• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another bug

P

Priam_Sonoma

I have been back now three weeks. I am trying really hard to get back in the game, and I increasingly find it hard to support this game. I have friends here and I want to WANT to play, but these bugs are simply getting in the way.

Over the last week I have spent a good deal of time fighting Melissa to get a Crimson Cinture. I have not had one drop yet after hundreds of downings. That however is not the problem.

Two bugs are literally ruining the game for me. The first is the bug where you crash if you try to recall or use a gate around a large number of people. That one has been discussed. The bug I have gotten all week is the one where I do enough damage to enable myself to loot, but am told I cannot.

Simply put, the bug gives me the message "You cannot loot that." It is not "You have not earned the right to loot that." There is a difference. And until about an hour ago I thought they were the same. On the contrary, the former warning means I have to log out and back in to receive looting rights. This is silly. Especially in a dangerous area like Melissas room.

Has this bug been around for awhile? And have they discussed a possible fix? To think I may have to log in and out everytime I want to loot is assinine.

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Priam, is the message about not being able to loot happening consistently with any particular type of character or are you seeing anything else that's a pattern when that happens?

I think folks have more or less narrowed down that the crashing while recalling or while using a teleporter to get out of a room such as the one where Melissa spawns happens if you recall or use the teleporter while someone else is dragging an item. So maybe as a stop-gap measure, try to hold off on recalling until it looks like most of the dragging of items while looting seems to be finished.

P

Priam_Sonoma

Priam, is the message about not being able to loot happening consistently with any particular type of character or are you seeing anything else that's a pattern when that happens?

I think folks have more or less narrowed down that the crashing while recalling or while using a teleporter to get out of a room such as the one where Melissa spawns happens if you recall or use the teleporter while someone else is dragging an item. So maybe as a stop-gap measure, try to hold off on recalling until it looks like most of the dragging of items while looting seems to be finished.

Primarily while looting Melissa. I am pushing heavy damage on her and should earn looting rights. It gives me a "you cannot loot that" text. I relog and loot. It's annoying.

R

Revenant2

I've noted that if you're dragging someone's health bar off of their name tag at the moment they drop dead, you'll client crash.

I also think I've seen that if I'm dragging someone health bar and someone ELSE nearby drops dead at just the right moment in that process, you can client crash.

If you're looting someone and dragging something in a certain way, possibly a stackable item that you're dragging off the corpse and you're at a precise moment of that operation, and the person runs up and double clicks their corpse (autodressing and autolooting etc), you client crash.

When you're taking the gate at a champ spawn altar into the star room, and the first person who goes in client crashes upon arrival in the star room, there's the possibility that all of the people who follow that person through the gate within the next 15 seconds or so will also client crash upon arrival. I don't have a clue as to what affects that one, just saying that it can happen.

Sometimes I client crash when a monster dies and cannot see what I might have done, if anything, to trigger it.

..... Although every single time I client crash...

... I'm like "Can't they fix this piece of sh*t?!?!?!" as I'm hurrying to log in afterward!

heh

Tina Small

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Primarily while looting Melissa. I am pushing heavy damage on her and should earn looting rights. It gives me a "you cannot loot that" text. I relog and loot. It's annoying.
Are you using pets to do the damage or is your character doing all the damage? Are the corpses you want to loot stacked on top of or laying under other corpses or are they nowhere close to another corpse?

Pickaxe Pete

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I got that error message when I killed a shadowlord in Moonglow during the previous phases. I was using a swordsman and jousting it. Obviously I did not get to loot my kill. :)

Perhaps this is related to varying distances (jousting).

It did not happen for me on Melissa, however, I only killed her a couple times.

Elffin

Lore Keeper
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have found this looting bug quite annoying too. It's where a corpse is either over or under the corpse your trying to loot. Logging out/in or jumping off/on a animal normally allows you to loot the corpse you want to, but it's still a nusance.

As for the recall crash, i have set up a macro on my keyboard to insta log me back in, i kinda see it as more of a feature now :p

Elf.

R

RoycroftLS

Two bugs are literally ruining the game for me. The first is the bug where you crash if you try to recall or use a gate around a large number of people. That one has been discussed. The bug I have gotten all week is the one where I do enough damage to enable myself to loot, but am told I cannot.
There are various theories as to what causes the recall crashing... The one that seems the most reasonable to my experiences is that if someone opens a corpse within 20 or so tiles of you at the time you recall to a different subserver, you crash. Try taking the green teleporter out of the balron room first and then recall, and see if that helps.

The looting bug has been around for a while.. If an unlootable corpse (another person or pet) is present on the same tile of a monster you want to loot, you will get that message. Logging out/in fixes it, as does dismounting/remounting. A quick and effective solution is to make an in-game "last object" macro and use that macro whenever you get the cannot loot message.

GalenKnighthawke

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Workaround for the looting bug.

Ride off-screen.

Dismount.

Remount.

Come back and loot to your heart's content.

-Galen's player

Piotr

Stratic's Finest
Professional
Alumni
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Campaign Patron
Awards
The "You cannot loot that" message usually comes when a corpse from a flesh golem, or other risen undead, lies on the top of the corpse you're tryig to loot.

christy1221

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The looting bug has been around for a while.. If an unlootable corpse (another person or pet) is present on the same tile of a monster you want to loot, you will get that message. Logging out/in fixes it, as does dismounting/remounting. A quick and effective solution is to make an in-game "last object" macro and use that macro whenever you get the cannot loot message.

Thank you I had forgot what to do to make it where you could loot the corpse.

I have had this happen twice at melissa and I would just wait a few seconds and could loot. but I had to quickly because by the time I could loot it, it was about to go to where everyone can loot it.

Olahorand

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Often it seems also to work to use the Last object macro if a mouse click tries to open the wrong corpse on the stack.
I.e. you clicked on the name of the new corpse (or the Ctrl+Shift handle ) and you get the wrong corpse, where you have or have not looting rights, try the ingame macro LastObject.
This seems to select more precise than the mouse click. Why? The dev(ourer)s will know.
*Salute*
Olahorand

Kojak

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
last object is usually the way to go but if there are alot of corpses, just use control/shift and double click all the corpse tags (right click to close the ones that you double click to get them out of the way so you can drill down to the bottom corpse)

E

Ericge99

There is another and much easier way to loot the corpse, however you must be a mage to do so, teleport away from corpse and come back to it. As you can see its all about moving away and coming back or changing position , like mountint or dismounting. An incumberance ... yes.. however its far better than logging out and back in again, and much safer. Enjoy.