• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another idoc thread

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I havent seen this talked about yet. All the vendors that are on houses that go idoc are being deleted. The vendor items do not drop. The gold from the vendors do not drop, and neither is there a pouch with the vendor clothing items. I'm hoping this can be fixed.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It seems that this is just another side effect of the Idoc changes, another is that some Idocs go to OSI, run through the decay cycle and then just do not fall but go to 'Demolition Pending' . I believe that all this came about after the emergency fix for the Shard Shield episode and was unintended. I hesitate to ask for deliberate changes to the system, because what might happen then, is anyone's guess.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is not a very new bugged behavior (or is it intentional?). At least since the unannounced timer changes, maybe earlier, player vendors went poof instead of leaving their belongings on the ground in a backpack as they did before.

Kirthag

Former Stratics Publisher
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
I know for a fact that an IDOC with vendors in it will not drop, but will go to OSI ownership. That is intended so that vendor owners can have extra time to gather up their vendor items/gold. This happened to me. Also witnessed such action on several homes that were idoc, then went to OSI right before my eyes.

Basically, the house will continue to "refresh" with "Demolition Pending" and OSI ownership for about 2 weeks (9 days plus some vendor contract thing dictates the timing here - not sure exactly though on this). Then, regardless of vendors being in the house or not, the house will be dropped without any other status changes.

I suspect that the vendors have to go *poof* in order for the OSI owner to drop the house, so, if the vendor owners don't care, they just go *poof*.

Right now am watching a couple of properties that flipped to OSI ownership with vendors. Just... waiting.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some WILL drop with vendors if the vendors are owned by house owner alone. This still happens and was proved very recently by the Blue Marlin shop in Luna on Europa. This went through the usual decay cycle and fell.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
aye.. sorry.. meant to say RENTAL vendors...

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My point of this thread is not the cycle of an idoc with vendors, my point is the vendors are being deleted along with everything they are wearing and have on them instead of falling to the ground like they used to.

Zosimus

Grand Inquisitor
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not sure but throwing this out there as a possible....

Maybe they get put in with the items with the grubs after the house collapses now.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought IDOCS always deleted the vendors, cash and goods upon falling.

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I thought IDOCS always deleted the vendors, cash and goods upon falling.
Never used to. Once they left a pack with the goods, their clothes and a cheque to the value of the gold they were holding when the house fell. Not sure when it changed.

chargar42

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of old rares will be lost if this isnt fixed. Many folks like to display their rare clothing, weapon items on their vendors.

Smoot

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is how i feel about idocs and rares, and first let me say that ideally i think it would be much better for the game if all contents of a house were stored / bankboxed automatically until / if a person comes back. Yes it might be alot of items, but especially now with the low population pretty sure the data bases could handle it.

In regards to "rares / history being lost," in real life history is lost all the time. books burned, artifacts destroyed. So its nothing out of the ordinary. theres so much history and rares in UO that it really isnt a big deal if much of it is lost forever.

again, i think its a much bigger deal that the player who lost the house will most likely never return after losing their virtual wealth of rares / items that was in the house. So to me, the issue is not "history" being lost, its players being lost who would possibly return if their house items were auto-stored upon collapse.

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Lots of old rares will be lost if this isnt fixed. Many folks like to display their rare clothing, weapon items on their vendors.
It's been happening for around a year, I already saw a full set of Queen Dawn's Marble plate armor and old made by coal armor set go poof along with a handful of other rare suits. The Mannequins still drop though at least.

mana hit

Grand Inquisitor
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Steve Austin from the show 'Six Million Dollar Man" worked for a company called OSI..........just saying.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It's been happening for around a year, I already saw a full set of Queen Dawn's Marble plate armor and old made by coal armor set go poof along with a handful of other rare suits. The Mannequins still drop though at least.
well due to the small lock downs even a castle as people need to display armours/clothing on vendors... to save lockdowns.... lets be honest we need a 20-30% hike in lockdowns.. this is not 2005,,its 2015

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Another problem is that, with the new decay much faster timer, stuff poofs FAST. I watched all the stuff from an idoc today start to poof away only 5 minutes after the house fell. It wasn't being taken by a hidden player; most of this was bags full of junk NPC armor, and I was the only one there. I've heard at least one other saw similar fast poofing at another IDOC earlier today.

Kirthag

Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Benefactor
personally, those grubbers.... igh.
if you don't catch them, you have no idea what its carrying - something real nice or something junk... is kinda irritating.