• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Crafting Conundrum

• Thread starter dsnchanted395
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
D

dsnchanted395

Ok so I have a 120 crafting mule. Her template is fairly common I'd think...
120 Blacksmithy
120 Tailoring
100 Mining
100 Tinkering
100 Carpentry
80 Arms Lore
50.1 Music
49.9 Magery

My question or comment or rambling on is this...

If she has a 100% of crafting the item and a 67% chance of crafting an exceptional... does the exceptional chance increase over time?

And if she only has say a 75% chance of crafting an item (I'm thinking stone crafting here) will that also increase over time?

Will there ever be 100% chance of crafting with a 100% exceptional chance? Can a crafter ever be as good as it gets? I'm looking for new goals ingame.. I'd like to say yeah I can make that.. or I've done that... and I have always wondered about the percentages... if there is a thread or link to it I'd appreciate a nudge in the right direction.

G

If that is your character and thoses are her real skill level (your not still in training), then if you look at the percentages and it says 100% to craft and 67% to make exceptional, then the only way to increase your exceptional percentage is with talismans which add to that specific skill. talismans can have a 30% maximum to craft and/or 30% maximum to make exceptional.
So for your example if you had 67% chance and you had/bought a 30% exceptional talisman thna you exceptional chance to make that item woudl be 97%.

G

May I ask why you have music? I would think you would be far better off the raise arms lore to GM.

F

Fayled Dhreams

Depending on the numbers.. ... yeah, theres a chance of hitting 100% on some items ... NOT all
some ...

Talisman shopping for the "perfect fit" to "do" exceptional work ...
there ya go ...

gonna take a legendary Smith, with the top end Ancient Smithy Hammer (ash)
AND a max exceptional bonus on a talisman ... to clear the list to a few remaining "Unreachables" ...

Same for the other crafters ...

Spree

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I would drop 20 points off music and take to arms lore to GM. When you have to make instruments use Jewelry/singing ax to get you to 45 music.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Jewelry/singing ax to get you to 45 music.

[/ QUOTE ]Can you please expand on this? I've been a crafter for several years and didn't realize there was a value to music.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Chance increase over time? Sure! If you spend that time increasing your skill.

A legendary smith can make almost everything exceptional. Hold a +30 ASH and everything will be exceptional.

You might get more responses (and your post will stay on the frontpage longer) if you post your question in the professional forums.

Setnaffa

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
<blockquote><hr>

<blockquote><hr>

Jewelry/singing ax to get you to 45 music.

[/ QUOTE ]Can you please expand on this? I've been a crafter for several years and didn't realize there was a value to music.

[/ QUOTE ]Musicianship is required for a carpenter to make musical instruments.

S

Smokin

What they said about making instruments, you also need magery to make pentagon thingys.

G

<blockquote><hr>

Musicianship is required for a carpenter to make musical instruments.

[/ QUOTE ]Ahh, thx for the explanation. I guess I've never made an instrument. And I thought I had made everything possible. Odd.

G

<blockquote><hr>

May I ask why you have music? I would think you would be far better off the raise arms lore to GM.

[/ QUOTE ]
A true craftsman knows their craft ... a ring-honed ear just doesn't produce the same resonance from the wood, the same trill from the strings as the natural ear. Oh now I've had more than one musician tell me that they can't tell difference, but I disagree. Long live the musician-carpenters!

Frarc

Stratics Legend
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Don't forget to get yourself some nice crafting talismans from Heartwood.