• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another noob!

Rysonis

Visitor
Played on offical and private servers in the 90s/ 00s. Was pleasantly surprised that the game is still around!

Anyway, just downloaded and patched the game. Rolling on the pacific server. Time to start looking at the different skills and builds!

PS are guilds still a thing?

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
Welcome back. Stratics has a vast amount of information in the forums to help you catch up. UOguide.com is handy for looking up skills in the skill list, as well as quest and montsers. Even if it is a bit out of date in some areas. Plenty here are handy with the keyboard if you have any questions.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
This may help with some inspiration in what you can do.

Rysonis

Visitor
Thanks for the welcome, guys!

@Billy Butcher thanks for the guide!

Is there a list of updated "meta" builds? I am leaning towards a sampire build (from UO Guide), but would like to set up a caster/ gish build later down the line for pve and pvp.

Billy Butcher

Journeyman
UNLEASHED
The warrior forums have many conversations on sampire builds. Also I have read the UOguide sampire build which is very dated.
This one is more of end game builds for sampires, Modern Sampire
There are many more if you dig deeper , but once you start building you can ask questions in the warrior forum and many who responded to these will impart knowledge for you as well.
PvP I have no idea. UO Spellcaster the spell caster forums also has builds. If you need specifics one could post and get answers. Mage/Mystic/Spellweaver is very popular for PvE and there are variations on this build. Rising Colossus from Mystic skill at 120 skill with 120 focus is very powerful for a summonable tank that takes five slots.

celticus

Crazed Zealot
UNLEASHED
Welcome back to the game. I thought NOOB was my name. It has been my specialty for years now. Welcome on board!