• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another IDOC disappointment

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
So Friday I marked a rune to a tram house that was somewhat worn
Saturday the house was fairly worn
Today the house was gone
This is why I never get IDOCs

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Right, I didn't need the spot (this was on Legends, where housing spots are no problem). I just noticed this house while passing by and marked it.
I know there's been a lot of discussion about IDOCs, and I don't usually bother with them, so am no expert in it, but I thought this was strange.

Loren

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Not meaning to hijack... I have a question that is on topic. If you are at an IDOC, and said house goes poof, loot falls. If you drop a plot, what happens to say.. the chest that is in the middle of your 18x18 that no one got to yet?

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Not meaning to hijack... I have a question that is on topic. If you are at an IDOC, and said house goes poof, loot falls. If you drop a plot, what happens to say.. the chest that is in the middle of your 18x18 that no one got to yet?
After a house falls there is a period of time that the land is non-place-able. I have seen this period of time last from 45 minutes up to two hours. Finally, when you can place, any items that are left behind will end up under the house sign.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
In my opinion that's how it used to be but anymore nothing is "normal" and I've heard many times that this isn't always the case and sometimes the stuff just goes poof. Infact this happens more often to folk who try resizing with things still in their house thinking that their belongings will just wind up there but they don't.

As for the time thing I don't bother with IDOCs anymore. The time is so unpredictable that the only real winners are the scripters. The last few I attempted to do most the stuff vanished before it hit the ground still.

Zuckuss

Order | Chaos
Professional
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today the house was gone
The system is letting houses decay before 5 days? Please forward this information to Broadsword as I am doing the same.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
well it can be worse. stay at idoc for 15 hours and it goes osi, keep an for out for a week or 2 when it starts its decay again , stay there for another 14 to 15 and it gets saved , wont say by whom, still osi, a month or so later it goes through process again,15 hours later it drops. at least u didn't wait there for many, many hours lol. ive also seen osi houses looted with server births and event items, no comment here. ive noticed a few times, some stuff vanishes on 3rd floor when house drops, anyone else noticed this?

claudia-fjp

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The system is letting houses decay before 5 days? Please forward this information to Broadsword as I am doing the same.
We told them when they implemented the change 8 months or so ago. Many times. Their reply was that they fall in 5 days and they gave us a timetable that was patently not true. (I believe it was even missing an entire stage.)

I think every change they made to IDOCs was a complete screw up other than the change to young accounts. Grubbers? Most are empty or have a goza deed or two in it while the valuable items are still script looted. Drop in exactly 5 10 or 15 hours? Nope... and since when is making your players sit around for up to 15 hours is a good idea? They added a timer for how often you can grab things in a misguided attempt to combat loot scripts but all it seems to do is lock out people trying to loot by hand. I can understand wanting to block a script from grabbing too many things in a short amount of time but if humans are constantly hitting that limit it needs to be changed.

THP

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
seems in can decay bewtween 3 and 5 days...form the info ive been told...5 is the absolute max...3-4 being the normal..

like ive said many times...only gonna benefit the robot 24/7 scripters...most old school players have shunned idocs now...the scripters/cheaters win win win

R Traveler

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Someone placed new house and old start decay cycle. After moving stuff owner demolished old house.

Are you sure it was due inactive account?

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
The owner demolished it more likely, no proof that this is a bug, and ive never witnessed anything like that before tbh
This is a possibility I thought of, one of the reasons I was asking how often others have seen this happen. I wish I'd noted the owner's name instead of just the condition of the house

Angel of Sonoma

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
i don't actively search for idoc's anymore but have stumbled across a few in the past month. i camped 2 of them and they both dropped within the timelines the devs have programmed.

TimberWolf

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Today the house was gone

It had Mats that were blocking a T-map location so I paid a GM to drop it early! :)
Just sayin!!
:troll:

Yadd of Legends

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I think the owner dropping it after placing another house is the most reasonable explanation, after thinking about it. Sorry for the false alarm.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
A guildmate's keep fell in under 3 days a few weeks ago.
On Aug 11th it had not started to decay and less than three days later another Siege player let us know that it had fallen.
And no, it wasn´t dropped since the player hasn´t been online since March.