• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

another month, no idocs

• Thread starter tiggertessa2007
  • Start date
  • Watchers 2
Status
Not open for further replies.
T

tiggertessa2007

i know people get sick of seeing this topic but just wondering if theres been any word yet, since another month has gone by.......i mean they did a great job on shame really, but any kind of hunting only holds my attention for so long. i need to idoc, its the only aspect of UO that keeps me playing......im about to turn my accounts off till their back up :(

temu

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
What a vulture.

You will deactivate your account(s) because you can't pick up loot from a fallen house? You're missing out on what UO has to offer if you aren't enjoying working with friends to take down bosses and looting high end items legitimately.

I like IDOCs sometimes, but they don't define my UO experience.

T

tiggertessa2007

why on earth would i hunt with a group of people, to kill a boss which may or may not have the item i want, an item that may go to someone else in the party....when i can just loot other peoples hard work.....i think its kinda sad that everyone dosent idoc.....its also kinda funny they get on here and whine cause other people do. brother i really dont care what any of you pixels think about me, youll still buy the goods.

T

tiggertessa2007

What a vulture.

You will deactivate your account(s) because you can't pick up loot from a fallen house? You're missing out on what UO has to offer if you aren't enjoying working with friends to take down bosses and looting high end items legitimately.

I like IDOCs sometimes, but they don't define my UO experience.
lol yeah i like that vulture comment to, i guess gettin free loot makes me a vulture, if people are stupid enuff to leave it there you can bet your happy a$$ ima loot it

LadyNico

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Others' account safety > Your boredom threshhold

Here's hoping IDOCs remain off throughout the holiday season since there are still a fair few folks wandering in dazed & confused by the account migration fiasco.

T

tiggertessa2007

i dont really wish that anyone would lose their stuff due to EA's screw up, but on the same note i dont really care either..... i just think that if EA hasnt fixed peoples accounts by now their most likely not going to :( so they either need to cut their losses and turn em back on or fix peoples accounts. its ben a reasonable amount of time for either.

T

tiggertessa2007

Here's hoping IDOCs remain off throughout the holiday season since there are still a fair few folks wandering in dazed & confused by the account migration fiasco.
its not just me that wants em back on, lots do....most people just dont like to be as outright blunt as i am.

Flutter

Always Present
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awards

We were assured we would get fair warning before they turned housing decay back on.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what was said in prior posts the CS is holding off decay till all the bugs are worked out and they will notify us all to give any who are still in trouble time to yell loud enough to get help before its reinstated.

Look .... I can understand your wish to do idocs.. for the record though.. each house we loose is a player who might be stuck getting their accounts on. I would fight for your rights as much as their if the shoe was on the other foot.

Please be patient.

W

Woodsman

Look .... I can understand your wish to do idocs.. for the record though.. each house we loose is a player who might be stuck getting their accounts on.
Every house that is lost due to a bug would represent a player who is likely to never come back. I don't mind them taking the time to get this right with the new system.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Every house that is lost due to a bug would represent a player who is likely to never come back. I don't mind them taking the time to get this right with the new system.
Yes. They do need to get the bugs worked out first and they've obviously not been able to do so yet.

There is so much more that's unique to this game of UO than just IDOCs. IDOCs never appealed much to me since the items in those houses belonged another person. It's stuff I didn't earn.

IDOCs have been part of UO since the beginning and will continue to be, later, after they get some of the most pressing problems solved. It's December and Seasonal Holidays starting .. so we can't expect too much to be done until next year. Many vets are returning to the game now for the holidays.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Look .... I can understand your wish to do idocs.. for the record though.. each house we loose is a player who might be stuck getting their accounts on.
Ok, well that's all good and everything, and I agree, but, how much time is enough?

It's been going on four months here shortly. How much longer do we wait? Six months, nine months? A full year?

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ok, well that's all good and everything, and I agree, but, how much time is enough?

It's been going on four months here shortly. How much longer do we wait? Six months, nine months? A full year?
Who knows. I wouldn't be surprised to learn that between the bad economy and loss of jobs in real life, combined with the migration of account problems and various other problems in the game, many players have already quit - - so many that, if UO puts IDOC into effect, the lands would suddenly be full of decaying buildings.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
From what Jeff has said to me in a tweet, the reason there are no IDOC's is becuase there is one hell of a bug with that code. As far as I'm aware there are no other reasons why house decay is turned off.

Like Tessa has said though if there are still people with account issues now then either they really havent made an effort to get it sorted or EA wont bother to fix it now.

Ezekiel Zane

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Which bug(s) is he talking about though? The bugs that existed before the account migration or is it still the account migration itself that's holding up turning house decay back on?

If he's talking about the Welcome back / Return to Brit houses and the Owned by OSI houses, those were bugged before the account migrations.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
to be honest I'm not sure but the way he was talking was a bug with the interface between the database and the game. But that is just my guess. He has also said there there are a number of bugs that they are working on. Once they get those done I believe a Return to Britannia will be run again (as we missed our turn this year)

M

McValdemar

I just walked Ice Island yesterday and many spots are empty now. So not so sure if some house can still become IDOC.
My fear is that if they'll turn on again IDOC many houses will collapse and the world will look more and more empty.
Ok, we'll have fun picking up some cool items but, after that, the world will look more and more uninhabited.
Most of the houses are not even decorated, vendors mostly empty, imho a large part of the houses are just left forgotten out there.

Salivern_Diago

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I guess thats when consolidation of the shards become viable. To be honest, we could loose half the US Shards and maybe Drachs. Then the remaining shards would seem full again. TBH It might not be a bad idea to start looking at that option?

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i know people get sick of seeing this topic but just wondering if theres been any word yet, since another month has gone by.......i mean they did a great job on shame really, but any kind of hunting only holds my attention for so long. i need to idoc, its the only aspect of UO that keeps me playing......im about to turn my accounts off till their back up :(
I am not sick of seeing this topic brought up. I to wish the idocs would start again. I am so tired of hearing about account migration problems. Like a poster said if it has not been fixed by now it probably won't be. Its going on 4 months now and IMO the reason some are saying they do not want the idocs turned back on is so they can keep the 1 or more accounts they have with houses on them without paying and not have to worry about them falling.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Simple solution, if you play to IDOC and IDOCing is off just let your accounts close and find something else to do until they get off their butts and fix it. Vote with your wallet! It's not like your houses are going to fall. I won a worthless Fel New Magincia house, let the account close that same month I placed it and the damn things still there...

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
why on earth would i hunt with a group of people, to kill a boss which may or may not have the item i want, an item that may go to someone else in the party....when i can just loot other peoples hard work.....i think its kinda sad that everyone dosent idoc.....its also kinda funny they get on here and whine cause other people do. brother i really dont care what any of you pixels think about me, youll still buy the goods.
Lol? What a joke you are. Not only are you too lazy to earn your own crap, you're also too lazy to read the UO news for yourself and are expecting us to spoonfeed it to you? Here's a thought; RUN AROUND AND SEE IF THERE ARE ANY IDOCS.

None of us "pixels" care if you want your IDOCS back, do your bottom feeding yourself.

Lady Storm

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
OK
Here is one senario you havent thought of and I hope never happens.
Lets say you all push for IDOC's to be back on and for sake of argument this "bug" is a real humdinger.
Setting: East Coast Shards
Time : End of mantence
Sun comes up for the east players and life on UO takes a blood bath... 1 house in luna falls without warning all items are on the ground mad dash to grab placement suddenly the house next door falls with the same flurish...... then another and another! All hell breaks loose as homes poof across the shards.... Dev do the mad scramble to pull the shards down asap for a revert as players Scream their heads off that they just lost everything.

Do you really think this could happen? Yes I do. UO is known for its weird bugs and I for one wont put it past this very thing to happen.
You push and prod the Dev at every step they take, nipping at their heals to do it faster. Well kiddo's Rome was not built in a day and code is hell to sift through for one buggie piece of it that would do great harm to the game.

I do IDOC's like the rest of you and had great times doing them in the past. The only thing I see in pushing this faster is pushing my luck that a bug such as what I described would happen.

Could you see this on Atlantic..... or lake Sup??? You would hear them screaming with out your speakers! WE might even see the last day of UO this way as I doubt many would come back. The stress would be too much for some. Even if a few houses went due to this do you really want to take that risk it wont be your house that gets the axe??

twoburntfouryou

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me....But if I recall IDOCS HAVE BEEN A PART OF THIS GAME FOR HOW LONG? :wall: I do not get why others call people who do idocs "bottom feeders". And do not insult my intelligence by saying that if a castle that is loaded with stuff went idoc that you would not be there with the rest of your shard waiting for it to fall.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
i dont really wish that anyone would lose their stuff due to EA's screw up, but on the same note i dont really care either..... i just think that if EA hasnt fixed peoples accounts by now their most likely not going to :( so they either need to cut their losses and turn em back on or fix peoples accounts. its ben a reasonable amount of time for either.
I don't have anything against idocers per se. I had a short stretch when I had time to do them and I just love Sarsmi, who used to do them devotedly. But I would never want it to be because players unwittingly lost their homes because of the account migration. It's actually a big deal and it wasn't handled well. The fact that you blatantly just don't care is just disgusting. I guess you made through it all ok.

Gospel

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Excuse me....But if I recall IDOCS HAVE BEEN A PART OF THIS GAME FOR HOW LONG? :wall: I do not get why others call people who do idocs "bottom feeders". And do not insult my intelligence by saying that if a castle that is loaded with stuff went idoc that you would not be there with the rest of your shard waiting for it to fall.
Umm, considering your reply is essentially a response to your own assumption of my definition and in this case direction of the term "bottom-feeders," you're really only insulting your own intelligence, not to mention making a public display of how little of it there is to insult.

My heated reply was in response to Tessa's god awful attitude, not her practice of IDOCing.

As for doing IDOCs personally, I think they're fun but I don't enjoy fighting people for stuff, and IDOCs tend to bring out the worst in people (see OP).

Anyways use some of your alleged "intelligence" next time please before shooting your mouth off and picking fights with people when you obviously don't understand what they're saying.

Status
Not open for further replies.