• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Old Player.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Hello to you taming comunity!
I havnt played UO in about 2 years or so but i activated 2 of my accounts on the europa shard. I just returned to see how the new factions worked out :) Last time i played, PvP was kinda gimped tbh. Im going to dust of my old tamer to be able to grind myself some money/items to start with-

Still havnt been able to play anything since i reactivated my account but i know for sure that i had 120 Lore/Vet/Peace/Music on my tamer. However i have no idea how much taming my char have, could be anyting betwen 70-90. If i understand things correctly there is a couple of new pets out there. Greater Dragons and some strange kind of dread stead? Are there any other new pets around?
When i last played runebeetle/mare or runebeetle/kitsune was the best combo if i remember correctly. Do this new pets preform better then the old mare/beetle combo?
I would allso like to know how much taming i need to get to 99% controll chanse of a greater dragon when I have 120 Animal Lore.

Anything ellse that have changed greatly for a tamer?
It will be a blast to return to sosaria any help from my belowed taming comunity would be appreciated!

Best Regards!

F

Frey Wavestrider

Hello to you taming comunity!
I havnt played UO in about 2 years or so but i activated 2 of my accounts on the europa shard. I just returned to see how the new factions worked out :) Last time i played, PvP was kinda gimped tbh. Im going to dust of my old tamer to be able to grind myself some money/items to start with-

Still havnt been able to play anything since i reactivated my account but i know for sure that i had 120 Lore/Vet/Peace/Music on my tamer. However i have no idea how much taming my char have, could be anyting betwen 70-90. If i understand things correctly there is a couple of new pets out there. Greater Dragons and some strange kind of dread stead? Are there any other new pets around?
When i last played runebeetle/mare or runebeetle/kitsune was the best combo if i remember correctly. Do this new pets preform better then the old mare/beetle combo?
I would allso like to know how much taming i need to get to 99% controll chanse of a greater dragon when I have 120 Animal Lore.

Anything ellse that have changed greatly for a tamer?
It will be a blast to return to sosaria any help from my belowed taming comunity would be appreciated!

Best Regards!
Welcome back, yes there are some new pets, Greaters and Dreads both need more taming than you have currently, 104.1 and 107.1 repectively. Dread Warhorses no longer spawn at this time, so if you want one you will need to find one for sale. They are very powerful in combo with a mare or kitsune. The Rune beetle combos still work really well. Hope that helps. The taming community on these boards are very helpful so posting here is a good start when returning.

ZidjiN

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ahh thanks for the reply Frey !
So i need 104.1 taming and 120 lore to be able to controll a greater dragon, thats good news! I was worried that i would need like 120 taming...!

I did read something about Scrolls Of Transcendence and scrolls of alacrity. Ive got a bunch of alacrity scrolls since i played last time but i dont really understand what a Scroll Of Transcendence is? For me it sounds like the same thing as an alacrity scroll.
Where can i get a Scroll Of Transcendence?
Do the scrolls of alacrity still spawn?

Thanks in advance! :D

F

Frey Wavestrider

Ahh thanks for the reply Frey !
So i need 104.1 taming and 120 lore to be able to controll a greater dragon, thats good news! I was worried that i would need like 120 taming...!

I did read something about Scrolls Of Transcendence and scrolls of alacrity. Ive got a bunch of alacrity scrolls since i played last time but i dont really understand what a Scroll Of Transcendence is? For me it sounds like the same thing as an alacrity scroll.
Where can i get a Scroll Of Transcendence?
Do the scrolls of alacrity still spawn?

Thanks in advance! :D
Glad to be of some help. SOT's are drops at champ spawns in Fel, Ish or Sleeping dragon in Tokuno. You get them for working the spawn and do not even need to reach the boss to get one. They are instant gains in the skill they are for and I believe you can get up to .5 in the Non Fel spawns and up to 1.0 in Fel. I am sure someone will correct me if I am in error.