• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another House placement question

Paranoia2mb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Alrighty,

I searched a little bit and haven't had much luck.

Anyways, there are some houses that fell around my home and I'd like to go big as I can. 18x18 hopefully haha.

My question is:
I already have a house, now if I:
Open up my house tool
Place a house

Will my current house automatically become IDOC (or whatever) or will the placement tool give me a warning about my old house?

I don't want to accidentally place a house and lose my old one before I move everything out.

Hope I'm making some sense here.

DevilsOwn

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
about two weeks ago I resized a house, and during the process attempted different fits to make use of as much as possible.... at one point I was testing corners with a 7x7 legacy home and without warning the house sat down and placed.... I got no confirmation gump whatsoever, it simply placed

was not a problem for me, the resize option kept the plot for me for about an hour, so after the timer expired I just resized that little thatched-roof cottage, but this was not in a prime location and I had no competition for the site

point is, the placement of homes is not entirely reliable... if you can, clean out your current home and use the resize..... worst case is that you'll end up with a home the size of your current house

Paranoia2mb

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's Russian Roulette pretty much eh?

Well, I can always make another account. :) haha

Sarsmi

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So it's Russian Roulette pretty much eh?

Well, I can always make another account. :) haha
You can resize your home.

Stand under the house sign and say "I wish to resize my home" (I think). This gives you 1 hour to do so and one attempt. Since you have an hour you can take your time. Empty your bank of gold so if it tries to place on you, it can't. Once you have gotten the max size possible, take a screenshot or use a placemarker on the ground (bandages or whatever under where the house sign would go) then put the checks back in your bank and place.

Keep in mind that your stuff when you resize will fall to the ground. So put it on spare characters or in packies/boats/banks/friends/etc. It's a good time for some spring cleaning too! :)