• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another failure on Kickstarter

citizen

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
Guys, if you want to bring the game to win the Kickstarter, not a failure as in 2012, create threads about it here: 4chan.org/v
This section is full of gamers who are constantly discussing the game in real time and anonymously.
I think they will support the project Gorgon, if you tell them about the game in detail.

Auriel

Project: Gorgon Game Mod
VIP
Stratics Veteran
I tried to make a thread but apparently I don't get how the site works.

Cramit

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
As I am a new poster here and new to this game I cant say much other than I want this game to meet it's Kickstarter goals. However, that being said one suggestion that I can make is making more of a push with Kickstarter. After viewing the Kickstarter, there seems to be updates once a month or so, however this just isn't enough of a push IMHO to get funding.

I think what really needs to happen is to try and have updates at least 1 per week. Whether it is highlighting bug fixes, content updates or even having some live streaming done or interviews with the devs. All of these strategies have really helped other Kickstarters that I have witnessed and would also allow for the game to get more name recognition.

I know if it wasn't for the one user that posted on MMORPG.com, I wouldn't know much about this game and it would have flown under my radar as well. Kickstarter, in my experience, is all about getting the name out there and giving out as much information as you can. This game is already WAY ahead of most kickstarters because you have a free alpha for people to actually try before they put money down. That can only help your cause. Hell, you could even do community events in-game as updates to the kickstarter, especially if the devs make an appearance and can participate with the community. I think you guys just need to figure out a way to get more content out their during the kickstarter.

At this point that may mean you need to do another kickstarter around when you can have constant updates and news about the game coming out but that is something for the devs to really mull over and hash out.

bdon

Visitor
Stratics Veteran
I do research on MMO's all the time and I only heard about this on accident because someone was bashing a game that was just released saying it wasn't even as good as this game and I looked it up. I've made a post on hardforum about it. I would go to various gaming or PC forums and try to make people aware of what you're doing

Gorgonzola

Adventurer
Stratics Veteran
http://massively.joystiq.com/category/betawatch

It's probably too late. But the kickstarter model may not be the best for this team maybe the Path of Exile model where you sell some "founders packs" that let you name some NPCs in game and whatnot, or design a weapon and what not.. bit of work.. but then there is no time limit so as the game picks up steam I imagine more people will donate?