• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another Bod Gotcha..

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe I missed this in the notes but the option to 'bank' bod points is removed when you pass the highest reward threshold.

Example : Highest reward is Valorite Hammer for smithing at 1250 points. Once you have more than that banked you will no longer get the option to 'bank' points when you turn in a bod regardless of what you have selected on your bod. You don't get a message or anything but you are forced to pick a reward for the existing bod.

I was pretty livid when this was happening as I was cycling through some iron larges and banking points and at one point they just started throwing me in the reward menu instead of giving the option to bank the points.

Super annoying. We can bank 15 million turn in points to use later - why can't we store up as many bod points as we want?

Fridgster

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Maybe I missed this in the notes but the option to 'bank' bod points is removed when you pass the highest reward threshold.

Example : Highest reward is Valorite Hammer for smithing at 1250 points. Once you have more than that banked you will no longer get the option to 'bank' points when you turn in a bod regardless of what you have selected on your bod. You don't get a message or anything but you are forced to pick a reward for the existing bod.

I was pretty livid when this was happening as I was cycling through some iron larges and banking points and at one point they just started throwing me in the reward menu instead of giving the option to bank the points.

Super annoying. We can bank 15 million turn in points to use later - why can't we store up as many bod points as we want?
I did the same exact thing. I think it's there to combat scripters. They can't just sit there and ... well bank a million points at a time. Do I think it will be effective? Probably not but honestly it's not that big a deal to choose a reward once you hit the point total.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Know what you want and how many points it costs. Know what BODs give what points. Gather BODs and turn them in until desired points are reached and pick your reward. Rinse and repeat as many times needed until all BODs are done and all rewards are picked.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Know what you want and how many points it costs. Know what BODs give what points. Gather BODs and turn them in until desired points are reached and pick your reward. Rinse and repeat as many times needed until all BODs are done and all rewards are picked.
Leave it to Frodo to cheerlead an absolutely stupid limitation.

How many systems do we have now for points and the ability to claim rewards? Blackthorns, treasures, cleanup, etc. None of those systems require a wipe of all your points when you pick a reward, and have a realistically high point cap (10 million for cleanup which is 20x the most expensive reward). IMO there is no logical argument for the way they did the BOD bank points given these other reward systems.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

How many systems do we have now for points and the ability to claim rewards? Blackthorns, treasures, cleanup, etc. None of those systems require a wipe of all your points when you pick a reward, and have a realistically high point cap (10 million for cleanup which is 20x the most expensive reward). IMO there is no logical argument for the way they did the BOD bank points given these other reward systems.
:facepalm: I guess telling someone how to work the current system is cheerleading.:next:

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

Agree. And if you bank 1200 points and select your POF for 450 and lose the other 800 - that is completely stupid too. The whole benefit of accumulating points is thus a non-issue. I'll just store competed bods in books for specific rewards as I've always done and turn them in when I need the reward. I was hoping this system would allow me to clear out some of this stack of bods from the world of UO and the load on the system. Just like the cleanup points allowed people to 'trash' a bunch of stuff but save up the points to spend later thus reducing the net item count in UO.

Either way I have about 30-40,000 bods. I'll be able to get whatever rewards I want and more than I will ever need - I just wanted to stop storing and sorting them all and finally finish and save the points. At the end of the day - looks like bribing up plate armor to val and holding completed val 20 ex LBODS is the way to go like always. New points system is much less interesting then I thought.

Thanks for all the useless coding devs. No better than the old system.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
:facepalm: I guess telling someone how to work the current system is cheerleading.:next:
The op was not complaining that he couldn't figure out how to claim rewards, he was complaining that such a low point cap (and the subsequent wipe of points when you claim a reward) is dumb... which it is.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Agree. And if you bank 1200 points and select your POF for 450 and lose the other 800 - that is completely stupid too. The whole benefit of accumulating points is thus a non-issue. I'll just store competed bods in books for specific rewards as I've always done and turn them in when I need the reward. I was hoping this system would allow me to clear out some of this stack of bods from the world of UO and the load on the system. Just like the cleanup points allowed people to 'trash' a bunch of stuff but save up the points to spend later thus reducing the net item count in UO.

Either way I have about 30-40,000 bods. I'll be able to get whatever rewards I want and more than I will ever need - I just wanted to stop storing and sorting them all and finally finish and save the points. At the end of the day - looks like bribing up plate armor to val and holding completed val 20 ex LBODS is the way to go like always. New points system is much less interesting then I thought.

Thanks for all the useless coding devs. No better than the old system.
:next:

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The op was not complaining that he couldn't figure out how to claim rewards, he was complaining that such a low point cap (and the subsequent wipe of points when you claim a reward) is dumb... which it is.
And I told him and everybody else how to work a system until it is fixed or not so your point is what, name calling.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Mesanna said she wanted us turning in bods, not hording them. Then they set up a system where the banked point value is so low its a joke, and set it up to where if you bank points, you lose them if you dont use them all on one item.
Said one thing, did another/

I give this whole boondoggle a D-, regardless of how many cheerleaders it has.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Mesanna said she wanted us turning in bods, not hording them. Then they set up a system where the banked point value is so low its a joke, and set it up to where if you bank points, you lose them if you dont use them all on one item.

The problem with that is that you have to 'hoard' smalls to fill the large...

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
The problem with that is that you have to 'hoard' smalls to fill the large...
This could be. I can only wonder how many crafters do what I do and trash or decline the low end bods until they get to the high end ones or things that will give some value like the valorite hammer or barbed runic kit.

I've never done a Bod thinking, man I hope I get a DC hammer today.

Dot_Warner

Grand Inquisitor
Governor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
This could be. I can only wonder how many crafters do what I do and trash or decline the low end bods until they get to the high end ones or things that will give some value like the valorite hammer or barbed runic kit.

I've never done a Bod thinking, man I hope I get a DC hammer today.
Accept the low end BODs, fill them and turn them in, in the hopes of getting the larges. I turn and burn cooking BODs like this en mass. Trying for the elusive sushi orders... o.0

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I take them all - if I need smalls to fill large, then I fill and turn in the low level to get the better ones. I've got a dozen storage vendors just for smith & tailor, and expect that to hit about twenty when I rebuild in a couple of days and add vendors for the others.

OREOGL

Crazed Zealot
Professional
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
Campaign Patron
Accept the low end BODs, fill them and turn them in, in the hopes of getting the larges. I turn and burn cooking BODs like this en mass. Trying for the elusive sushi orders... o.0
Yeah, I've never been big on burn and turn.

I have a lot of bods from over the years, I just haven't persuaded myself about the value of doing them.

I've been grabbing the three or so when I'm on and throw them in a book, it just seems overly tedious for something with little gain.

I really hoped the banking system would provide a little more value to doing them, but it didn't.

I'll just continue to buy and support those who are more interested in doing it.

Who knows maybe I'll start selling BODs themselves.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
I'm lucky, I have a spare account I am using for storage, and was going to close it; I just bought the skill level required to get BODs and have been running the six of them round every twelve hours to get a couple BODs each. Plus my actual crafters. Plus a couple of hubbys chars he's not using just now. Having those low levels to cycle has been a real bonus.

The ones I can't get for cooking, or that don't turn up much, are awase-miso, red miso, egg bombs, and wasabi clumps. The sweet cocoa butters will have to wait til I grow sugar, and I seem to have an astonishing number of them!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I take them all - if I need smalls to fill large, then I fill and turn in the low level to get the better ones. I've got a dozen storage vendors just for smith & tailor, and expect that to hit about twenty when I rebuild in a couple of days and add vendors for the others.
My count is 77 Vendors and I expect to add to start another 20 for the new BODs. GOD forbid if I have to use my 2nd Castle to do this. Yes I have way to many BODs but when people leave so far I have inherited 4 collections plus mine and I do every BOD to get a new BOD and yes at one time I had 10 BOD collecting accounts but no longer, I am down to 2 Accounts with 4 crafters total on main shard.

Uriah Heep

Grand Poobah
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
The problem with that is that you have to 'hoard' smalls to fill the large..
Unless they make the turnin points worth a bit more. I hate the hoarding, would rather turn in smalls and not hold on to them. But I have no intention of doing the work for nothing...ingame or IRL.

Ideally, I think a Large bod should be a super bonus poiint thing, semi rare to get, and we make most of our items from the sbods and point banking. But it wont work at the levels currently set

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Unless they make the turnin points worth a bit more. I hate the hoarding, would rather turn in smalls and not hold on to them. But I have no intention of doing the work for nothing...ingame or IRL.

Ideally, I think a Large bod should be a super bonus poiint thing, semi rare to get, and we make most of our items from the sbods and point banking. But it wont work at the levels currently set
BODs would work much better if they had been reworked to be more like the trade orders from cities. It would (for the most part) eliminate the need to horde mass quantities of small BODs.

With proper scaling for material and system rarity it would have worked just fine without the need to differentiate between turnin value and banked value.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED

But every time you turn in a BOD you get another BOD to replace it. There is no way to do away with BOD HOARDING no matter how many points you get because BOD Runners will always get a new BOD foe every BOD turned in. There is no way Mesanna will ever be able to stop BOD HOARDING no matter what she does, BOD COLLECTORS will maintain/grow their collections, that is the way BODs are done. The only way BOD Collections will ever be reduced is to give more LBODs out and make them worth more points/better rewards so we use up all our SBODs filling them. New LBOD 20X Val armor with all 13 pieces of armor required to fill it 14 BODs gone with one BOD returned. Would have to be one hell of a reward.

Lorddog

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what if the reward you want is a timed 24 hr one? does the timer trigger the minute you get the reward or is it like a deed that will trigger when you might want to do it later?
I can see that being an issue if your suddenly having to do your reward process (mining or converting or whatever it is)

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
what if the reward you want is a timed 24 hr one? does the timer trigger the minute you get the reward or is it like a deed that will trigger when you might want to do it later?
I can see that being an issue if your suddenly having to do your reward process (mining or converting or whatever it is)

As far as I know, it runs from when you receive the reward. And that right there is another reason to 'hoard' BODs, keeping the filled ones until you've time to use the reward.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
BODs would work much better if they had been reworked to be more like the trade orders from cities. It would (for the most part) eliminate the need to horde mass quantities of small BODs.

With proper scaling for material and system rarity it would have worked just fine without the need to differentiate between turnin value and banked value.
OK lets run with this and use PoF as an example. PoF 450 points and you can get these with Small and Large BODs so do we now drop down to 1 item on a trade up to multi items so we can get Val Hammers? Can we bribe up a Trade? Can we have more than one trade active. Di I get 3 trades at log-in and for everyone I turn in do I get a new one? Some questions just to start with.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
My count is 77 Vendors and I expect to add to start another 20 for the new BODs. GOD forbid if I have to use my 2nd Castle to do this. Yes I have way to many BODs but when people leave so far I have inherited 4 collections plus mine and I do every BOD to get a new BOD and yes at one time I had 10 BOD collecting accounts but no longer, I am down to 2 Accounts with 4 crafters total on main shard.

As I said, I was going to close this one, and still will, just not until I think I have enough BODs stashed :p

I have two accounts, with my crafters spread across them, and after this rebuild in a couple days, one house.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
As I said, I was going to close this one, and still will, just not until I think I have enough BODs stashed :p

I have two accounts, with my crafters spread across them, and after this rebuild in a couple days, one house.
I went from 12 accounts down to 2 main accounts with just 4 crafters out of 14 chars at one time I ran 50 collectors 10 accounts on Baja with 0.1 Smith/Tailor on them LOL

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
OK lets run with this and use PoF as an example. PoF 450 points and you can get these with Small and Large BODs so do we now drop down to 1 item on a trade up to multi items so we can get Val Hammers? Can we bribe up a Trade? Can we have more than one trade active. Di I get 3 trades at log-in and for everyone I turn in do I get a new one? Some questions just to start with.
I wouldn't change the BOD collection system. But BODs themselves would come in 1-6 line orders and eliminate the need to get small BODs to fill big ones. I would have eliminated the bribe system all together.

I would create a grid with quality/quantity on one axis and material on the other. The lowest end (1 line 10 normal from iron) would be worth 5 points and the top end (6 line 20x from valorite) would be worth 2000. Fill in the grid in between as appropriate. Once that is done you scale the rewards to the appropriate level... maybe powder isn't 450 anymore, maybe it's 75.

I would make all BODs as banked points at 100% value and eliminate the clearing of points when you claim a reward. Put the point cap at 1 million and let people save up points instead of actual BODs.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I wouldn't change the BOD collection system. But BODs themselves would come in 1-6 line orders and eliminate the need to get small BODs to fill big ones. I would have eliminated the bribe system all together.

I would create a grid with quality/quantity on one axis and material on the other. The lowest end (1 line 10 normal from iron) would be worth 5 points and the top end (6 line 20x from valorite) would be worth 2000. Fill in the grid in between as appropriate. Once that is done you scale the rewards to the appropriate level... maybe powder isn't 450 anymore, maybe it's 75.

I would make all BODs as banked points at 100% value and eliminate the clearing of points when you claim a reward. Put the point cap at 1 million and let people save up points instead of actual BODs.
So we would be totally at the mercy of the RNG and have way fewer trades than we currently have. Reward prices will shoot through the roof because there will be 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000 times less reward trades then what the BOD Collectors have currently. You would also do away with BOD Trading/Selling. In affect you would do away with an entire playstyle because no one is going to do it. Fish Monger and Trade System are all but dead and you want to turn the BOD System into the same thing. One Trade at a time is TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. Lets kill all of the Crafters, sorry because that is what your system will do.

Merus

Crazed Zealot
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
So we would be totally at the mercy of the RNG and have way fewer trades than we currently have. Reward prices will shoot through the roof because there will be 10,000, 100,000, 1,000,000 times less reward trades then what the BOD Collectors have currently. You would also do away with BOD Trading/Selling. In affect you would do away with an entire playstyle because no one is going to do it. Fish Monger and Trade System are all but dead and you want to turn the BOD System into the same thing. One Trade at a time is TOTALLY NOT WORTH IT. Lets kill all of the Crafters, sorry because that is what your system will do.
Clearly you are of the opinion that there are just loads and loads of players out there doing BODs honestly with a few scripters in the mix. I believe it is the exact opposite... that the vast majority of honest players don't participate in the BOD system because it is a total boondoggle and that most BOD rewards that get claimed are done so by scripters.

By making the BOD system more accessible to the average player, I believe it would expand the playstyle, not kill it. You clearly want the BOD system to remain more exclusive, and I disagree with that.

Spartan

Certifiable
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
This is what do on my smith as well. I'll take any SBOD they throw at me. A couple I might bribe up, but that's it. Save in a book for a while - unfilled. Then when bored, fill them all, check for any LBOD combines and turn them all in. Rinse/repeat.

Oh yeah .... no banking for me. Immediate gratification even if it is the 5000th DC runic.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Clearly you are of the opinion that there are just loads and loads of players out there doing BODs honestly with a few scripters in the mix. I believe it is the exact opposite... that the vast majority of honest players don't participate in the BOD system because it is a total boondoggle and that most BOD rewards that get claimed are done so by scripters.

By making the BOD system more accessible to the average player, I believe it would expand the playstyle, not kill it. You clearly want the BOD system to remain more exclusive, and I disagree with that.
So everybody posting in all these threads are Scripters and none of are HONEST BOD runners. There are more HONEST PLAYERS than you think, what you think every body cheats. Doing what you want will do nothing but drive up the cost of rewards and the only reason people are still using the Runics is because they are still cost effective esp with this new OMG over the top LOOT. Nobody is going to do your system, just like nobody is doing the Trade and Fish Monger Quests. Sorry if I am trying to save what little there is of my playstyle and the other BOD Runners out there, unlike your proposal which will destroy what little there is left of it. When is the last time you even saw a mining scripter on mass Chars logging and collection BODs? The Gold from BODs are CHUMP CHANGE compared to all the 1P+ LOOT Items people are selling on stratics and what Gold is worth not enough to mention anymore and you think a Scripter is gonna do BODs to make MEGA GOLD, now that is funny.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
This is what do on my smith as well. I'll take any SBOD they throw at me. A couple I might bribe up, but that's it. Save in a book for a while - unfilled. Then when bored, fill them all, check for any LBOD combines and turn them all in. Rinse/repeat.

I'm sitting here reading a pick me up, put me down book whilst making bulk pots on my alchemist and bulk cooking BOD stuffs on my cook - the wee ones cycle much faster that way. Getting through fifty is so much faster when you've the bits sitting there, and, unlike smith or tailor, they don't take up excessive amounts of space :)

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
But every time you turn in a BOD you get another BOD to replace it. There is no way to do away with BOD HOARDING no matter how many points you get because BOD Runners will always get a new BOD foe every BOD turned in. There is no way Mesanna will ever be able to stop BOD HOARDING no matter what she does, BOD COLLECTORS will maintain/grow their collections, that is the way BODs are done. The only way BOD Collections will ever be reduced is to give more LBODs out and make them worth more points/better rewards so we use up all our SBODs filling them. New LBOD 20X Val armor with all 13 pieces of armor required to fill it 14 BODs gone with one BOD returned. Would have to be one hell of a reward.
Agree with you here. The only way sheer number of bods go down is making the larges worth doing because one large can take 6 smalls plus the large so seven bods with 1 bod back. The point system *seems* to encourage this by giving you 20% of the LBOD points banked but only a fraction of the smalls. However, if you can't store the points - I'll just store the #$#@ bods.

I really don't want the bulk of my gameplay to be sorting and storing bods.

Oh well, the only benefit so far is that iron weapon larges have value in this system because you can downsize your reward for EX LBODs to POF. I'm filling bod books of completed LBODs in case I ever want the POF's.

On Great Lakes alone - 54 vendors all completely full with bods (so thats like 600 bods each) plus 9 containers with another 600 each. That should be approximately 35,000 bods on GL alone.
Have collections on Europa, Catskills, Sonoma and Arirang. Not as many as GL but probably another 10,000 bods at least.

Just got my xfer tokens after 14 long years so will likely do some consolidating as well as cold storage (IE Completed bod books moved to other shards in bank boxes for storing. Will xfer them if I ever need them.)
At the moment I have 235 spined kit bods filled and ready to claim.

Here is to wishing they wouldn't have limited the runic tool combining to limit at 100 charges. I would like to make that 20,000 charge tool we get on test center. Thats another change I've asked for over the years that fell on deaf ears. Never got a realistic explanation on why you cap the charges at 100. For DC runics thats 2 runics into 1. Big Deal. Let me combine up to 5,000 charges like the Smoker reward or something. Thats way more useful.

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While we are at it for other bod ideas I've posted before....

1 - They should eliminate QTY 10 and 20 bods. Just use 15 for everything. Its hard enough to match color and type let alone quantity. It makes you save thousands of bods to complete anything. Annoying and un needed complexity.
2 - Why are ring large bod rewards less value than chain? Chain armor only requires 3 bods while ring requires 4. Ring bods have been the ******* child for bods for ages. Those point systems should have been switched.
3 - Why can't I 'fill all' from container with bods like I can bod items? IE all loose bods in a container go into a book without clicking on them all individually. Would save me SO much sorting time.
4 - Bod Books should allow or even natually sort alphabetically. The last in last in the list is silly. When you have 200 iron bods in a book it would be so nice to just scroll to the 'S's for that spear bod instead of looking at 20 pages for it.
5 - Let us store bods with one lock down per book. These dozens of vendors for storage is such a drag on the game. You did it for SOA, SOT books - why not bod books?
6 - Vendors sell all the iron normal items for bods except war forks. Why don't blacksmiths sell war forks?
7 - As someone else noted - you need to add all the bod givers to each town for town loyalty points. There are towns where you don't have scribes, carpenters etc. Those towns are at a disadvantage vs Skara, Jhelom and others that have a full list.
8 - Vendor items - why do some vendors only sell like 20 of an item then you need to buy them out and wait till they spawn double? Can't all vendors just sell 999 of each item? What the hell is the reason for this? No one wants to take an hour buying up scrolls so they can get the chance to buy 999. This is just an artificial limit for those trying to do inscription bods and the like. You can buy 500 ingots at a time. Why can't you buy 500 blank scrolls?

Put me in charge and I'll fix this junk... I miss some of the old Dev's I used to partner with to get these list of things fixed. Leuro (Patrick Mallot) and I once knocked out like 20 bod bugs in a publish that made so many things better but seems there is little player input anymore....

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
While we are at it for other bod ideas I've posted before....

1 - They should eliminate QTY 10 and 20 bods. Just use 15 for everything. Its hard enough to match color and type let alone quantity. It makes you save thousands of bods to complete anything. Annoying and un needed complexity.
2 - Why are ring large bod rewards less value than chain? Chain armor only requires 3 bods while ring requires 4. Ring bods have been the ******* child for bods for ages. Those point systems should have been switched.
3 - Why can't I 'fill all' from container with bods like I can bod items? IE all loose bods in a container go into a book without clicking on them all individually. Would save me SO much sorting time.
4 - Bod Books should allow or even natually sort alphabetically. The last in last in the list is silly. When you have 200 iron bods in a book it would be so nice to just scroll to the 'S's for that spear bod instead of looking at 20 pages for it.
5 - Let us store bods with one lock down per book. These dozens of vendors for storage is such a drag on the game. You did it for SOA, SOT books - why not bod books?
6 - Vendors sell all the iron normal items for bods except war forks. Why don't blacksmiths sell war forks?
7 - As someone else noted - you need to add all the bod givers to each town for town loyalty points. There are towns where you don't have scribes, carpenters etc. Those towns are at a disadvantage vs Skara, Jhelom and others that have a full list.
8 - Vendor items - why do some vendors only sell like 20 of an item then you need to buy them out and wait till they spawn double? Can't all vendors just sell 999 of each item? What the hell is the reason for this? No one wants to take an hour buying up scrolls so they can get the chance to buy 999. This is just an artificial limit for those trying to do inscription bods and the like. You can buy 500 ingots at a time. Why can't you buy 500 blank scrolls?

Put me in charge and I'll fix this junk... I miss some of the old Dev's I used to partner with to get these list of things fixed. Leuro (Patrick Mallot) and I once knocked out like 20 bod bugs in a publish that made so many things better but seems there is little player input anymore....
#1 15 count BODs are normally the ones thrown away.
#2 Because in real Chain Armor is better than Ring.
#3 you can fill LBODs from a container after the Sbods are filled.
#4 no because I know for a FACT that the one I want will be at the end.
#5 HELL YES.
#6 Good question.
#7 TY I got slammed for that suggestion. Where is the Tink in Skara.
#8 is a hold over from the old system and even though you have to work them up to 999 the price never changes. Ingots go up in price while scrolls do not.

Larisa

Publishing Manager, Stratics Leadership
Editor
Reporter
Professional
Editor
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
For those of you who claim that if you bank points, then spend a fraction of said banked points you lose the rest..is incorrect.

I have 253 Banked Points in Tinkering...I have claimed 2 250-use Tinker Tools and I still have the remaining 233 Banked Points left...unless that is different when you hit max banked points.

Also, yet to be posted but in last nights Meet and Greet Mesanna DID say that she was going to look into how BOD books are interacted with...as in, she won't change the amount of lockdowns they take BUT will look into having them being usable when locked down which will be AWESOME!

Theo_GL

Grand Poobah
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
Wait - there is bod trading? With Bribing you don't need to trade with anyone anymore.

Before bribing I had 3 of the 7 bods needed for a valorite runic in 8 years of playing (and I'm a crafter/bod person first before anything). Within a week of bod bribing I had 7 completed LBODs for val runics. No need to really trade if you collect even a moderate amount of bods. Instead of making some of the top end bods spawn more - the bribe system (pay enough $$ and you can get the very top bods) killed all manner of trading in one fell swoop.

Cailleach

Babbling Loonie
Alumni
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
Wait - there is bod trading? With Bribing you don't need to trade with anyone anymore.

Before bribing I had 3 of the 7 bods needed for a valorite runic in 8 years of playing (and I'm a crafter/bod person first before anything). Within a week of bod bribing I had 7 completed LBODs for val runics. No need to really trade if you collect even a moderate amount of bods. Instead of making some of the top end bods spawn more - the bribe system (pay enough $$ and you can get the very top bods) killed all manner of trading in one fell swoop.

If you have, say, the egg bomb BOD I need to fill a sushi large, and I have the miso BOD you need to fill that large, hell yeah, there's trading!

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
YES there is still some BOD Trading and BOD sells going on but not near as much as there was say 3 years ago and with this new loot it totally sucks.

Lord Arm

Certifiable
Governor
Stratics Veteran
UNLEASHED
I posted that they shouldn't do points, should just be able to pick that level item or lower but dev didn't listen. a lot of complaining about losing points. the point system will mainly help bod script fillers. I waiting for some super great people to put out good list of all large/small bods with reward/points for each crafting skill lol. if there's a list already, let me know lol. thanks. we also need list of bods that cant be filled so we don't waste our time with them.

Last edited:

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor

You forget one thing; with all the issues with the new BODs, now I'm actually ending up storing even more BODs than I was hoarding before, to the point there's an army or two of BOD holders grumbling in my houses.

Plus, they still refuse to consider making BOD books just 1-item lockdowns, even as of the Hokuto meet and greet... Just:
  • Let us dump the BOD book holders, be able to actually just hold all these books in the backpack or bank of a that skill's character.
  • Let us turn in entire books of filled BODs all at once, bank those points, and get back that book with new BODs, rather than all the manual swapping.
  • Let BOD points work just like every other points sytem.
  • While at it, maybe make a gump to let us see all the various point totals, for BODs, cleanup, etc, just like we can see karma and fame points?
  • Store BOD points per shard, rather than per character.
  • Raise the banked value for BODs to something more realistic. If I go to a used bookstore to sell some books, they'll give me something like $10 "now" store credit, or $7.50 for later. I can only imagine "well, I can either give you $10 credit now, or 20 cents credit for you to spend sometime in the future?" Script BODing isn't really a valid concern for BODs, imho, when it comes to banked value; regardless who is doing them, or how, if you have more than a few, you're probably doing a large number all at once per step, including the turn-in step. As it is now, you're harming the non-scripter far far more than you're doing anything to the scripter, by making the banked values so severely pointless.
  • If I pick to spend points on something, be they banked points or not, then re-bank the balance.
  • Add some deco rewards for scribes. Talismen and dyes only go so far. (Every skill could use more deco options to spend points on.)

All in all, make this something other than a total experience in drudgery. Do some serious play-testing on each skill, to fix non-workable BODs like listed here, and to make the points per each BOD make sense. (Just like that 15 academic book BOD made so little sense, they removed academic books from the system entirely.) Considering how much work already went into storing, handling, turning in, etc for smith and tailor, this addition just exponentially multiplied the problem we'll have in a few months.

BrianFreud

Lore Keeper, Wiki Maker, & Doer of Crazy Things
Professional
Stratics Veteran
Wiki Moderator
UNLEASHED
Campaign Supporter
Wiki Editor
Also, yet to be posted but in last nights Meet and Greet Mesanna DID say that she was going to look into how BOD books are interacted with...as in, she won't change the amount of lockdowns they take BUT will look into having them being usable when locked down which will be AWESOME!
Unless that also extends to "when stored on a vendor", I see that as a relatively unhelpful change, tbh.

Lord Frodo

Stratics Legend
Stratics Veteran
Stratics Legend
UNLEASHED
I posted that they shouldn't do points, should just be able to pick that level item of lower but dev didn't listen. a lot of complaining about losing points. the point system will mainly help bod script fillers. I waiting for some super great people to put out good list of all large/small bods with reward/points for each crafting skill lol. if there's a list already, let me know lol. thanks. we also need list of bods that cant be filled so we don't waste our time with them.
Bulk Orders – Ultima Online
Tower of Roses
And I am still waiting for Stratics to do this also.