• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another 'Can't patch/can't Login', can anyone help please?

C

Conleth

Hiya,

Firstly - thanks for bothering to have a look. When I try to connect, I start to receive the patch but quickly get an error message. I've tried deleting my patchlog file, I've made sure that my firewall was disabled. The most recent patchlog reads:

Starting patch session...

Transferring patch information

Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-7-1.rtp( 551756 bytes )

Downloading patch uosa_win32_7-0-7-1.pat( 13 bytes )

Applying patch patch\uosa_win32_7-0-7-1.rtp

-------------------------------------------------------------------------------
PATCH Version 7.00 - RTPatch(R) Professional - Software Update System
DOS/16-bit Windows/32-bit Windows Edition

(C) Copyright Pocket Soft, Inc., 1991-2002. All Rights Reserved.
-------------------------------------------------------------------------------

----- Processing Patch File -----

AnimationSequence.uop

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'AnimationSequence.uop'

New Version of File 'AnimationSequence.uop' already exists.

End patch

client.exe

Applying MODIFY File Patch for 'client.exe'

error ept0036:

Old File not found. However, a file of the same name was
found. No update done since file contents do not match.

Error applying patch

Error

~~~~~~~~~~~

That's all she wrote! Any suggestions? Do I need to do a full install? Thank you for any help!
Conny

S

Shadowghast

if you are running windows 7: then try running uo client in administrator mode, and compatibility for windows vista service pack 2. to get compatibility mode, right click the client shortcut, go to properties, then click the compatibility tag.

If that doesn't work I don't know. I had the same problem and it worked for me.

C

Conleth

"if you are running windows 7"

Thank you for the advice, but I am running windows 8. Yes...I know...silly me ugh.

EDIT: I still went ahead and ran it under administrator, followed through with compatibility as well. Nadda. Guess I need to try re install. Boy will I be unhappy if it doesn't work! Wish me luck, and thanks again for advice.

Kat

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Whenever you patch, get an error and want to try re-patching, make sure to empty the contents of your UO patch folder. You might try that before re-installing.

C

Conleth

Thanks Kat, I did try to empty my patchlog file (see initial post), but what did the trick was a full reinstall. Well at least it's over now! :p Cheers

D

Der Rock

Thanks Kat, I did try to empty my patchlog file (see initial post), but what did the trick was a full reinstall. Well at least it's over now! :p Cheers
next time i would suggest, go to the firewall -exceptions and re add
uosa exe and patch ;)

P

Phineas le Monge

The error was in your "client exe" file. Same thing happened to me. The only fix was to re-install.