• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Dreaded Template Help Thread

T

tymbow

Some suggestions please. Pure mage, mostly PvE.

Currently:

Elf
100 Strength
30 Dexterity
100 Intelligence

100 Evaluating Intelligence
100 Focus
100 Inscription
120 Magery
100 Meditation
100 Resisting Spells
100 Wrestling

The use of 100 Focus was just something I was toying about with. I have high Mana Regen now with my suit and jewellery so I will drop this.

The question is what to do with this? It is worth picking up Spellweaving in place of Focus? Maybe raise all skills (except Inscription of course) to 120 with loss of Focus? Any other suggestions?

5% Luck

You could drop med and focus for necro and SS. Run it in wraith form and leech all you mana. Depends on your spell book collection and where and what you hunt. Not that id advise it but if you go human you would have 40 points in a regen skill set to offset any penalty for MR on the suit. Properly done that works great!

IMO if ya went SW you NEED to be 120. That would mean getting a skill boost some where or dropping some points to hit 120. In SW the only spell I find useful is WoD and an occasional NF. Some players use thunderstorm or dryad alure but for me its WoD or my time/mana could be spent better elsewhere.

Farsight

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'd just up the rest of the skills to 120. With 120 EI, wrestle and resist, you'll really notice the difference.

T

tymbow

Thanks for the help, this is what I've decided for now:

100 Strength
30 Dexterity
100 Intelligence
120 Evaluating Intelligence
20 Focus
100 Inscription

120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Resisting Spells
120 Wrestling

Obsidian

Crazed Zealot
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Supporter
One thing you might also consider if your karma is high is to drop the 20 focus and put on 20 Chivalry. Throw on another 15 points or so via items and you've got a very effective means of healing yourself that is quicker than casting greater heal even at 2/6 FC/FCR. If you've got the right ring or bracelet sitting around it might work well for you.

-OBSIDIAN-

G

GFY

Thanks for the help, this is what I've decided for now:

100 Strength
30 Dexterity
100 Intelligence
120 Evaluating Intelligence
20 Focus
100 Inscription

120 Magery
120 Meditation
120 Resisting Spells
120 Wrestling
Only thing I would suggest, drop your dex to 10 and add 20 to you int for more mana. I'm a BIG mana fan and I like having all the mana I can get. Make sure your suit has 40 LMC so you can cast even more spells and use less mana. In my experiences when I run out of mana I usually die so more is always a good thing.

T

tymbow

Only thing I would suggest, drop your dex to 10 and add 20 to you int for more mana.
Maybe. For some reason I hate using a mount with this char so I have to watch the stamina (not at the moment though because of Focus) but with no Focus I might have to to be on the safer side.

I know what you mean about dying though. I'm always very careful to make sure there is just enough mana left to invis and I also keep some invis pots on me.

A

Arch Magus

Template looks solid.

I know this is *mostly for pvm, but

From a Felucca standpoint, considering pushthrough.
I would suggest dropping Med to an even 100.
Then raise Focus further to 40.
The little bit of Stamina regen will keep you out of some tight situations if you decide to play in Fel much.

Strong monster combos in Tram can flatline your stamina also I believe, not just a Felucca thing.

Other than that little tweak, you are looking good.

G

GFY

Maybe. For some reason I hate using a mount with this char so I have to watch the stamina (not at the moment though because of Focus) but with no Focus I might have to to be on the safer side.

I know what you mean about dying though. I'm always very careful to make sure there is just enough mana left to invis and I also keep some invis pots on me.
I usually carry total refresh pots as well. If I'm running for my life and my stamina starts to drop, which it does often with 10 dex, I chug a refresh and keep on keeping on!

G

GFY

Just remember to keep one hand free if you chug pots. No 2 handed mage weapons! Well you can but you need a disarm macro before you chug.

5% Luck

Template looks solid.

I know this is *mostly for pvm, but

From a Felucca standpoint, considering pushthrough.
I would suggest dropping Med to an even 100.
Then raise Focus further to 40.
The little bit of Stamina regen will keep you out of some tight situations if you decide to play in Fel much.

Strong monster combos in Tram can flatline your stamina also I believe, not just a Felucca thing.

Other than that little tweak, you are looking good.
Could always have a teloport icon on the screen just for this too!