• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another(idea) for fel champ spawns

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
how about a rare chance a new tamable could spawn,might have to be after the first tier but heres some fun stuff

Sliver dragon -same stats as greater dragon(so no balance issue)(maybe chance of spawning silver pile on ground)

(insert kool name)
white horse -same stats as dread war horse

raptalon - shadowy black?

lesser hiryu - grey?

skree - red?

ancient wyrm - (same stats as greater dragon for balance issue)

purple llama - maybe buff his stats so he dont die easy

maybe another form of ridable packy?

could be tram spawns too i guess, blaze it

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
oh just thought of somethin,could be after champ is dead ,chance of a spawn could happen then

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
it would be like controlled pet dyes hehe,i know that is like a cuss word here on stratics "pet dyes" lol

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a new pet spawning at a Fel champ is going to end rather badly ;)

Of all the lures, I think dropping a new pet into a group of players who are quite known for hating tamers and massacring pets...like I say, it won't end well!

New pets are fine, once our existing ones are given some love (not before, sorry) but they should spawn in different locations, constantly and in different facets so anyone who wants one can get one. I don't mind taming in Fel, my main girl is more than capable of sneaking past PvPers but waiting for a champ spawn to finish so you can see what spawns, then hoping the PvPers don't just kill it. That's going to be a boring way to find your dream pet. And very easily controlled by PvP guilds. If you want them spawning in Fel, make them spawn in overland camps that spawn in random locations over the facet. Or just y'know, put them in dungeons heh. Fel is a whole facet, you have plenty of options.

Different colours of existing pets should probably just spawn alongside their peers. No need to make it more complicated than that. Also, the easier it is to do the more likely it is to get added to the publish lists.

Dreads should be spawning constantly somewhere, just make them like the longmane graphic but with dread stats then they are different from the rare dreads but give tamers a steady spawn to get their own. If they need more nerfing for PvP then give them that before opening them up, my dreads aren't ever getting used in PvP and I'm not fussed about power. But that would give us a new spawn and keep both PvPers and rare pet collectors satisfied.

Wenchy

DerekL

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Y'know Flappy, there isn't a prize or anything for "most pointless posts with pointless new ideas in a day" or anything.

cdavbar

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think a new pet spawning at a Fel champ is going to end rather badly ;)

Of all the lures, I think dropping a new pet into a group of players who are quite known for hating tamers and massacring pets...like I say, it won't end well!
You must be a member of PETA?

Me too "People Eating Tasty Animals". I hear the red Skree is tasty as can be!!!

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You must be a member of PETA?

Me too "People Eating Tasty Animals". I hear the red Skree is tasty as can be!!!
They're not real pets and the meat isn't real either, so I don't care what you want to do with pixel beasties.

But I doubt you'd get a decent meal out of a skree, I've seen more meat on a pea ;)

Wenchy

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some pvpers like to have things to fight over,makes it more interesting if they have something to fight over that they can sell,then they can pvp more,otherwise they wont be in felucca they will be in trammel tryin to get the stuff they need to pvp.....then no one will be in felucca. Sorta like now, WE need something to fight over,if you want scrolls fine take them but give something else of value.I just thought rare kool colored pets would sell fast for a pvper.Or for the guys that dont have a dread could get a chance at a diff version(and thats not me i have some)just tryin to come up with some ideas thats all-never going to make everyone happy

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
And if you dont pvp at spawns why even comment on this thread-it wont hurt you anyways

flappy6

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
and and... what group hates tamers? alot of pvp tamers out there..........

Wenchkin

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Some pvpers like to have things to fight over,makes it more interesting if they have something to fight over that they can sell,then they can pvp more,otherwise they wont be in felucca they will be in trammel tryin to get the stuff they need to pvp.....then no one will be in felucca. Sorta like now, WE need something to fight over,if you want scrolls fine take them but give something else of value.I just thought rare kool colored pets would sell fast for a pvper.Or for the guys that dont have a dread could get a chance at a diff version(and thats not me i have some)just tryin to come up with some ideas thats all-never going to make everyone happy
I live in Fel, I'm also a tamer... I know players like to fight over things and I tame in Fel where I can, so I do know how it works. But there are already rewards from champs to fight over. And to be blunt, maybe I'm not the only one who got a bit bored of working the same old spawns repeatedly. I don't think champs need new rewards, I think they need to be wiped and replaced by more enjoyable encounters. At that point, we can discuss loot but there's a dungeon revamp going on and we have a whole facet available to use. Let's get some action going away from the champs for a change.

As a tamer, popping up a wild pet beside a bunch of PvP guildies and spawn is one of those situations where the pet can die just by suicide on the first player it sees, and a bit of chaos resulting from well-meaning guildies trying to help. I've tamed alongside non tamers, it's hilarious at times. Now I could do really well taming and selling those pets, I have just the template to do it under the noses of PvPers. But I still don't think champs are the best option.

It makes sense to spawn any new pets in Tram and Fel facets so they are fairly available for any tamer. And to spawn them regularly for the same reason. Tamers want to select good pets these days, that means turning spawn over until they spawn a good pet. Not waiting for a champ spawn to be completed each time to then find the spawn isn't even the right type of creature. Can you imagine how long it would take to get the pet you wanted with good stats? I love my fellow Fel players, but I don't want to see a small group controlling the supply of these pets and screwing Tram players out of millions to have one. That still happens with PS, even though I could get rich on it, I find that distasteful.

The alternative depends what you want. Is it more activity in Fel generally, more PvP or a perk for tamers? If you want all 3, it doesn't have to happen at a champ spawn or as a random spawn. Just spawn new pets. But spawn them in Tram facets too because that's just fair. You have a whole facet of locations though, let's have some players active outside the champ dungeons. Players want to choose where they play, not be pulled by the nose with some pixel pets or other loot. Because y'know, they can be traded in Tram. You may as well allow spawns in Tram.

I'd also say that it makes sense to spawn different coloured pets alongside their normal counterparts. Rather than take them into completely different lands and facets. But if a pet spawns in Fel, then by all means drop some different colours into the mix.

And if you dont pvp at spawns why even comment on this thread-it wont hurt you anyways
The only reason I don't fight at spawns and Yew gate is because both spawns and loot are boring and PvP is nowhere near as fun as it used to be. I've done them, but it's like watching paint drying...oh look, the same spawn again...yay, here comes that guild I fought yesterday.. Even my rogue lost interest in stealing at champs. But something doesn't have to hurt a player directly before they have the right to comment on it. We don't want Fel to be good for the players who already love it. We want new fresh blood coming over and staying. So you want to attract new players with your ideas, even if they haven't PvP'd once.

and and... what group hates tamers? alot of pvp tamers out there..........
There may be tamers who fight in Fel, but that doesn't mean the rest of Fel loves them :) Usually it starts with "oh it's not PvP its PvM" and heads south from there. But tamers are not the most popular class in PvP circles and there are plenty who would love to disrupt a tamer in Fel. Especially if it was a PvP tamer who they really had a gripe with. I'm not bothered by it, but I know what tends to happen with tamers and PvPers so I mentioned it.

Wenchy