• Hail Guest!
    We're looking for Community Content Contribuitors to Stratics. If you would like to write articles, fan fiction, do guild or shard event recaps, it's simple. Find out how in this thread: Community Contributions
  • Greetings Guest, Having Login Issues? Check this thread!
  • Hail Guest!,
    Please take a moment to read this post reminding you all of the importance of Account Security.
  • Hail Guest!
    Please read the new announcement concerning the upcoming addition to Stratics. You can find the announcement Here!

Another annoying trail download question........

• Thread starter Jessikarox
  • Start date
  • Watchers 0
J

Jessikarox

I'm sorry, I didn't want to add my question to an existing thread with a different topic, I didn't want it to get lost....

OK, I'm trying to download the trial, I used the new trial link, I fixed my security settings (because I'm using Vista), and went thru the motions of creating an account, it says my account has been created & tells me to click OK, when i do, it goes back to the first page I went to that says:

"EA-Land, get your free trial!
Welcome to the world of Electronic Arts! Create a new EA member account or login with your current member name and password to continue."

so, I put in my newly created user name (because I cannot remember my old one, or password!), and my new password, and it tells me

"Your user name or password is incorrect."

but it isn't incorrect!!!! I put it in a few times, got frustrated and went to the my account page on ea.com, used the exact same user name & password combination i had just tried 10 times, and it let me right in to change my information on ea.com, so i tried to log in to download the trial again, and it once again told me that "Your user name or password is incorrect."

Am I going insane? Someone help me, please.

D

deadtoaster2

Okay I am having a similar problem. A few weeks ago I created a trial account to test out the capabilities of free vs paid (i know they are the same right now but this was going to be an ongoing test)

so anyways it worked great the first day, emailed me the code, i popped it into my account and it worked great. 10 days or so later I got an email that said my account was going to expire in a few days, i ignored it because i wanted the free account to see how it worked.

I tried to log in today and it gives me the standard "unknown login error has occurred. your paid subscription has run out, please choose another billing option. Etc..."
So I tried to log into my account at the link you supplied above, and it is giving me the same error as the OP, I know my account and password is valid but it is telling me otherwise.

J

Jessikarox

That page worked, This page
That didn't work, did I use a bugged link or what?

Ok.... The link you sent me to worked and said: EA Land, get your free trial
The trial registration code has been sent to your email address. Please check your email.

OK -- new problem!

I followed the link from my e-mail, it told me to log in, and sent me to this download page but it will not download, it says "
The Setup Player cannot be referenced from this Web page. Check the syntax of your applet tag." and there is a button that is stuck at Please Wait...

I am on Vista, but I followed the directions on your other thread to change my security settings, and I haven't yet changed it back.. what have I done wrong now!?

G

the trial download wouldnt let me sign in on my active accounts last night as well when i tried .... kept saying name and password were inncorrect and lol i have had the same name and passy for 5 years dont think i forgot them

G

Jessie there is something in vista u have to turn off in order to get the download to come through look through the vista installs on the forum there are instructions on what to turn off in order to get that to download if i remember correctly it was something like uac its a protection vista has to keep people using it from downloading harmful content i just dont remember the page i found it on

P

pixelmaxiod

Yes mine two i wanted to download it onto my computer sense my laptop is so sloooooooooooooooooooowwwwwwwww but it wouldnt accept the user name or password, but i know it was right because i just created it!

J

Jessikarox

<blockquote><hr>

Jessie there is something in vista u have to turn off in order to get the download to come through look through the vista installs on the forum there are instructions on what to turn off in order to get that to download if i remember correctly it was something like uac its a protection vista has to keep people using it from downloading harmful content i just dont remember the page i found it on

[/ QUOTE ]

Yeah, I followed the thread's directions to turn my vista settings off.

I'm glad i'm not that only one that was having problems with this, now I don't feel like I was typing something wrong 700 times in a row..

J

Jessikarox

I'm still having my other problem with this trial:

OK -- new problem!

I followed the link from my e-mail, it told me to log in, and sent me to a download page but it will not download, it says
"The Setup Player cannot be referenced from this Web page. Check the syntax of your applet tag."

and there is a button that is stuck at Please Wait...

I am on Vista, but I followed the directions on the other thread to change my security settings... Anyone else getting this???