• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Positive GM Experience :)

Nine Dark Moons

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I want to say a huge thank you to GM Kerlean!!! Today I managed to actually place a new house where an idoc house fell on GL (the house was empty, but i wanted the plot which is right on the main road in Zento square). However, half the 15x11 size plot was taken up by burning rubble from Draconi's flame fest *misses Draconi*. So I placed a small house and decided it couldn't hurt to page a GM and ask if they could get rid of the fire since it's been there for months.

So I paged, and not even 10 minutes later I got a reply from GM Kerlean saying he/she would look into the situation and hopefully resolve it, and if not, that I should page again soon. So I figured, "OK, that's a better reply than I expected, I'm still not going to expect anything to happen for a few weeks, but maybe that got the ball rolling...". So I recalled to the Rares Fest to check out the new wares. Recalled back to the Zento house not even 2 hours later and the fire is GONE!!! :)

HOORAY!!! THANK YOU SO MUCH, GM Kerlean, for your amazingly fast reply and incredibly fast action to my problem. I just resized my house to the full 15x11 size the plot will accommodate now that I'm not sharing it with fire. I AM A HAPPY GIRL!!!

Miriandel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
GMs are cool most of the time, I remember when paging them to get that gold pile that fell under the pentagram... for the 10th time :lol:

Xenobia

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lately I have had nothing but good things to say about the GM's (MY WEDDING RING CAN BE LOCKED DOWN NOW!!! WOOHOO) They must be listening to us :thumbup1:

hungry4knowhow

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I havent paged in quite awhile but this is awesome! I dont think I've ever seen three GM Hoorah's in one thread EVER. atleast not in the last 5-10years.

S

sevan

Lately I have had nothing but good things to say about the GM's. They must be listening to us :thumbup1:
The way I see it - finally someone at EA Mythic support woke up and realized that CS needs to be doing a better job servicing what customers are left at this point. Hhmmm... The other theory is that they are finally listening ... either way 2010 is off to a good start.

J

JL from Europa

Wait... there are girls playing UO these days?!?

j/k :D
Few weeks back I was moving a chest full of resources around the house then all of a sudden it drops under the floor. I paged a GM and about half an hour later when I was working around the house the chest suddenly moved from under the floor, I didn't see the GM. I received a message saying it was done but the advice not to move heavy chests around my house anymore, which ofcourse I will do anyways!

Chap

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Over the ten years of UO ive had to deal with a few GMs, on various shards. My experience is that they are doing a good job and care about the players.

I think the main miss intepretation of GMs come from players who dont know what a GM can do and can not do. Many seem to be requesting things that are way outta hands of a GM job.

I do however warn about the transformation of GM services to automatic answering bots giving out urls left and right, as we saw four years ago. Alot of complaints in terms of 'bad service' came from this.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I agree with Chap, I've always had good experiences with GMs. I think it all depends on how well you describe your problem.

For example paging 'I can't place my house!!!!' would probably cause a canned response.

Paging the proper problem 'I can't place my house as a water trough from the previous house is still there and needs deleted' will get it deleted (I know, as thats exactly what I paged a few days ago)

S

Splup

Btw.

I remember that GM names were sensored from posts where someone gave negative feedback, but atleast in this thread the name is still there.

We are allowed to give positive feedback with names but not negative?

B

Beastmaster

Btw.

I remember that GM names were sensored from posts where someone gave negative feedback, but atleast in this thread the name is still there.

You noticed that too, eh? Well I believe in the old goose and gander addage myself. This thread is why I mentioned the GMs name in my thread where the results were negative. Watch it get me slapped.

Surgeries

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Btw.

I believe the logic is that they are unable to come to these boards and post to defend themselves against negative railings...it isn't allowed.

So, to praise needs no defense. I am sure they would like to say Thanks, but can't do that either, from what I understand.

It makes sense to me. I have never had a bad GM experience in the 12 years I've played. I am sure some do, but overall, my wife and my experiences have been all positive.

Mapper

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The rule is that GM names should be censored on both good and bad feedback, But hardly any of these rules are inforced anymore :)