.
Again, who said that that isn't happening? Again, I said MOST scripters aren't using fake credit cards. Yes, I know that EA's claims they are. I don't believe its true.

Just the fact that you claim to "know" how "most" of the scripters are paying for their accounts, and know who they are as well, points to you being as guilty as Bill Clinton. If you'd done what you should have, then those scripters would have had their accounts banned a long time ago, since you would have turned them in. Not doing so makes you just as guilty as they are.
Guilty of what exactly?

Since this "fact" has now been determined by your own admission, any further discussion is a waste of time since all you're doing is bandying semantics to make it seem that you actually know what you're talking about.
What is the fact again? I must have missed it. But, you won't answer because you know, as I do, that you are wrong.

C

Connor_Graham

But, you won't answer because you know, as I do, that I'm wrong.
Fixed it for you. :thumbsup:

Now why don't you run off and play with your scripter friends. Maybe they'll give you a cookie for being on their side.

Status
Not open for further replies.