• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Bug to Watch Out For

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So today while Idocing, while my beetle who I have for the last 7 years or so bonded if not longer got deleted when house fell..........House fell and I still saw part of it so logged back in and out and poof beetle was gone , and no was not in stable and it said I had o/o for animal slot . Mind you I am also 120 tame. lore, vet on this char...... I would love to say I am shocked but this also happend to my best pvp dragon about 9 years ago . Both times it was on the Fel side as well..

Viper09

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Were you in the house when it fell? If I recall correctly this can happen when a house falls.

G.v.P

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
no the house was not public
Do you recall the type of house? Was it a tower or something with an overhang? Also, were you mounted on the beetle? Sucks even more if you were mounted.

Shelleybean

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So today while Idocing, while my beetle who I have for the last 7 years or so bonded if not longer got deleted when house fell..........House fell and I still saw part of it so logged back in and out and poof beetle was gone , and no was not in stable and it said I had o/o for animal slot . Mind you I am also 120 tame. lore, vet on this char...... I would love to say I am shocked but this also happend to my best pvp dragon about 9 years ago . Both times it was on the Fel side as well..
This sounds like an old bug that has come back. Was your pet inside the house when it fell?

Arrgh

Sage
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recall away, then back again to try and clear cache, might have possibly saved pet.

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Recall away, then back again to try and clear cache, might have possibly saved pet.
no I spoke with a gm and he could sadly not find my pet , it was the old bug from way back that really has never been fixed , good thing it was only my bug this time and not my dragon or dread

outcry

Slightly Crazed
Supporter
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Do you recall the type of house? Was it a tower or something with an overhang? Also, were you mounted on the beetle? Sucks even more if you were mounted.

was a keep and no sadly I was not mounted,. it happens just want people to becareful

Bobar

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This used to happen if you had a pet dismounted INSIDE the house when it fell. Saw that happen quite a few times but dont remember seeing or hearing of one disappearing from outside. So as you say it was a private house you were obviously outside and thats a new one on me.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
So today while Idocing, while my beetle who I have for the last 7 years or so bonded if not longer got deleted when house fell..........House fell and I still saw part of it so logged back in and out and poof beetle was gone- - - . Both times it was on the Fel side as well..
There was something going on in the *old world before or shortly after the introduction of Trammel (*can't remember the details) whereby many players lost many pets, mostly while riding through gates, and arriving at a destination without their pet under them or with them. I lost nightmares especially while riding a nightmare which would always vanish when I used gates. I wasn't interested in IDOCs so don't know if they were related to the disappearance of your pets. . Eventually, for me, it became neccessary to make tamers out of characters who were logged off sitting on favorite pets like nightmares to save them from vanishing in stables or anywhere else, and also to keep a few rares from vanishing from bank boxes which were reduced in size. I made extra tamers in order to have extra slots in stables to hold pets, but that probably was after the introduction of A0S and Trammel. Also I had to make tamers out of the characters riding pets without any taming skill in order to be able to use the pets or transfer them to tamers later when Taming was compulsary skill in order to own those elite type pets. LOL What a mess.

Anyhow, all that aside, - - Outcry, your problem may be related to the Old World bugs still in existance and attached to Felucca programming.

Raptor85

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been a LOT of poofed pets lately, something that the devs did recently seems to have brought back a lot of the old ML and SE pet bugs that were supposidly already fixed as well...I've even experienced myself being kicked off my mount while riding (NOT dismounted) and my pet poofing...thankfully it was "saved" and sent to the stables instead of permanantly gone...but if i had crossed a server line that may not have been the case!

My theory to this is that a lot of the new features are modified from a lot of the old beta/TC stuff they were trying around SE/ML....which makes sense because we actually HAVE seen a lot of these systems before (even if not quite as we have them now) they were just never made permanant...so a lot of code from early SE/ML may have been copied back into the game causing these bugs which were already fixed to re-appear.

Jade of Sonoma

Babbling Loonie
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
There have been a LOT of poofed pets lately, something that the devs did recently seems to have brought back a lot of the old ML and SE pet bugs that were supposidly already fixed as well...I've even experienced myself being kicked off my mount while riding (NOT dismounted) and my pet poofing...thankfully it was "saved" and sent to the stables instead of permanantly gone...but if i had crossed a server line that may not have been the case!

My theory to this is that a lot of the new features are modified from a lot of the old beta/TC stuff they were trying around SE/ML....which makes sense because we actually HAVE seen a lot of these systems before (even if not quite as we have them now) they were just never made permanant...so a lot of code from early SE/ML may have been copied back into the game causing these bugs which were already fixed to re-appear.
Exactly! You explained that perfectly ! :thumbup:

jade wishes to have a much needed superior education in computer technology! :scholar: