• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another gargoyle bug... no I am not kidding either.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Just did my first medusa in my life and a guildie helped me and we made some gorgon lenses because he said it makes everything easier.

Then I came to realize gorgon lenses does not apply to altered glasses wore by gargoyles. I tried to apply it to all other armor slots and it wouldn't let me. Ok fine my guildie said its probably gargoyles are born with "stone skin" thus I should be immune since the game obviously blocking me from applying it to my equipments.

So we decided to give it a shot and yep I am a rock over and over. We still managed to kill her but he told me if the lenses would have worked like they should on any human/elves we would have done it half of the time it took and the few redlines I had where he had to cross heal me.

I am pretty sure this is yet another over-sight. So please either fix it or make gargoyle immune to her rock transformation. It took me a great deal of time to make the suit do I really have to destory my suit so it would apply like human could to their glasses/hats? I am assuming it would apply as long as your head gear/earrings aren't altered. Or gargoyles simply are SOL when it comes to everything other than being an imbuing mule?

AzSel

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think lenses also apply to gorget, altho...come to think of it....gargoyles dont have that either... *chuckles*

C

CroakerTnT

I very much hope you are wrong. That'd be very annoying.

That said, I try to use MI, so medusa doesn't target me.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It sounds like a bug to me. If you use a shield, you could try applying the lens to it. It works for humans/elves.

Y

Yen Sid

Idk what the problem is, I do Medusa all the time on my Gargoyle. I wear a PoM and put Lenses on that or my Mystic's Guard Shield. Haven't tried any other slots but there must be others I would think... I will check when I get home if someone doesn't before I do.

Nexus

Site Support
Administrator
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Just did my first medusa in my life and a guildie helped me and we made some gorgon lenses because he said it makes everything easier.

Then I came to realize gorgon lenses does not apply to altered glasses wore by gargoyles. I tried to apply it to all other armor slots and it wouldn't let me. Ok fine my guildie said its probably gargoyles are born with "stone skin" thus I should be immune since the game obviously blocking me from applying it to my equipments.

So we decided to give it a shot and yep I am a rock over and over. We still managed to kill her but he told me if the lenses would have worked like they should on any human/elves we would have done it half of the time it took and the few redlines I had where he had to cross heal me.

I am pretty sure this is yet another over-sight. So please either fix it or make gargoyle immune to her rock transformation. It took me a great deal of time to make the suit do I really have to destory my suit so it would apply like human could to their glasses/hats? I am assuming it would apply as long as your head gear/earrings aren't altered. Or gargoyles simply are SOL when it comes to everything other than being an imbuing mule?
Yeah, like someone else mentioned just equip a pendant of the magi and stick them on there. They fit in the Gorget slot and will allow you to put lenses on them. Since really pretty much nothing else works in that slot there is no reason not to wear one.

A

A Rev

Definatly going to say this is human error.

Until my gargoyle went red i was soloing Medussa.

Applied it to all spots, legs, kilt, arms, shield, necklace and earrings.

So...not really sure what your doing wrong...but your must be doing something wrong!

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

So...not really sure what your doing wrong...but your must be doing something wrong!
Noobish question, but if you applied it to all spots, did you do all spots at once, and if so, does it take one charge per or all items one charge per a stoning? Hehe. Wondering if best way to do it is just mass apply or one-for-one as it wears out.

WarUltima

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Well whatever you are smoking it must be real good.
I just tried it doesn't apply to everything I have on but shield which means I am going melee I guess.

Glasses, legs, kilts, arms, ring, bracelet all wont apply (thanks for your info tho) but like some other said it did apply to pendent and gargoyle shield. Well at least it worked on the shield like some poster said.

Also I didnt use pendent of the magi since you are able to craft and imbue armor mods on a gargish necklace (which I did to make me all 70s with various other mods).

Thanks...

But I dont see how it applied to my human mace and shield and wouldnt apply to ALTERED mace and shield. And somehow gargish necklace isnt a valid piece neither.

It doesnt take any trick to try it. And if you tried it for real and not just making **** up you will know.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Noobish question, but if you applied it to all spots, did you do all spots at once, and if so, does it take one charge per or all items one charge per a stoning? Hehe. Wondering if best way to do it is just mass apply or one-for-one as it wears out.
You can apply it to multiple spots but only one charged will be used per spot during the fight. From my experience, it uses head slot first, then gorget and then shield. I don't know about the other areas because those are the only ones I use.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
You can apply it to multiple spots but only one charged will be used per spot during the fight. From my experience, it uses head slot first, then gorget and then shield. I don't know about the other areas because those are the only ones I use.
Awesome, thanks Shelleybean :)

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Awesome, thanks Shelleybean :)
Np but I'm not sure I worded my response clear enough. Let's say you have 40 charges on your glasses and 30 charges on your gorget. It will use all 40 on the glasses before moving on to the gorget. :)