• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Idea for gold sink

A

ahardy

Since the inflation rules Ultima World actually, why don't turn oficial a thing that brokers did all the time

Change UOGOLD for UOGAMETIME

For Example 1 month = 30m on origin vendor, some players "sell" for less, but i think is better buy from EA team to avoid scams and invalid codes. It will be a good way for wipe uogold and increase player base, i for example if they turn that idea on i can increase my acct number from 2 to 5 maybe 6.

Black Majick

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Like the idea....EA would never go for it as it would cut down on how much money they bring in per month...

A

ahardy

Like the idea....EA would never go for it as it would cut down on how much money they bring in per month...
Its the point, in place of let it f2p, if they made a system like this, will sink gold and will bring f2p players from other games because they will think "i will buy the first 6 months then i can play free with uogold"

It will bring more active players, trying get gold, so more pvm, and more online players, and less "players that just pay for let acct active"

It will open the game for "poor" players, the players with a good job for example never will spend 30m in-game for just a 10$, because for some guys 10$ is nothing, and the sensation in be "rich in game" is better then the sensation in "work hard in-game to play"

So players with a job will still paying, and poor players from 3rd contries can start play with the "free 2 play dream", because nothing is free, he will need buy uosa and uohs code, and if he just gold farm for pay the game, some months he will only do that and don't will proced in game.

Its a good marketing idea - "Come play uo, where you can play without pay, is just work hard in-game"

Ashlynn_L

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Because if ingame cheating and duping of gold/rares/whatever is or was even nearly as rampant as people claim it is, that means that effectively, someone, somewhere is getting gametime for free as a result of it and with no real world money spent.

Whereas currently, though gold can still be used to purchase gametime, it still has to be purchased with real money at the source.

EvilPixieWorks

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Rough idea:

See? Even if the gold value is loosing ground a little every month, the best they could do for us… to help keep some idea of control… it would have go be like 5$ off for 10m. That’s above value, but 30m for 1 month? I’d rather hang on to my gold just in case.

Even being able to spend gold at a higher market value for Game Code items.

Worrying about the criminals? Would be a great way to flush them out if they are getting endless amounts of discounts or items.

Shakkara

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
100 mil for a token to remove the cursed property off an item.

And offer it for sale in the origin store for $20 simultaneously.

Warpig Inc

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Offer it to players that pay real cash for their first 3 accounts. Other link accounts can be logged in on in a jail/bank like eviroment with Account Activation NPC. So plan ahead and make sure the account main has 30 mil in the bank.

Wanna really hit the duper,farmers and hacks? Reduce all the ingame gold by 50%, stack and check form. Players will adjust ingame item pricing by half. Geeks have their hoard halfed. Not like they will double the price of what they sell gold for.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
lol i have like 4 or 5 vendors that have over 500m on them that would love this idea..

i would never have to pay for game time again..

Potgut

Seasoned Veteran
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think NPC vendors should increase their prices (and i'm not talking about the way its done now that changes based on their inventory, but something more drastic) to reflect inflation just like people do in real life.

It would not solve the problem, but it could help. As for new incoming players, more gold could be given to them that reflects the prior proportion, the more gold to new players wouldn't come close to counter balance the gold sink from the NPC price hikes.

aarons6

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think NPC vendors should increase their prices (and i'm not talking about the way its done now that changes based on their inventory, but something more drastic) to reflect inflation just like people do in real life.

It would not solve the problem, but it could help. As for new incoming players, more gold could be given to them that reflects the prior proportion, the more gold to new players wouldn't come close to counter balance the gold sink from the NPC price hikes.
this wouldnt solve anything. i hardly buy anything from a npc vendor.

they would have to adjust how much vendors buy things at and that would make it easier to exploit gold income..
like the old buy bolts cut them up and sell bandages.. can you imagine if everything bought and sold for 10x more?

1m an hour easy.. just buying and selling..