• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Possible Use for Blackrock-Idea

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Perhaps you could make it so maybe an imbuer or crafter could use a piece of blackrock to do a type of Enhancement attempt (same chances of breaking like craft enhance) but have it perhaps give a random set of element damage. Like you have a great weapon you made but its 100 physical damage, well you could have a crafter of the right type use blackrock to possibly give it another 100 element or perhaps 50/50 combo. Whatcha think?

V

Victoria Navarre

I like the idea,but I would prefer that the element was up to the imbuer and would make it 100% to the chosen element.

C

CroakerTnT

Perhaps for each piece of blackrock in your pack, you get a 5% chance of spawning a BR elemental, and also a 5% increase in your imbuing probability.

BR elementals should not be gwackable.

O

Old Man of UO

I'd like to see it as a blacksmith enhancement rather than imbuing, letting you enhance any non-artifact weapon. Then let's say an blackrock enhanced weapon would give a small chance of blockrock infecting the creature. I'd love to see a BR infected Navery!

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I still carry BR, but haven't seen any BR infected critters lately. It's turned off still?
I don't get why they introduced crystalline BR and didn't just use the original BR. Duping? Hoarding? Why not just wipe the old BR then?

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I just wish they would turn blackrock infection back on. I miss it.

As for a use for it... I always thought it would be a good imbuing item...

If you use it though you have a chance to be blown up, to destroy the item.... whatever..... but thought it should allow you to add another 10 points to something..... like instead of adding 100 luck you would add 110... but failure broke the item or blows you up... Or if you add 30 SSI then its 40... but you can only do it once per item... Also it owuld not count toward the final "worth" of the item... in other words you can go beyond normal with it... but only if it's applied to the FINAL item... So if you imbue a bow with 40 SSI first... the next thing you go to put on will count the full 40 to it's weight .... but if you do it last.... it won't count it until after completion... it'll only count 30. This would keep the risk high.

But you would also still be able to "enhance" the item..... but again your risk would be even higher... and you would risk getting blown up... and the total weight would count toward your chance to enhance.

Also.... I'd like to see us able to blackrock infuse a soulforge, anvil, and forge...

Giving added bonus to chances but using some sort of "charges"... until the infusion wore off... this would increase the ability to enhance, and imbue as well as to craft "exceptional" items... And it would add to the durability of items.

Hildebrand

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think imbuing is fine the way it is. I don't think we need an ingredient to make uber items even more uber.

Something like what Old Man suggests is awesome. Not an imbalance, but adds more chance for some fun!

G

Geoffery

Treat is as another ore(ish!) type for blacksmithy. *Blackrock Plate Gloves* I'm not even sure I'd care if they had resists outside of normal iron!

But most of all, I miss the voices in my head from my infected blackrock mage... :sad3: He's lonely without his voices!!!

Xalan Dementia

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
nice ideas, maybe a new suit? Blackrock Infused Platemail and/or Blackrock Infused Studded Leather. set armor with some neat mods maybe.
could even make the armor require recharging with blackrock.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I like the forge use ideal. But make it per 1 BR adds 10 charges to your forge so it woks as the queens does. Saves running around and nothing uber gained to reward the scripters.

I would like to see the infection turned back on. There are a few more well earned chest out there I like to have. Like a valorite elemental.