• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another request

Do you want bags of sending back to there original state?

• Total voters
L

Lore Master

After reading a post and trying it out myself i believe the bags of sending are practically useless now. i don't think its right that decent players like me have to be punished because of the scripters and farmers. so i would like the bag of sending to be put back to the way they originally where where bags with 30 charges would send 30 items no matter what weight as long as we can hold it and as long as its an item that can be sent. ill make this a poll so please vote or comment thanks.

K

Kiminality

Since the design change was targeting the flow of gold into the economy, not any particular group that used them, I vote "no".

Gildar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dislike the timing of the change, and that the change was made without additional fixes to back it up... but it was a step in the right direction. It should stay in (but things to make gold and item gathering more reasonable for dungeon crawls and similar situations should be added).

azmodanb

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dislike the timing of the change, and that the change was made without additional fixes to back it up... but it was a step in the right direction. It should stay in (but things to make gold and item gathering more reasonable for dungeon crawls and similar situations should be added).
Ya like a "Bank Mule" .. LOL :D

Black Sun

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My complaint with the changes is not because I have to make extra bank runs while hunting, I've accepted that and moved on. It's not so bad after all. My complaint is that it killed half my income. I had a vendor that was sole purpose was to sell bags and tranlocation powder. After that change went through, that particular vendor was dead. Before the change I had to restock it 3 times a week. After the change, I had it up for 3 weeks and only maybe got 5 sales at most. Eventually I ended up making him a rares vendor that isn't doing much better than he did. (I'm at a bad location for rares, it's mainly a staples/hunting supplies area.)

Basara

UO Forum Moderator
Professional
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
There's another option that should be there....

Go back to 1 charge per send, but charge 50 Gold per stone weight (coming from the player backpack if there, bank if not).

As 50 gold = 1 stone weight, this would eliminate sending of gold while allowing leather resources to be sent from the field using loot from creatures killed (but still wouldn't cover it all). A miner using a fire beetle could send ingots rather economically (10 ingots = 1 stone), but the lumberjackers would still have some issues (but it was the script-happy frostwood-for-collection jackers that helped bring the BoS change and the location randomization on).

C

canary

How can we still have scripters? The economy is so mussed up the almighty 'UO dollar' isn't worth much anymore.