• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another bug

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have my 2 tamer with a sorcerer armour.
Now we are both dead. The sorcercer armour of both tamer, coloured with Haochi’s Pigments, now are blue.
ANOTHER STUPID BUG?????

I've payed in real money the Haochi’s Pigments on UO Gamecode.
I pretend a real refund of money.

And for all players, pay attenction. If you die, the coloured armour is out.
A BIG BUG, It's a lot of money.

I demand a refund or go for legal action

S

Sevin0oo0

sorry, found this...
"If individual pieces of this set are dyed, they will revert to their initial coloration when the entire set is equipped. "

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
sorry, found this...
"If individual pieces of this set are dyed, they will revert to their initial coloration when the entire set is equipped. "
I'm very bored.
What is an individual set? The sorcereer armor is a 6 pieces set.
I was died and some of the set are going blue. In this case all the set were be blue.
I've payed for a full set of Haochi’s Pigments. Now i've lost about 12 charges of Haochi’s Pigments.
PLEASE; I have to refund these charges.
No, NOT PLEASE . I HAVE TO REFUND THE CHARGES. STOP.

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I have that wooden suit darkwood? Cant remember the name but the hpr one u craft
Anyhoo its dyed luna white with tukono dyes and when i put it on it combines and returns to original color
When i remove one piece it all goes white again
Maybe thats what happened to u?

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

It's not a bug.

Different special armor sets (like the Virtue set or the sets from spring cleaning) change hues when they are worn as a full set. This can affect how dyes interact with the items.

thus:

Say you have the Virtue Set... so you dye each piece a given color (say... Chaos Blue from ToT 3) then put the whole set on, the set then changes hue to the blast white hue for the set as a whole and thus resets each piece to it's original hue as well. So when you take them off, it goes back to the original color.

It's not a bug, it is in fact "working as intended".

In short, you made a bad decision or did not endeavor to research to make sure nothing like that would happen. It was disclaimered as quoted in this thread.

Nimuaq

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I was trying to remember a word for quite some time, the -now deleted- initial response to the op reminded me the word: schadenfreude.

The "individual pieces.." text is from uoguide, not from uoherald or uogamecodes. I'm not sure if the reverting back to the original color is a bug or an intended thing. Even if it is a bug, GMs dont replace missing items. If you buy house teleportation tiles and a gypsy camp deletes them, GMs dont replace them. The moment you use the code and the item appears, it becomes the property of EA. Quite evil but that's what it sadly is :(.

Tjalle

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Did you dye the pieces and equipped them all and they were still coloured? And it didn´t lose the colour until you died?

Or perhaps it lost the colour once you put on all the six pieces and you just didn´t notice?

sorry, found this...
What is an individual set? The sorcereer armor is a 6 pieces set.
Because the way I read it, the sorcerer´s suit loses the colour of the dye if you put on all 6 pieces.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
My understanding is, the Virtue Armor will go back to the white color when the whole set is present.

But the OP refers to Sorcerors armor...the blue set from Spring Cleaning? It doesn't revert if you dye it, I dyed mine and been wearing it for well, since the plant dyes came out :p
If the Sorceror's Armor from spring cleaning is reverting, then I think you do have a bugged suit.
If you're wearing the wooden set, or the Virtue Armor, nope, they revert, unless its been changed very recently.

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My suit is dyed luna white but as i said it goes to normal color when completed
But when i remove a piece they all go back to luna white
They dont stay at the original color afterwards just while being worn

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

Remembering now, MagicStar is correct.

Of course the greater question is why would you dye a set that has a "complete set" color in the first place. The sets tend to be less than useful as individual pieces and require the special "complete set mods" to turn into something useful (which of course negates the purpose of having them dyed in the first place).

Maybe I'm missing something here.

MagicStar

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I bought the suit white
Was a lil dissapointed but ahh well
For awhile it was fun to remove just the gorget and have people say wtf!!! But i think they caught on now

Should i call my lawyer?
Lol

Dermott of LS

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend

I'll admit I tried it on one of the test shards (I want to say it was during the early closed EC/SA beta but not 100% sure) on a Virtue Set to the same results and realized that the functionality of the sets made the premise of dying them rather pointless... although I guess I COULD see doing so for "showing off" purposes such as Bank Sitting or non-combat events where you just want to be seen, thus don't need the FULL set and can ditch one of the lesser pieces (such as the gorget or helm).

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Did you dye the pieces and equipped them all and they were still coloured? And it didn´t lose the colour until you died?

Or perhaps it lost the colour once you put on all the six pieces and you just didn´t notice?

Because the way I read it, the sorcerer´s suit loses the colour of the dye if you put on all 6 pieces.
I weared in both tamers suit sorcerer armours like new.
I've lost the colour in 3 of one of the sorcerer armour and 3 in the other.
Then not all the armour was discoloured.
When you buy the pigments they don't say to pay attenction to not die :(

Tjalle, i have sorcerer armour far from the spring tickets and this is the first time that i have some problems.

Flutter, the money for take again the Haochi’s Pigments is not only 3.99 $. And because i have all the reason, i prefer to play a lawyer then to pay 4$.

Magic Star , Your words:
"Id love to be in the courtroom to see her lawyer try and explain this to a judge "
I don't know english well but a lawyer DO. It's quite easy to explain. Is theft. EA should be resized. Can not take real money from people and have no bugs without refund.
FOR THE DEVS.
I PRETEND 5 charges of Haochi’s Pigments.
If not, my lawyer will contact you.
In real english, not as mine.
Bye

D

DarkScripture

Mine does not work like that. My suit is dyed white from the white plant dye and even while complete it stays white. When I take it off it's white. It no longer changes color at all. My dyde stayed. Maybe plant dye works different.

Madrid

Slightly Crazed
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Ivory has a legitimate gripe.

The Bottom line is: Items should not be reverted to ANY colors after they've been dyed. Especially with dyes comming from uogamecodes where people are paying real life cash.

Sorry but the DEV teams needs to get off their ass and code this to function as anyone with half a brain would think it would.

Bleach should be the only option available to return the item to it's default color.

Sorry but I'm with Ivory Norwind on this one and what it really boils down to is lazy/negligent coding.

If someone dyes an item it should remain that color... end of story.

Harlequin

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I had a couple of my tokuno pigment dyed quivers of infinity revert back to the default colours after 1 of the patches.

Didn't take as much charges as Ivory's, but still kinda sucked.

GMs used to replace stuff until several players spoiled it by abusing it.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There are so many people that leave OSI.
Ok, i have 6 accounts.
But if this time i have no refund for your bugs, i sell all accounts and go to unofficial shards.
Bye
From what I've seen it is not a bug. However, even if it was a bug, no refund would even happen. Kind of follows along the line of replacing lost items: there is no proof that anything even happened here according to your story. I believe you though, but you can't prove it and that's the problem. To them it could just be a lie from someone wanting to score free stuff. Best you could hope for is one of the devs reading this and maybe replacing the dyes for you. You ain't getting any cash refund regardless. So if you're serious here in what I quoted, sorry for the loss and cya.

Petra Fyde

Peerless Chatterbox
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm lost. Why would you dye something that changes colour when you complete the set?

Kas Althume

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
It doesn't change, Petra. I have mage suit (from cleanup) dyed black and it stays that way when equipped. I only used tokuno color tho. Some suits like the woodland suit do change color but the mage set doesn't. So there might be a bug.

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
[YOUTUBE]83ciwAd9D8g[/YOUTUBE]
*points to the location of Ivory under her avatar*

She's in Italy. In her country,she just may have a legitimate legal claim.A purchace is a purchace.There is no disclaimer mentioned that the dyes will "fade" upon death of your character.

popps

Always Present
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Why don't you try to Personal Message about this problem one of the Developers who post on these Boards (Cal ?) or write a ticket to Customer Support at Support Home Page using the LOGIN link on the left of the screen (in the "MY STUFF" section)

If you are not registered already, you will need to first register with easupport (to register use the login link first and then check the options available), then access your support account using the login and then use the "contact us" link in the "SUPPORT LINKS" section.

Fill in the form, describe the problem you are having and in a reasonable time a support representative will reply to you.

Good luck !!

O

Old Man of UO

I think Ivory has a legitimate gripe. ...
*scratches head* I agree.

I have 3 sorcerer's suits, and I've dyed one with plant dyes. This suit does NOT revert back to its original color when equipped or when I die. It behaves like it should.

I just wonder if this is a problem with the purchased Haochi's pigments, or if some suits behaving differently.

Phaen Grey

Lore Master
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I think Ivory has a legitimate gripe. ...
*scratches head* I agree.

I have 3 sorcerer's suits, and I've dyed one with plant dyes. This suit does NOT revert back to its original color when equipped or when I die. It behaves like it should.

I just wonder if this is a problem with the purchased Haochi's pigments, or if some suits behaving differently.
I also have the sorcerers suit from the spring cleaning event, I've dyed it several times with plant dies to change its colour and its never reverted to the original neon blue on me dying or otherwise.

Viquire

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
for what its worth, I'm all for all sets loosing the "set property" that has them shift colors anyway.

MalagAste

Belaern d'Zhaunil
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
I also have the sorcerers suit from the spring cleaning event, I've dyed it several times with plant dies to change its colour and its never reverted to the original neon blue on me dying or otherwise.
I also have 2 sets of the stuff...... never has it reverted to the original color but then I can't remember the last time I died while wearing it either. And I never used the expensive pigments on it either.

I believe mine are plant dyed.

Ivory I wish you luck. Perhaps you can PM Mesanna and she would come and redye it for you.

RaDian FlGith

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
In short, you made a bad decision or did not endeavor to research to make sure nothing like that would happen. It was disclaimered as quoted in this thread.
Well, actually, given the way the game works in general, one should not be expected to research things that are basic operations.

Instead, Mythic should work to provide better distinctions in situations where the typical rules of the game go by the wayside.

For instance, apply any valid dye to a special set piece should produce a dialog box that says, "This item is part of a special armor set that changes color when the entire set is equipped. If that happens, when the set is unequipped, the entire set will revert back to its original color. Do you still wish to continue to apply this dye?" [Checkmark] [X]

Obviously, some people wear individual pieces without the whole set (virtue cloak comes to mind) where they wouldn't care. But people should never be required to research the I before E rules of a game. The game should provide the context to make those decisions.

F

Fayled Dhreams

*points to the location of Ivory under her avatar*

She's in Italy. In her country,she just may have a legitimate legal claim.A purchace is a purchace.There is no disclaimer mentioned that the dyes will "fade" upon death of your character.
AND there is no "guaruntee" that they won't

won't EVER fade or flake off ... or that they are INDEED >permanent< and unalterable....
it IS about the >nature< of the PURCHASE
which is about a VIRTUAL good
and, being Italy ...
A virtual currency ...

Talk about making up a virtual story ... :lol: this one has ALL the parts.

jack flash uk

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Ivory, seeing as we have ended our fight let me try to help:)

you are correct and many here are wrong, your suit will retain the haochi pigment colour as you say, best thing to so , is take a screenie of the reverted suit or suits and pm Cal here on stratics, it may take a bit of time but he will be able to assist, better that that feeding the trolls here!

good luck

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Ivory, seeing as we have ended our fight let me try to help:)

you are correct and many here are wrong, your suit will retain the haochi pigment colour as you say, best thing to so , is take a screenie of the reverted suit or suits and pm Cal here on stratics, it may take a bit of time but he will be able to assist, better that that feeding the trolls here!

good luck
Thank Jack flash ( :) ) but i've no screens. I've coloured another time the pieces of the armours before write here, the last night.
I've messaged a GM but i've received the usual canned answer, i've contacted the Ea assistance but no answer.
For all, i've bought all 10 pigments for 2 shards. Then it's not only 4% :(
I've read the explanation on the ea store but it says that they have 50 charges, not that the charges are for a little time. I've this sorcerer armour far from the spring tickets, coloured with the tikuno pigments or my pigments ( gardening). I've dead many times and the colour of the armour was ever working well. Another things. The arnour is a set, 6 pieces. But bot all the pieces was coloured with Haochi’s Pigments. Hat with plant pigment, other pieces without colour ( like gorgets )
Please, tell me where is written that the Haochi’s Pigments have only a few time.
Now i messsage Cailleach. Is the last thing i can do :(
Thank to all for your support

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
AND there is no "guaruntee" that they won't

won't EVER fade or flake off ... or that they are INDEED >permanent< and unalterable....
it IS about the >nature< of the PURCHASE
which is about a VIRTUAL good
and, being Italy ...
A virtual currency ...

Talk about making up a virtual story ... :lol: this one has ALL the parts.
I am not completely sure,but the sale of the dyes may be considered more of a "service" than a good,because of the nature of the "item" that she purchaced. Ivory purchaced the item in good faith with real money.When her character died and the suit reverted to it's normal color,the "service" of the dyes failed.If I purchased a similier service from a "brick and mortar" company in real life,and this service failed to live up to advertised expectations,I would be entitled to a full/partial refund.

Bethany_lg

Journeyman
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I also have multiple sets of sorceror's armor on multiple characters. It has been dyed many times, many different colors, and it stays dyed whether in pieces or equiped as a whole set. I've used plant dyes and pigments of tokuno and combinations of the 2. It has never reverted, even in death.

Seems to me something is flawed with the Haochi’s Pigments, and somebody should help you out...But not sure that will happen. Good luck and I hope someone helps you.

F

Fayled Dhreams

I am not completely sure,but the sale of the dyes may be considered :talktothehand:
*chortle*
Good luck >with your suit<
*smirks*
You Realize that your >resurrection< (to parallel ivory's story) ... *loses straight face* ... :lol:

THE "service" is quite well laid out in the TOS
IF you are a subscriber, you agreed to review it periodically.

time for a review.

If I purchased a similar service from a "brick and mortar" ... and died and was resurrected ...
and my shoes were a different color ... bwahahahahahaha

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I am not completely sure,but the sale of the dyes may be considered :talktothehand:
*chortle*
Good luck >with your suit<
*smirks*
You Realize that your >resurrection< (to parallel ivory's story) ... *loses straight face* ... :lol:

THE "service" is quite well laid out in the TOS
IF you are a subscriber, you agreed to review it periodically.

time for a review.

If I purchased a similar service from a "brick and mortar" ... and died and was resurrected ...
and my shoes were a different color ... bwahahahahahaha
If you are going to quote me and reply to what I have said,do not edit my quote and misrepresent what I posted.

As a consumer of what EA offers,which is a service,we have a right to expect for EA,in the US at least,to uphold their end of the "contract". The sale of 'items' found in UOGamecodes.com are premium-service features that are not found as normal loot.

We,as consumers,have a right to expect for this service to not fail through normal game interaction.Or if it does fail through no fault of the consumer,we have a right to expect fair reperation. Ivory's complant should not be met with 'buyer be ware'.

It would be one thing to buy uogamecode items with in-game gold,but the transactions are made in real cash.We should hope that EA would stand behind their service and make sure that the added premium services that are offered do not vanish upon a normal game event(death of a character).

F

Fayled Dhreams

If you are going to quote me and reply to what I have said,do not edit my quote and misrepresent what I posted.

As a consumer of what EA offers,which is a service,we have a right to expect for EA,in the US at least,to uphold their end of the "contract". The sale of 'items' found in UOGamecodes.com are premium-service features that are not found as normal loot.

We,as consumers,have a right to expect for this service to not fail through normal game interaction.Or if it does fail through no fault of the consumer,we have a right to expect fair reperation. Ivory's complant should not be met with 'buyer be ware'.

It would be one thing to buy uogamecode items with in-game gold,but the transactions are made in real cash.We should hope that EA would stand behind their service and make sure that the added premium services that are offered do not vanish upon a normal game event(death of a character).
IF you would(could?) have read the TOS ...
you would know that you are WROG.

:lol: wrog

*shows poster "Fayleds Moon" * moon ...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
The bug here is allow to dye item set. Item sets change color when the set is complete and is useless allow to dye it...

I don't think there will never be a refound... unfortunately if you lose an item they'll never give it back to you, not even if a bug have destroyed it.
Look for example the quiver of infinity bug, when you alter it after few seconds it goes poof :(

Ivory Norwind

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, if i buy at the EAStore in real money a gamecode for 6 months and at the second months it is espired, it's ok?
I think that is this case you can obtein a refund.
This problem is the same. I buy in the official store with real money an item ( pigments) that have a bug.
I need a refund or at least a warning that there is a bug and the fix.
The quiver was a in-game bug . Noone had buyed it for real money at the EaStore it!!! It is completely different

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Pinco, if i buy at the EAStore in real money a gamecode for 6 months and at the second months it is espired, it's ok?
I think that is this case you can obtein a refund.
This problem is the same. I buy in the official store with real money an item ( pigments) that have a bug.
I need a refund or at least a warning that there is a bug and the fix.
The quiver was a in-game bug . Noone had buyed it for real money at the EaStore it!!! It is completely different
well, once I bought a 3 month game code and is gone after 2 because my credit card data on the account page was expired and I've not updated it (that's what the support guy said)...
You should try the ea live chat, maybe you could get some answers...

Pinco

UOEC Modder
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see what happen :)

However I suggest you to avoid legal actions against company with more resources than God :p

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Let's see what happen :)

However I suggest you to avoid legal actions against company with more resources than God :p
And when all they have to do is point at that huge list of crap you agree to when buying from gamecodes and playing UO.

S

Sevin0oo0

If 'other' dyes work, I think these should too, Unless stated otherwise. If not stated, then it's implied they will works as others. Lots of things could be in writing, doesn't make them legal and iron-clad. ex. If they mis-represented the item, even accidentally, they should make it good - there's implied merchantability

Hunters' Moon

Grand Inquisitor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
IF you would(could?) have read the TOS ...
you would know that you are WROG.

:lol: wrog

*shows poster "Fayleds Moon" * moon ...

2a. Electronic Arts' unilateral revision of this Agreement; Your responsibility to be aware of changes
Show me anything-anywhere that EA has designed the buyable dyes to 'fade' from an armor piece upon death of a character. You can't. It doesn't work that way. Oh and insulting my screen name? This isn't NHB OT. Do it again and I'll report your every post.

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
That's in insult to your screen name? Reporting every post would just be a waste of time to whoever has to read those reports. I would consider it abusing the report system.

But the problem comes to proof that something was actually lost. That's the real hurdle here.

Martyna Zmuir

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
...many here are wrong, your suit will retain the haochi pigment colour as you say, best thing to so , is take a screenie of the reverted suit or suits and pm Cal here on stratics, it may take a bit of time but he will be able to assist, better that that feeding the trolls here!
Jack is correct.

The Sorcerer's Suit does NOT change colors when the full suit is worn. It used to, but that was changed long ago.

My tamer wears the full suit, and the pieces are actually dyed two different colors to go with her overall theme.

The Virtue Armor set also remembers the colors each individual piece was before the full set was worn.

I hope your bugged suit is fixed, Ivory! :)