• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

another question about imbuing..

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how hard or is it even possible to make an item like this

hiro sode arms
stam inc 7
phys 24
fire 22
cold 22
pois 20
ener 5

an item like this was made with vertite ingots with a val hammer.

can imbuing make such an item?

i understand the basics of imbuing weapons.. but armor is more confusing.

im guessing i would start with a plain metal hiro sode.. exceptional made from a bronze hammer hoping for the stam inc and one or two 20s?
then imbue up the other resists??
then finally try to enhance it with vertite ingots for more resists?

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Imbuing adds 500% intensity to a 500% intensity cap on exceptional items. So you could do that with a plain hammer, or you could work with a runic first to lower your cost.

Just remember to make any items in iron, and then enhance them after you are done imbuing, because for some silly reason you can't Imbue enhanced items.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks as if you didn't use an ash to get an exp made item. The increase and the 4 resist in the 20s tells me it has five mods and can get no more from inbueding. On top not made of basic resource like iron.

Nothing can get to 500% with imbueding. On beta trying to put the 5th 100% mod on an item it wouldn't let me. Had to lower it. Like trying to add as the last mod on a necklas - 8 dex. Would give message and not allow attempt. 120 skill gargish. It would allow the attempt at 7 dex with a 7.6% chance at success. Number of resources burned till it hit tells me noone would or should attempt it on production shards. After many fails I went down to 6 dex just to get it to stick.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I dont think, this can be done with imbuing ....
First problem: you forgot to mention the mage armour property which comes for free on exceptionla samurai plate armour. Usually this counts towards the imbuing limit of 500% worth of intensities.
Second problem: resists from beeing exceptional. Those get overwritten by imbuing and not adding the imbued value towards the existing resists.
Third problem: special material bonus. While it is possible to enhance something after imbuning it, the failure rate is high.

But we can do some simple maths to check, if resist can be done like you want.
Base resists of item: 5/3/2/3/2
Verite resists bonus: 3/3/2/3/1
Max imbued rsists: 15/15/15/15/0 (one imbue slot is needed for stamina)
Final reists: 23/21/19/21/(3 + bonus from beeing exceptional)
Wanted resits: 24/22/22/20/5 (+7 stami inc)

So actually this maybe can nearly be done. It depends on if the mages armour from beeing exceptional gets count into imbuing or not when it goes live. But it wont be cheap/easy to craft. With 5 propertys nearly at 100% you will need a gargoyle with 120 imbuing for that task. After you did the imbuing part, the chance on breaking that item on enhancing is very high. (But i am sorry, that I cant give you numbers for that chance.)

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looks as if you didn't use an ash to get an exp made item. The increase and the 4 resist in the 20s tells me it has five mods and can get no more from inbueding. On top not made of basic resource like iron.

Nothing can get to 500% with imbueding. On beta trying to put the 5th 100% mod on an item it wouldn't let me. Had to lower it. Like trying to add as the last mod on a necklas - 8 dex. Would give message and not allow attempt. 120 skill gargish. It would allow the attempt at 7 dex with a 7.6% chance at success. Number of resources burned till it hit tells me noone would or should attempt it on production shards. After many fails I went down to 6 dex just to get it to stick.
You might want to take a look at this Chart.
http://www.uoherald.com/guide/guide.php?guideId=282

So after watching the list you will see that 8dex =110%.
So if you allready had 400% that would be 510%, Not possible.
7 Dex on the other hand would make it 496,25%, Possible.

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Looking at my given numbers, I wonder, how such hiro sode arms could be possible. Are you shure, you dont have a typo in your values? *g*

Reason:
Differences between max imbued resists and those on you given arms can only come from beeing exceptionla. Differences lists as +1/+1/+3/-1/+2. Which means that crafted piece from a runic has 7% resists more than the imbued one. (The negative one only means that one runic property wasnt at 100% intensity). BUT runic crafted exceptional armour parts should only get 6% additional resist as exceptional bonus. So something is wrong here.

Uvtha

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Mods are weighted is why. Dex + is worth more than 1. Resists on the other hand arent, they count as just 1.0. So that piece is possible to imbue.

G

Gelf

Looking at my given numbers, I wonder, how such hiro sode arms could be possible. Are you shure, you dont have a typo in your values? *g*

Reason:
Differences between max imbued resists and those on you given arms can only come from beeing exceptionla. Differences lists as +1/+1/+3/-1/+2. Which means that crafted piece from a runic has 7% resists more than the imbued one. (The negative one only means that one runic property wasnt at 100% intensity). BUT runic crafted exceptional armour parts should only get 6% additional resist as exceptional bonus. So something is wrong here.
if he was using a human to craft with runic he gets 20 arms lore joat which would add the +1 resist( you get +1 resist for every 20 pts in arms lore max. +5 at gm)

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I dont think, this can be done with imbuing ....
First problem: you forgot to mention the mage armour property which comes for free on exceptionla samurai plate armour. Usually this counts towards the imbuing limit of 500% worth of intensities.
Second problem: resists from beeing exceptional. Those get overwritten by imbuing and not adding the imbued value towards the existing resists.
Third problem: special material bonus. While it is possible to enhance something after imbuning it, the failure rate is high.

But we can do some simple maths to check, if resist can be done like you want.
Base resists of item: 5/3/2/3/2
Verite resists bonus: 3/3/2/3/1
Max imbued rsists: 15/15/15/15/0 (one imbue slot is needed for stamina)
Final reists: 23/21/19/21/(3 + bonus from beeing exceptional)
Wanted resits: 24/22/22/20/5 (+7 stami inc)

So actually this maybe can nearly be done. It depends on if the mages armour from beeing exceptional gets count into imbuing or not when it goes live. But it wont be cheap/easy to craft. With 5 propertys nearly at 100% you will need a gargoyle with 120 imbuing for that task. After you did the imbuing part, the chance on breaking that item on enhancing is very high. (But i am sorry, that I cant give you numbers for that chance.)
When you imbue an item that already has that stat/resist on it, doesn't it over write the existing stat/resist? So the max resist anything could have is 15 after imbuing + whatever material you try to enhance it with after you are done imbuing it. I don't think it adds it all up. Val runic hammer with iron and you get lucky and max all the resists then you imbue with +15 would make a nice piece of armor.

X

XLaCeDX

I wonder if we will be getting imbuing talisman? (men?)

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Reason:
those arms are on legends shard in luna.. im on pac :(
i really would like those arms, but im on pac :(

they are only 500k on legends shard :(

i cant find arms like that on pac :(

arms not even close to those on pac sell for 5m+ :(

i really hope imbuing makes finding armor easier and cheaper..

sablestorm

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Might I add an imbuing question? I was looking through a bag of junk in my house and I found diamond rings. Can you imbue these?

T

The Fallout

I have my own question about Imbuing.

If I find an item on a monster, if it does not have max intensities can I imbue it?

Silverbird

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
if he was using a human to craft with runic he gets 20 arms lore joat which would add the +1 resist( you get +1 resist for every 20 pts in arms lore max. +5 at gm)
Dammned ... I really forgot to bring the armslore bonus into calculation....

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
When you imbue an item that already has that stat/resist on it, doesn't it over write the existing stat/resist? So the max resist anything could have is 15 after imbuing + whatever material you try to enhance it with after you are done imbuing it. I don't think it adds it all up. Val runic hammer with iron and you get lucky and max all the resists then you imbue with +15 would make a nice piece of armor.
When you imbue a resist, say physical, it replaces any bonuses that physical has gotten via runic properties and bonuses from exceptional/armslore.

You only get the +15 plus the base resist.

After imbuing, you can risk enhancing it to boost it even further. Just remember that it will likely break. If it does break, you have wasted your ingredients and any POFs you pre-used on it.