• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another MyUO Post

polanco

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Anyone hear any chances that they will fix MyUO with the new team?
With the newly released player guide comes new hope ?
Maybe?

*crosses fingers*

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Well not just fix MYUO, but if anything, fix the guild and character searches at the very least, I know FREE-SHARDS that have the same exact function on their websites.. It shouldn't be difficult...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I can only hope they are working on it. Yes while I realize I have MY guild on my own person available to me... what sucks is when I'm trying to figure out who someone is and if they are in a potentially dangerous guild.... I'm not about to offer someone a war without first knowing who all they have in their guild.

There were hundreds of uses for MYUO including we used to track how well our Squires (Young players) were doing with their skill training by having them allow it to be public so we could track their progress and give them pointers if need be in raising skills.

Now that chore is difficult at best and terribly out of character.

Velvathos

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I can only hope they are working on it. Yes while I realize I have MY guild on my own person available to me... what sucks is when I'm trying to figure out who someone is and if they are in a potentially dangerous guild.... I'm not about to offer someone a war without first knowing who all they have in their guild.

There were hundreds of uses for MYUO including we used to track how well our Squires (Young players) were doing with their skill training by having them allow it to be public so we could track their progress and give them pointers if need be in raising skills.

Now that chore is difficult at best and terribly out of character.
Also, let's be honest, the function gave every single active guild a reason to compete, including factions, you could always see who had the most faction points and kills and which guilds had the most members, which added in some competition between guilds.. Oh and you could look up their websites, which came in GREAT handy for guilds that did have sites... There is ZERO reason to run your own guild anymore and if it is for RP purposes, good luck, it has become extremely difficult not knowing which guilds are active and which ones are not and not..

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I agree being in RP myself it's hard to find us if you don't know where to look and who to ask. Some do but I always wonder how many go away sad because they couldn't find the RP community on our shard.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
UOGuilds.com although lacks the function of the old guild search on the site is a guild data base growing in population any guild can be listed by applying for a guild listing. and anyone can look up their shard to see what guilds are on there :)

it basically gives guilds the chance to share what they are about, their websites and forums locations and how to join :)

W

Woodsman

They did new websites for Warhammer and Camelot, and they haven't restored the functionality that was similar to MyUO, so I don't have a lot of hope at this point. I think it's just a matter of having to meet whatever security standards EA now has in place for the website stuff.

It seems like the only EA games that have this kind of stuff probably have full-time developers for their websites. If there is a security problem, you need to have somebody that you can call up at 2 in the morning to fix it, and none of the EA Mythic games have that kind of staff.

W

Woodsman

UOGuilds.com although lacks the function of the old guild search on the site is a guild data base growing in population any guild can be listed by applying for a guild listing. and anyone can look up their shard to see what guilds are on there :)

it basically gives guilds the chance to share what they are about, their websites and forums locations and how to join :)
I looked around a bit, and maybe I didn't see it, but do you all have something about guilds looking for specific types of players/specific templates?

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There were several hints a while back that a new website is in the works. Give it al ittle time and I'm sure we'll see something good!

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter

It's a poor substitute and not everyone participates.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I looked around a bit, and maybe I didn't see it, but do you all have something about guilds looking for specific types of players/specific templates?
No But it might be worth putting it in the application a question like "What type of player would suit your guild?"

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
It's a poor substitute and not everyone participates.
It was never going to be as grand as what they had.. mainly because they had the data bases for all the info.. We get applications for new listings and add them asap. Think of it like a phone book for guilds...

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
It was never going to be as grand as what they had.. mainly because they had the data bases for all the info.. We get applications for new listings and add them asap. Think of it like a phone book for guilds...
I'll say this... I have been around a long long time in UO... but even I who typically is on top of most everything in game.... only read 2 forums... my own (those of the GL RPC) and Stratics. And I'll be 100% honest... 75% of the players left in UO don't even read Stratics.... the idea that they might look at some other website for guild information.... sorry to say it's even less likely that they would.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
I'll say this... I have been around a long long time in UO... but even I who typically is on top of most everything in game.... only read 2 forums... my own (those of the GL RPC) and Stratics. And I'll be 100% honest... 75% of the players left in UO don't even read Stratics.... the idea that they might look at some other website for guild information.... sorry to say it's even less likely that they would.
You might be right, but the site is there none the less for the ones who do want to look it up... As I sad we are adding guilds that want to be there and directing people to the site when and if they want to look up a guild. If you choose not to look at it then that is your choice.

What I will say on your above reply is perhaps if you tried other places/sources you might find something that interests you on top of what you already have of course you might not.. But it can't hurt :)

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You might be right, but the site is there none the less for the ones who do want to look it up... As I sad we are adding guilds that want to be there and directing people to the site when and if they want to look up a guild. If you choose not to look at it then that is your choice.

What I will say on your above reply is perhaps if you tried other places/sources you might find something that interests you on top of what you already have of course you might not.. But it can't hurt :)
it only has minor bits of guild info though, can't even really compare it to myUO who's primary purpose was the info on individual players in the guild, faction standings, etc...

I think myUO though is just like every other UO feature players have loved in the past though, they found some minor bug in it and instead of fixing it they dont want to "waste" the money so it's permanantly "shelved" so they can work on "other things"....aka they got rid of it so they don't have to spend money fixing it but don't want players to know that.

Rupert Avery

Sage
Stratics Veteran
it only has minor bits of guild info though, can't even really compare it to myUO who's primary purpose was the info on individual players in the guild, faction standings, etc...

I think myUO though is just like every other UO feature players have loved in the past though, they found some minor bug in it and instead of fixing it they dont want to "waste" the money so it's permanantly "shelved" so they can work on "other things"....aka they got rid of it so they don't have to spend money fixing it but don't want players to know that.
Yes it only has minor info.. because its the info supplied by the guild owner....
We will never have the information they had because it is their data bases that collected, updated and stored the info. We would not be allowed to have access to this information.

If you think we are missing something from the information we give about guilds then please let us know either here, By PM or on UOForums and we can add it in tot he application form. We are consistently looking to improve on UOGuilds :)

W

Woodsman

So looking at something else, I found what Jeff said about it in March

[NEWS] Sosaria Reels Interviews Jeff Skalski | Page 2 | Stratics Forums

MYUO is a much tougher beast to slay. Security issues is why we had to pull it down. Once we have the new uo.com together I'll be pushing to get some more resources to see what we can due about rolling out MYUO 2.
He got the new player guide out sooner than expected, he got extra resources for the graphics update, I think he can get more resources for MyUO, but I think the problem is that they have to have somebody in charge of it. Corporate security policies don't normally allow you to setup websites that pull data from other parts of the company (or game in this case) and not have somebody responsible for it.