• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Loot Discussion

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK, so where can you reliably hunt for high end gargoyle items? Slasher/Stygian/Medusa loot is 99.9 percent just garbage. Did 5 slashers this morning and managed 1 greater artifact, nothing higher. Most of the loot was major/greater magic items. Really? Off slasher? Tried a couple Stygian Dragons, was the same... and Medusa seemed like she was even worse.

I don't recall every seeing any on Scalis or Corgul... I think Gargoyle items must be completely excluded from their loot table.

Shame was supposed to be gargoyle, but the revamp left pretty well everything in there as trash.

So that leaves only Exodus?

Anyone else had any good luck on something I am missing?

Devs... any plans to adjust here? At least maybe open up the loot table on the High Seas bosses?

CovenantX

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Exodus & the Ararat Boss are the only two that I know of, but Exodus is far better if you're going after gargish loot... Ararat Boss drops pretty high-end stuff most of the time, but atleast 95% of it is human only.

Ter-mur t-maps should be pretty good too though.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I have done some level 6 and 7 maps... my issue with those (besides the fact that the loot was downgraded) is there is no place to hunt for the maps. Level 6 maps are random in the chests so even at best you are talking about 1 in 6 to even get a Ter Mur map.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Slasher seems to have something like a 10-20% chance to drop a random legendary. Still never got a good gargoyle armor piece from him. Have not done enough abyssal infernals, but the loot on them didnt look exactly bad. Just slow to farm. Stygian dragon, also nothing from him, but he is to easy to farm. Navrey has mongbat loot. Night terror and minions of scelestus also nothing, and these are on par with peerless in difficulty. Didnt try lich spawn yet.

HoneythornGump

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
10-20% chance to drop a random legendary is what we need across the board on all Champions & Peerless.

Right now most of content, outside of 2-3 encounters, is hovering at 2%.

You have a better chance at pulling a Crimson Cincture off a Peerless than you do a Legendary Artifact.

Yeah Peerless and Champion Spawns may not be the hardest, however they require a time investment and as such should have a chance at a reward.

A 17 year old game with only 2-3 bosses worth fighting...:rolleyes:

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
To me it seems, in terms of time investment, there is a better chance to get a legendary or a high value item from some overland or regular mobs then from champs/peerless. Just because some of them can be farmed at a much higher speed with way more rng chance to drop something useful. But i play single player uo anyway.

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
OK, so where can you reliably hunt for high end gargoyle items? Slasher/Stygian/Medusa loot is 99.9 percent just garbage. Did 5 slashers this morning and managed 1 greater artifact, nothing higher. Most of the loot was major/greater magic items. Really? Off slasher? Tried a couple Stygian Dragons, was the same... and Medusa seemed like she was even worse.

I don't recall every seeing any on Scalis or Corgul... I think Gargoyle items must be completely excluded from their loot table.

Shame was supposed to be gargoyle, but the revamp left pretty well everything in there as trash.

So that leaves only Exodus?

Anyone else had any good luck on something I am missing?

Devs... any plans to adjust here? At least maybe open up the loot table on the High Seas bosses?
And if you're looking for gargoyle LRC med armor, you're even more out of luck. It's almost always thrower or dexxer armor. Which is silly because gargoyle came out with mysticism as well as throwing.

Klapauc

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Or looking for good dexxer jewelry. Stuff like 10int, 5 mana,4mr,18 sdi,10lmc,1fc is pretty common it seems both antique and prized, actually good overcapped or imbuable dexxer stuff, now thats hard work to farm up.

BeaIank

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
Andross in Despise drops gargoyle stuff.
But it most of it is garbage, there are very few stuff marked as artifacts and that fight is a major bore.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Seems to me that if the high end loot table (power wise) is going to be so restrictive, the bosses that have it need to have the full loot table (item wise) available.